36 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2021 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a suggestion for anyone having problems with the bottom part of the screen being cut off in Windows 10. All is working for me now.

Part of the bottom of my screen was cut off, seems like this was a common problem so I followed the tips here:

https://fumbbl.com/help:I+can+run+the+game+but+parts+of+the+screen+are+cut+off

This didn't solve my problem.

Eventually I solved it by going to Settings > Display > Scale and layout. This was on 125% which was the recommended setting for my small laptop screen. Once I changed to 100% and restarted the client all was fine.

Might be worth adding an extra note to the page above, along the lines of 'On Windows 10, test whether changing Scale and Layout to 100% and restarting fixes the issue'.
Bram

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2021 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Simple fix is drag the task bar to the left. Or to the right. Or to the top.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2021 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

bram wrote:
Simple fix is drag the task bar to the left. Or to the right. Or to the top.

I think that works if your resolution is very low. I'd already tried that, both hidden and fixed to the left. Only the scaling worked for me. My resolution was 1920*1080, which is plenty, but as the laptop screen is small I use scaling to make things bigger. I don't think the FFB client works with Windows 10 scaling in all cases.
phil78

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2021 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I know on my laptop I can use the 150% setting to actually play a game but I have to launch the client at 125% then change the setting or else the chat box at the bottom is cut off.
CL

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

my screen is rectangle. but the game window is a square, is there a way to change the game window to be the same shape as my computer screen, that way when I enlarge it, it fits without cutting off the chat bar?
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This should help you:
https://fumbbl.com/help:HowToFFBFullScreen
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2023 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If your game window is a square, are you using square mode pitch orientation by any chance? You can change that to landscape in the client's user settings menue.
Even landscape is not as wide as typical modern screens are, though. That can't be helped.

Also, moving the taskbar to the side of the screen can be helpful.
 Jump to: