63 coaches online • Server time: 21:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Forasix

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2018 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello dear hivemind,

I've been trying to open the client for a while now but can't open it on my personal laptop. Once I click the spectator link below the score I get the usual .jnlp file. Once I click to open the file however I only have the option to open it with Firefox. Since that only gives me a tab full of code I tried to reinstall my Java-client (which said everything was up to date) and started searching for an .exe file to select as a standard program to open the .jnlp file. I am however unable to find any .exe file of Java other than the Java(TM) Platform SE Binary, which isn't opening the file either.

Hence I seem to be unable to open the client. I've tried with both Firefox and Chrome but none of those seem to do the trick.

Anyone got any idea how to fix this ?

Would be appreciated, since I need my fix!

Greets,
Forasix
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2018 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

find where the .jnlp file is saved (likely your downloads folder) right click and select the 'open with' option. Browse to the java program within your program files and open with java.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, didn't read your post properly...

look in your program files for the java application, on my work machine it is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin

and its the java application with the coffee cup flame thing icon called java (not javaw or anything else)
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to open the file with javaws.exe which is located in the bin folder of your hava installation. This is refering to java8 from oracle.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

For more details look here: https://fumbbl.com/note/Christer/JavaConfig

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2021 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a report spam buttom looks like the forum is getting hit including posts by"Kevin Durant"
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2021 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Best to report forum spammers on discord in the #help channel and notify FUMBBL staff as they can delete the posts quickly that way...
https://fumbbl.com/help:IRCHelp
 Jump to: