47 coaches online • Server time: 20:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PirateRob

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Being tired of news-posts about random teams nobobdy cares about, I decided to Forum this instead of news-post it. That said, enjoy.

Bob Blifford: Here covering the Legendary American Scotts 200th game is Jim Johnson and myself, Bob Blifford.

Jim Johnson: That's right Bob, The Scotts are still here. Not only is this their 200th game it's also thier 2 year anniversary.

Bob Blifford: I had almost forgotten Jim. Lets take our hats off to a brave human team and coach for not giving up after all this time.

Jim Johnson: Lets see what the Scotts have accomplished over the years Bob, We go live to Splutticus the Sage in the hall of records.

Splutticus: Thanks guys, I'll just quickly go over some of the highlights of the American Scotts career:

Once rated at an amazing 331 by Blood Bowl Magazine.

Defeated the Midgical Mastery Tour
2-1

Defeated the Deathgerbils Revenge 2-1

At thier peak they held a fan factor of 22!

The Scotts also developed numerous linemen in FUMBBL's top 10 as well as the only Legendary Human Thrower ever* Terri

The Scotts have an impressive collection of teams they've played against, we'll start with a Racial Breakdown.

The Races break down as Follows:
33 Wood Elves
31 Skaven
26 Dark Elves
18 Chaos
17 Orc
17 humans
14 High Elves
10 Amazon
10 Undead
8 Chaos Dwarf
5 Lizardmen
4 Dwarf
3 Norse
1 Pro Elf
1 Necromantic
1 Halfling

At one point the Scotts--

Jim Johnson: Unfortunatly that's all the time we have for Splutticus at the moment, it looks like the Scotts are ready to rumble at the opening kickoff, what can you tell us about the Scotts defense today Bob?

Bob Blifford: On the line defending for the Scotts I see Morg and Thorg, Mighty Zug and a strength 6 Ogre calling himself The One.

Jim Johnson: That's quite a line there Bob.

Bob Blifford: it gets better then that, their backfield has the legendary Griff Oberwald along with Count von Drakenborg, the Cage Breaker

Bob Blifford: Also you might not have noticed yer yet with all the other star players on the field but playing cornerback is Zara the Slayer

Jim Johnson: It's suprizing the refs haven't kicked her out for cheating yet, her stakes seem proudly displayed on her hips.

Bob Blifford: That's because she's got see-through-armour and no bra Bob, I think the refs have plenty of reason to want her on the field.

Jim Johnson: That's an immense amount of Star power out there Bob. But you know what? I think it's time for a Blood.

Unfortunatly do to technical difficulties (A bunch of players getting niggled), the dream of freebooting all the human stars will have to wait until next year.(Or for the saftey of everybody involved, never) Nonetheless thank you everybody at FUMBBL for making this possible.

*Actual Match*

*There is one other Legendary Human Thrower but he plays on a pact team and has less star player points then Terri, so we're going to ignore him.
DM

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice effort and congrats.

Can't help but notice the racial breakdown and the heavy concentration of finese teams at the top of your played list though....
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite the accomplishment! *

Can't help but notice that the racial breakdown shows a heavy concentration of teams that are in the majority at high TRs. Wink

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Vote in the Hall of Fame
* My only game against the American Scotts

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A scholar and a gentleman says I!
Maybe one day I'll be man enough to coach a team half as long as you have!
Congrats AM

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dang, and here I was bragging about having a 100-game-old skaven team! Two hundred...now we have a target to reach for! Smile Kudos! My best human team only made it to the high 90's...

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

the most played with humans is 96 Smile i like the racial breakdown im gonna do that with my rottes who recently allso reached 200 matches
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I can just say: Take a look at XFL... Smile

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe I finally got the job as expert commentator !!!!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In retrospect I probably should have asked Lord_Splutticus before I included him in my match report but since he seems to have enjoyed it, there seems to be no problem Smile

With my racial breakdown I though it was more balanced then it actaully was. I hadn't realized I had played nearly as many wood elves as I had. I knew I had played vs alot of Skaven and Dark Elves. I definatly feel slightly embarassed about the number of wood elves there. There are 4 races I haven't played against at all with this team:
Goblins, Khemri, Ogre and Rotters.

The other team that I've noticed exists at high TR is Chaos Dwarves. I've definatly refused Chaos Dwarf matches much more often then I've accecpted them.

Hopefully by game 300 I can figure out how to win Smile
Games Played: 200 (57/48/95)
DM

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't want to take anything away from the effort mate. 200 games is still a hell of an achievement and you definitely should be well proud...
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My skaven are proud to be the scotts 200th game, and with our 143 we're closing in on the magical 200 ourselves..maybe when it's our turn the scotts could give us our 200th game! well done Axe, and may all your dreams come true one day!

The Beleaguered Vermin wish the Scotts all the best, and shall await a chance to widen the score by 2-0 in wins!