80 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of limiting Claw/RSC?
Team may have up to 2 Claw/RSC skills and a third skill if they have no DP
36%
 36%  [ 19 ]
There should be no limit
48%
 48%  [ 25 ]
Don't care. You decide. (vote goes to the option with most votes already)
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 52

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The results have been gathered. There will be no limit to Claw/RSC in Grudge League, at least not for now. Instead of enforcing a strict limitation we will trust the coaches are here to play ball and have nice matches instead of just trying to maul the opposing team into pieces. If some coach takes an alarming amount of Claw/RSC, the league staff will contact him and discuss it through.

Thanks to all who voted in this poll! Smile

About the DP rule (max. 1 per team):

Dirty Player skill is reduced to a maximum of one in Grudge League. This rule is enforced to avoid uber-bashy teams from being formed. What also makes this possible is the fact that DP is a General skill. Therefore all the players who get DP without doubles should have a huge variety of skills to choose from, even if they do not take DP. Most of them are worse than DP (like Tackle, Pro, Strip Ball and Sure Hands) but still usable and might help to win the match if used properly.

Into the point: (Claw/RSC)

Should there be a some kind of limitation for the amount ot Claw and RSC in Grudge League as well? I bet that players do not want to get their teams completely destroyed only because a bad match versus mutated Skavens. If a limit is enforced, the teams can still have more than one Claw/RSC. Reason: Necromantic team has 2 werewolves with Claw. Chaos and Skaven also need to have a change to have 2 Claw as well. It is also much harder to get Claw/RSC than DP because mutations only work on doubles.

Suggestion: Each team may have 2 Claw skills, two RSC skills or 1 of each. In addition to this, the team may also have a third skill (RSC or Claw) if the team does not have a Dirty Player in its roster.

Reasons:
IMO Claw and RSC are more acceptable than DP. You get spps for Claw/RSC casualties. Teams will also take ball-handling skills like Big Hand when their Claw/RSC limit becomes full. In the beginning, mutation teams may have 2 RSC/Claw skills and 1 DP (just like Necros!), but to have a third Claw/RSC they need to kick the DP. This way they can be reasonably bashy.

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %31, %2005 - %18:%May; edited 3 times in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I think this is crap. Why? Because Bashy skills do not win you games. They may maim a team, but you will more than likely lose a game. This comes from the guy who takes VLL on his beastman on doubles. Now, simply by putting limits on everything like that is rather silly. 1 DP I can understand, though I do not like that either. This does not mean I want to make a bashy team. I'm simply rather annoyed at the restrictions being there in the first place. I'd like the option to expand in any way I so please.

Z
Aconite

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a Chaos team in the league (they haven't played yet) and I planned on growing them as the fluff went. So if mutations were gained, I'd look at what that player had been doing most of and base the choice on that. I can understand the need to restrict it though as a team full of deathdealers would just not be fun to play against (in this sort of league).

Don't know as to what numbers you should limit it to though. Also putting a hard limit on numbers encourages them to be taken as the early picks, which isn't necessarily how people would have chosen to go.

(Brad Osberg)
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The results have been gathered. There will be no limit to Claw/RSC in Grudge League, at least not for now. Instead of enforcing a strict limitation we will trust the coaches are here to play ball and have nice matches instead of just trying to maul the opposing team into pieces.

Thanks to all who voted in this poll! Smile

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

better that way. and if requiered, I'll foul to death any big basher around (well except myself)
 Jump to: