32 coaches online • Server time: 10:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bazz

Post 22 Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I haven't create my team yet because I am not sure witch league to choose. Witch one do you suggest for a new player ?

Thanks
leviathan

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Open league or DivX. If you're totally new to bloodbowl maybe stick to open. If you're an experienced player you might like to trty out the DivX (Experimental teams) or Stunty leagues. I wouldn't recommend trying to join a tournament (a 'group') until you have some experience with the systems.

I also recommend you go to the IRC channel fumbbl at Alternet.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, your best bet is Open. Open was originally the only league and is still the standard. You will most likely have the best luck finding a game with an Open team. All the races from the LRB (and ONLY the races from the LRB) are allowed. This is pretty much the game as it is written in the rulebook.

DivX is all that with the addition of the Experimental rosters that GW has come up with. Check out the divisions help page for a listing of the extra rosters. This is where you get to try out the new teams that aren't in the LRB.

Stunty Leeg is a lot of fun, but probably not the place to start off. Take the official Halflings, Goblins, and Lizardmen rosters and mess with them some. Then add Goblin Cheaters, Snotlings, Nurglings, Faeries, Gnomes and Chaos Halflings into the mix. It's a pretty unique set of rules made up by the FUMBBL staff and players for a fun change from the ordinary. If you're new here, you may want to get used to the ordinary a bit, first.

Ladder is sadly tough to find a game in. The idea is that everyone makes up teams that do not progress or carry over injuries or earn money. They basically get 'reset' after each match, like a bunch of 1-off games, rather than a league. Why is this fun, you ask? Well, I personally like it because the only consideration is winning. You don't have to spread your SPPs around or think about conserving your players for the next match. No one gets niggles and you can destroy your opponent's team and not feel bad about the repercussions. Every game plays like the finals, with no holds barred, yet you can both laugh about it since they all get reset.

Tournament (or DivT) is specifically for playing in a user-created tourney. Don't make a team in this division unless you have a tournament you want to play in. Pretty straightforward. If you want to make a small league of just your friends who only play each other, for example, DivT would be the place to do so.

Basically, stick with open to start (and maybe divX if there's a particular team you want to coach or play against there) and see where you end up.

Have fun and welcome aboard.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %04, %2003 - %04:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

You may wish to make your first team unranked, if you are unfamiliar with Bloodbowl or online Bloodbowl in particular. This won't do much, except save your coach ranking from having to overcome early losses while you were still learning the ropes.
beerdrinkers

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2003 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty is a fun league!!
Bazz

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys
Ug

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2003 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladder is also a good place to start since your team gets regenerated each game so losing players doesn't matter. Also you can get refunds on players by trading them in and then buy new players to try different configurations.
The drawbacks with ladder are that you can't gain skills and that there aren't many opponents.
 Jump to: