52 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
system

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

what big guy do you prefer on a chaos team? i know everyone got ad- and disadvantages but what would you personally prefer ?

greets, sys
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre, troll is too stupid and slow, mino is to weak with armour 8 and you dont need another guu that can mutate, imo.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll, because it's nice to have an AV9 regenerator to put on the LOS. Chaos doesn't need the big guy for bashing.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on my mood, they all have their distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Of course the ogre is the best Big Guy on face value. (beaten only by the Kroxigor but yuo can't have him.)

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
Ogre, troll is too stupid and slow, mino is to weak with armour 8 and you dont need another guu that can mutate, imo.

More or less sums it up really. I prefer Ogres on any team im able to get'em on.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Eveyone's got their own favourite. Wink

Personally I like Ogres. Most reliable, and dont have to blitz to get +2 move. And AV9 is always great.
My first choice. Very Happy

Minotaurs ST6 blitzer is very dangerous, but with AV8 also a very tempting target and if they dont get off the pitch they're lying down...
Dont like to have one "blitzer". My second choice though. Very Happy

Trolls with Regenerate and AV9 is very good, but if they fail their 4+ roll they're a waste of space. (A great laugh at times though.)
Too unreliable for my liking. Unfortunally my last choice. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Some go for the dependability, some go for the glamour, I go for the indestructable line clogger...

Trolls are awesome, who cares if they never get many skills, rarely block, and sometimes get left behind on the play. They are the best at what they do, tieing up your opponents BG or a few line players. So the other guy may get off 10 blitzes a game with his mino, he probably T/O on a 1 or two of them as well

Trolls forever

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Not because I care, but just to rankle Mezir..... Wasn't there a poll about this already? Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The multi-purpose Ogre. Not as tough as a troll, but he can actually do stuff.

A mino has Str6 blitz, but a Chaos team has 10 other St4 blitzers, and if you continually blitz with your mino, you WILL cause a turnover. Plus, after Take Root, Wild Animal is the. Most. Annoying. Negatrait.
Roar indeed.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
Depends on my mood, they all have their distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Of course the ogre is the best Big Guy on face value. (beaten only by the Kroxigor but yuo can't have him.)

Beast of nurgle is by far better. Av9 + regen of the troll, plus FA and tentacles and even an occasional free player.
Pau

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We are talking about chaos here. I pick Troll. Trolls are just awesome. They are an awesome distraction, armour 9, st5 and regenerate makes them the LOS kings, even if you can take them out, they will regen that bh or si and sit on the bench ready for the next kick off Smile. I don't think I need to explain how awesome is to not need to spend your apoth on the big guy, saving it for your more reliable cwarriors and beastmen.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! I found it! here !!! I am so smart, I am so smart!! I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I feel pretty, and witty, and... I'll shut up now Wink

Last edited by Macavity on Jul 17, 2005 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha, you did the link wrong.

(missed off the first '[')

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

did not. Wink (Besides, Ren, I still don't know how to do it, I just copy/paste from your PM)

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll is the best. Cheap and resilient, you don't need him for anything else than take hits on the LoS. i usually don't field my trolls on offence, unless i really need the muscle. with Chaos i rarely do.

Jump to: