32 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
guttergod

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2003 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

How about having a page on the site with links to resources... It would be good help for those of us (or is it just me) who want to get started playing.. In the making of the site it seems that all effort has gone into making a site for experienced players. I would think that some newbie info could help make the site grow a bit more. More teams, more players, sub leagues... Woohoo! Ok? Smile

Oh, I realise there is no room for many more users on this server.. But I eagerly await the pending upgrade. Smile

Ok, so I know nothing about the game itself yet, I just downloaded the rules. I might not like it when it comes to actually playing... hehe... we'll see.

A Forum board for newbies? Could that be something? ...

Just some ideas off the top of my hat. If anything is already done I just might be blind... hehe

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well technically you need to own a copy of bloodbowl before playing so you should already know the rules. But I agree that a resource page should be setup atleast with links even if it is not hosted here. As for sub leagues I think that there is more need for a more formal tournament system, but that would be a lot of work and there is even more important things like handicapping and just keeping the site running without errors.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2003 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As for subleagues, I know there are a few. There is nothing stopping you from starting up your own. That's what I did. It's a slightly more formal league/tournament with it's own handicapping system. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=19 It is always accepting more coaches.

There have been/are several tournaments going on. Wuhan just won the DivX tournament. The GMMB (Great Middle Mountain Bowl) and ESLT (Extreme Stunty Leeg Tournament) are presently underway. All these tournaments were set up by players just like you. I believe they are working on an automated tournament format, but for now and the foreseeable future, I think that the hard work of a human being is the way to go.

As for a links page for newbies, I know that there is something in the help section, but if you think you can create something better, write it up and send it to Christer, he seems open to a little help.

This is a fantastic free site with a lot of resources, a rarity in this corporate world but for it to truly shine you need to do it yourself in true anarchist fashion.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://www.anarchistfaq.org

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2003 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The resource page is a good idea, but for now, we could just use this thread.

A great place to look for advice is right here. No, there may not be a lot of stuff listed here, but asking in chat or posting a specific question here is always a good start.

Another great place is http://talkbloodbowl.com. You could spend hours just going through the archives. The 'Newbies' and 'Tactics' sections should be particularly helpful, as you get a lot of varied opinions from a lot of great coaches.

Tom's site http://blood-bowl.net has a great Tactics Section that I found enormously helpful when I was starting out a few months back.

Jump to: