37 coaches online • Server time: 18:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How Often Do You Get A Game *aimed for Ranked Players with beginning teams*
Never
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Rare
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Often
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Most of the time
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Always
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

frs0st

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

ive some of the other posts regarding people not wanting to play lesser Ranked teams, so i would like some advice, i am new to this website, been here a few days now on and off, and i am finding it really hard to actualy get a game of anybody who i decide to play, i just wanna play and have fun, if i win thts a bonus, if i loose, well s**t happens, i sometimes find myself at my comp for almost and hour without getting one reply and one game, i then find myself giving up and just leaving and going doing something else, and if this carries on, at this rate i will never get anywhere which is upsetting, so i would like to know some advice on how to actualy play games quite regularly, i have already tried using IRC and thts just as unhelpful at getting a game as a lesser ranked team than pm every person in the Gamefinder section, so any help on how i can further my chance on getting games would help me greatly,
Cheers
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want many games in ranked, dwarves aren't the best choice. My dwarves (in divX) got only 2 matches in 12 month. Whenever I had put them on gamefinder they were shunned like sour beer.
On the other hand I cannot escape from offerings who want to play against my faction halflings even when I'm not on #FumbblFactions.

lord_real

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarfs are extremely boring to play against.
A slow cage rolling slowly towards the endzone and always the stall....

And then throw in the dwarwen coaches that just love to smash and foul your team to tiny tiny bits in the same time they stall...

7 of 10 of the most uninterested games I have played on fumbbl have been against dwarfs. The other 3 of 10 have been against khemri.

But dwarf arent broken, they are just boring....
Ironik

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hands if you play Wood elves every chaos Choas Dwarf and Dwarf player in the range of a kilometer from your ST/TR will ask you for a game. At that point you ask them to play with the dwarves and see them recoiling back.
it is more funnier if done with Kehmri.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, don't pick a Chaos Dwarf team either, because then when you challenge every team withint 40TS they will say 'nope'. Apart from the time I got turned down by three Khemri teams in a row, then was challenged by a suicidal Amazon coach.

EDIT: IRC is a MUCH better way to get games than by PM-ing. Most people don't respond to PMs, they do to chat requests. Go in Chat, BBLFG your teams, and you will get a response.

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %30, %2005 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Fama

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Err... You have an ogre team and a dwarf team and complain you can't get games? Sheesh. Start a wood elf team or something.
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would really suggest keeping on using gamefinder.

I always find that there are games galore available in Ranked, it could be partly your team choices (although at low TR that shouldn't make much difference) and it could be partly the time of day you are online. Try having a look round on a Friday, Sunday or Monday evening around 9pm UK, the list's normally as long as your arm.

Oh, and I just had a look at your Ogres. GET SOME FAN FACTOR! Wink Starting teams are going to look at that roster, think 4 Ogres so I'll probably have player injury, 1 fan factor so I'm getting no money to replace my player... time to play someone else...
LindsayD

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Best way to get a game is to have a coach ranking as low as mine (140) and to play humans with a win percentage of 17%. Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Beeing or IRC and ask there is a MUST DO to get games.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, make an elven team, use IRC, and use gamefinder. Offers will come rolling in.
Habeli

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

start low av team, they always get games, and avoid too bashy skill like, multiple DP and/or RSC/claw
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

patience is a virtue, and it always depends on the timezone andhow many ppl are looking for a game...

saturday evening is always a great time for picking up games...

use mirc, and respond to others using bblfg (as ur new: bblfg= blood bowl, looking for a game) ppl looking for a game aren't extremely picky...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2005 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always hop into #fumbbl_academy, and play against other coaches that are new to FUMBBL, or play vs some of the very best coaches to practice. You will need an Unranked team for this purpose though.