40 coaches online • Server time: 11:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's not the strategy board game of the same that I'm recruiting for, it's the new league/cup competition named Axis & Allies which pits the three experimental undead teams against the three allied teams. Details of the competition are on the Axis & Allies group page.

For those who want a quick summary, here it is: each season comprises of a 10-game round robin tournament between 24 teams in 4 divisions, which qualifies EVERY TEAM for one of three eight-team end-of season knock-out tourneys. The three finals will be the best of the allied versus the best of the undead. Each team will play a maximum of 13 games per season.

Every effort will be made to give coaches some rewards for perseverance no matter how badly they start, because every team gets to play in a knock-out tourney, and teams will always be seeded to play against teams with similar TRs. Also, later in the life of the competition when some teams inevitably fall behind after several hard seasons, I plan on running a pre-season cup for the weakest teams, to get their TR back up.

To apply, create a rookie Tournament team with a race of Khemri, Necromantic, Vampire, Lustrian, Old World or Chaos Pact. Four teams from each race will be allowed in. Preference will be given to those coaches who have played a lot of championship games in the last month, to ensure that the competition has committed coaches.
Barash

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2003 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

rooky teams only ? bummer.. my axis and Allies team already has played some games: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=22584

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The first of the league divisions is now up and running - the Death League I. Currently the Khemri and Necromantic team slots are all filled, with two Lustrian spots available and three for the other races. Get in quick!
 Jump to: