36 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
asperon

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Before anybody points this out, I know that the main focus for fumbbl is the ranked division, but I know that there are many besides me that think that the tournaments are the only way to play Bloodbowl as it was intended. Therefore I have a couple of suggestions on how to make the tournament part of the site even more useful.

1. Add support to control all the JBB settings from the tournament page. Ie, you want to run a tournament that uses the old Wild Animal rules, just click a box, no AV roll on a failed GFI, click another box.

2. Add options for what to do with the uploaded results. Treat all injuries as BH? No progression? Change the SPP awarded for different things? Etc, etc.

With just these two, quite easy addons, we could see a bunch of new and interesting tournaments take place.

Ideas? C&C?

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibility to reward tournament wins with something more creative than "only" group points.

Extra MVP, FF +1, extra money or something. Anything would be a start.

Similarly, some tournies might wish to use creative punishments...

Then there are these miscellaneous concepts, such as giving three handicaps at random to both teams before the match begins or "no fumble from range"-option for a certain tournament in a long-lasting league.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, I think this should be moved to the section called "FUMBBL ideas & bug reports" (Bugzilla is for JavaBB only-improvements)

Jump to: