18 coaches online • Server time: 02:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rakalph_Templeflayer

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Who else would be interested in a
REST IN PIECES leage.

We've all had teams we love go on a losing streak, as the fan factor starts to dwindle, the team starts getting less cash, and eventually has to be retired.

What I'm thinking about is a league, where all teams start with a TR of 3 or less. No team can be retired from the league the only way out is either when you get a TR up to 7 and your team has been re-born. Or your team rating slumps to zero and the team is officially killed/retired for being rubbish (or unlucky in my respect). Fist team to reach TR 7 would be the official champions of the league.

Having not yet been in a fumbbl tournament or league Im not 100% on setting it up but will have a go at it if we can get some more interested players.

Anyone else interested in the idea?
Is their already a league along the same lines?
Let me know what you think.

Rakalph
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you mean FF instead of TR... There can't be a team with TR of 3 or less. Except if there are no players in it Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rakalph_Templeflayer wrote:
REST IN PIECES leage.

We've all had teams we love go on a losing streak, as the fan factor starts to dwindle, the team starts getting less cash, and eventually has to be retired.

What I'm thinking about is a league, where all teams start with a TR of 3 or less. No team can be retired from the league the only way out is either when you get a TR up to 7 and your team has been re-born. Or your team rating slumps to zero and the team is officially killed/retired for being rubbish (or unlucky in my respect). Fist team to reach TR 7 would be the official champions of the league.

Having not yet been in a fumbbl tournament or league Im not 100% on setting it up but will have a go at it if we can get some more interested players.

Rakalph

instead of baseing it on Team rating or fan factor, base it on number players, if they have max of 10 men on field they can take part in RIP league, untill they have enough cash to 'regrenrate' there team for full squad
G_Force

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Torellion_Hawkwind wrote:
REST IN PIECES leage.

Rakalph

instead of baseing it on Team rating or fan factor, base it on number players, if they have max of 10 men on field they can take part in RIP league, untill they have enough cash to 'regrenrate' there team for full squad

Not quite sure about that one Hawkwind, that would force my 5 flings to play your 10 orcs which just ins't right. (this is an example, i don't have a 5 flings team and didn't check what hawkwing has either)
I also suspect the <3 FF would be hard to get going as many would retire a team long before it gets that disasterous.

Rakalph_Templeflayer

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I did mean FF of 3.

I agree many coaches would retire a team before it got down to FF3. But think off the league as an opportunity for these misfortunate teams to be re-born. Soon the fans would flock to the winning side and they would be ready to take their place against the usual ranked teams again.

Was only an idea, I have a team with a FF3 that I refuse to retire, they still might grow into a FF10 team but will take some serious work!
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure that it´s possible to reach a FF of 0???? I thought 1 was the lowest score.

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

...the usual ranked teams again.

Unfortunately, only admins can have ranked tournaments.

Greenfort wrote:
I thought 1 was the lowest score.

That's true.

----------------------

There are 2 tournaments similar to what you want to do.

Last Man Standing

All Or Nothing