17 coaches online • Server time: 03:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Direwolf

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes, a coach grows weary of his team. Sometimes a row of losed games make him hate his team.

Some coaches retire their hated teams.

Some others challenge a killer team (i.e. Chaos with claws) and hope that their players are all RIPped.

Some other still, challenge a killer team, and start doing idiotic things to expedite the process..

Now, why I'm not so sure that this last behaviour is (strictly according to the rules) legal?

Confused
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If suicide is illegal, then this must be too.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. suicide is illegal but people keep not being punished by the law if they commit suicide.
dozer

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

send them to jail!!!

it will make prison a horrid place to be if you get to share a room with a "topper" also they would not cost to much to keep in jail........

think we are onto somthing Very Happy
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with playing a team to destruction rather than retiring it - as long as both coaches have fun Smile

Personally i wouldn't want to play a team like that as i'd have more fun playing a competitive game with a team i enjoyed playing and wanted to develop. The potential downside is that the non-deathwish team gets an artificial boost by getting easy TD and CAS...

BFN

Paul
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Direwolf wrote:
Sometimes, a coach grows weary of his team. Sometimes a row of losed games make him hate his team.

Some coaches retire their hated teams.

Some others challenge a killer team (i.e. Chaos with claws) and hope that their players are all RIPped.

Some other still, challenge a killer team, and start doing idiotic things to expedite the process..

Now, why I'm not so sure that this last behaviour is (strictly according to the rules) legal?

Confused

Should I ever grow tired with my Hellfishes, I'd play Aequitas, Gerbil and Buskopanz and I would die trying my best to kick their fat chaotic asses.
I like to die in a Blaze of Glory.

I assume intentional suicide matchups are not against the rules (of course), but evident intentional suicide playstyle may well be. In this case you report the match, and it's up to the admins to decide (looking at the replay) if the ingame behaviour may lead to some sanctions for one of the coaches.

I think this is the way it works.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

On a different note, i could see a coach getting a certain amount of fun from retiring a player every match because they mucked things up - kind of an inverse MVP - 'you failed that vital GFI - you're sacked!'

basically adding to the roleplaying aspect of the game, which some people enjoy more than others.

BFN

Paul
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

On a different note, i could see a coach getting a certain amount of fun from retiring a player every match because they mucked things up - kind of an inverse MVP - 'you failed that vital GFI - you're sacked!'

basically adding to the roleplaying aspect of the game, which some people enjoy more than others.

BFN

Paul
odi

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Retiring players who fail a GFI into the end zone, sounds like a great idea, I have to try that with one of my teams. Though after a few games they won't have any players left Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules if you did not know, works.

"Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events."
Direwolf

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
but evident intentional suicide playstyle may well be. In this case you report the match, and it's up to the admins to decide (looking at the replay) if the ingame behaviour may lead to some sanctions for one of the coaches.

I think this is the way it works.

@peikko, that's the problem. If the other guy blatantly suicides himself but the thing was not arranged because it was an unilateral idea of him.

And if the coaches do not allow each other to score but simply one forgets about the ball and does his best to get trashed.

What to do then?

I agree with JanMattys
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that a concious effort at losing the game is against at least the spirit of the rules, if not exactly the letter.

The problem here is you can't exactly punish this. Punishment such as forced retirement of the team is not exactly going to be a deterrent Razz

I think if you play a low AV team vs a string of killer teams the death is automatic, so making an effort to get murdered is not needed.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
I'd say that a concious effort at losing the game is against at least the spirit of the rules, if not exactly the letter.

If the opponent is very blatant maybe this could LOOK also against the letter of the rules. Like say, he forgetting about the ball and putting itself base-to base with your strongest players. Or doing two dices opponent chooses blocks. Or passing the football to one of YOUR players. Or sending his cheerleaders to sleep with you..

..ehm, bar that last one. Anyway, it would have made sense only if opponent had a human, elf, amazon or norse team.

Laughing
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Direwolf wrote:
Or sending his cheerleaders to sleep with you..

..ehm, bar that last one. Anyway, it would have made sense only if opponent had a human, elf, amazon or norse team.

My Chaos dwarf cheerleaders resent that Evil or Very Mad ! In fact at the Bubble tabletop turney they got quite a few indecent offers from opposing coaches.

And took them all, the sluts.........

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
Retiring players who fail a GFI into the end zone, sounds like a great idea, I have to try that with one of my teams. Though after a few games they won't have any players left Smile

That's the spirit! Smile
 Jump to: