57 coaches online • Server time: 16:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slackman

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

im waiting on artagas to play his round 1 match before we play ours. he's said his opponent isnt responding to pms.

slackman42
Artagas

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2003 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

he has responded since...i was just being little impatient on him...sorry:) we will get first round down during the weekend or sooner.
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2003 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Down Hill Dwarfs vs Chaotic Mad Dawgs 2-1

But just like game 1 of the 1st league: the Chaotic Mad Dawgs killed an other player.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=91476

This game was extreamly close. in turn 8 of the 2nd half the ag 3 horse could have scored the 2-2, but catching a ball with hoves is hard.. even with a team RR available.

The Chaotic Mad Dawgs were just like in game 1 very lucky on all AV and injury rolls, . Without using Mighty blow or Piling on the Down Hill Dwarfs were kicked of the field like skaven. (1 BH, 2 SI, 1 Kill) Luckily the apoth saved Herar Deephill (St4 runner) from a -1 ST. Plenty of cash to replace the death blitzer Huraro Spiritsmiter, but without skills this is again a mayor blow to our team.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

:gophur looks at the dust collecting on his team:

hrmph! Mr. commish, is there any way we can remedy the hold in league play. as the first game was played on June 9th and there are still teams that havent played their first game. i would like to see atleast one game every 2 weeks from league play Sad .
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I completely agree. Unfortunately our sponsor and Big Goomba TamperMagnitude hasn´t seen the holy light of Fumbbl for 15 days 15 hours and 15 minutes (no joke)...

He is the evil whos holding up the league, the ill root to be killed... lol. Well not like this, but league play should be regular and if someone has some contact to TamperM it would nice to ask him whether he will play again on fumbbl.

Can´t find my norse anyway they have departed to colder lands with me staying at 35°C. Damn hot.

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2003 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said before. I'd like this league to work out, but apperently it's not working. Sad
Maybe we can get this league restarted with the teams from this league (and new teams from motivated coaches) who can commit themselves to one game per two weeks or something like that?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what I can do, honestly. It's Tamper's league, if it was anyone else I would have tried to replace them.

I would like it to work out. I haven't been in #fumbbl for quite some time, as well, but I do check the site everyday. So if you guys need to contact me, a PM is the best way to do it. (say, for example, you need to catch me for a game.)

I think it is mostly slow for the summer. Most people are going on vacations, spending time with thier kids, going outdoors, and what not. I can only hope that things start to pick up again this fall. Especcially after the NFL starts, and renewed interest in playing occurs. Or the weather just gets freezing cold, and everyone is huddling next to thier computer for warmth.
Barash

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2003 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not your fault Asperon, you are one of the few who is trying to keep it running.

I guess this fall we need to restructure the whole league a 2nd time. undoubtfully coaches will no longer be online anymore.
I'll remain in the league till that moment and see if I'd like to continue in this league. Looking for an other league in the meanwhile.

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2003 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

well, im still waiting on artegas for our match, but on the plus side, i got my cable modem installed today! now wheres that link to zonealarm...

slackman42
gophur

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2003 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:

I guess this fall we need to restructure the whole league a 2nd time.
I'll remain in the league till that moment and see if I'd like to continue in this league.

i agree I will stay in incase some games get completed and we can ocntinue...or replace the slackers as i would really like to actually play some games with my team Razz
dorf

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So...is this a dead horse, or what?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2003 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Today I looked up the last appearance of our commish TamperMagnitude... away for over 3 weeks... I will keep my team as I don´t need the tournament slot atm, but I guess it´s acceptable if anybody needs it he should drop out. I won´t have any bad feelings.

*sigh*
I am not the commish but with no games played for, let´s say, 1 1/2 months, I guess this league is d.e.a.d. (definetly ended and dead).

Wastelands is dead, long live Wastelands

Has been fun as we played but I really don´t know when I last played my Storm Clouds...

Cya all, maybe in another long term league Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2003 - 06:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we do have the distinction of being one of the first leagues, and the first Set schedule Global fumbbl leagues. If anyone wants to make a sister league to wastelands, and adopt all our teams, we can certainly retry.

Regrettably I have no time to even attempt to commish a third go around.

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: