31 coaches online • Server time: 12:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Psilocybe

Post 9 Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i ahve been playing like 5-6 matches now with my ogre team and i am always unlucky ( and i mean REALLY unlucky... ) what can i do to change my luck just a bit for my poor ogre team ???

just a litlle taste on my bad luck.

( made 3 bad bonehead rolls and 4 skull rolls in a row on. )
( made 12 skull rolls in a row )
(have only complettet 1 pass out of 16 )
( have only made 2 throw player moves out of 21 )

so as you can see i need ALOT of luck...

plz help me out... Crying or Very sad

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm...play elves, they only fail with 1.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You have picked a hard team to coach. with few rerolls it is best not to try to many risky moves. You shouldn't be passing the ball, unless it is at the end of a half and for the spp. Try to block with 3 dice whenever possible, you will normally need only 2 assists to do this. If an ogre is in an important place, it could be wise not to touch him, so he can't lose his tz's with a bonehead.

Other than that, you will have to suck up the bad luck like the rest of us, and smile when the good luck comes your way.
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

New Ogre teams are always going to suffer from bad luck.

They get one rr and have 5 2+ bonehead rolls per turn, no block (and only have access on doubles) and slow movement. And even if you keep TTM simple, it's still 3+/4+.

The best advice is to play another team (personally, I find Dark Elves are the easiest team to coach) first, Ogres are an unforgiving bunch of guys to coach.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I only play againts ogres. It's so much fun.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

hi, your luck will come and go, i'm trying with an ogre team and suffered my first death today (by a foul grr) and i couldnt damage any of his team no matter what, they all went bonehead at the wrong moment, all kinds of problems! but the game before that i couldnt put a foot wrong i beat the crap out of my opp's team and actually WON! not through good coaching i might add (i'm a bit crap) but through some good luck and lots of negative 2 dice blocks against me hehe, what i'm saying is just keep trying, nuffle will throw you a bone now and again you just have to suck it up and keep smileing Very Happy
thesquig

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Play more games and luck evens itself out. Having an unlucky run of 4 games certainly isnt unusual...there are alot of people who think they are always unlucky, these guys are usually just crap...

... like me Wink

Psilocybe

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ok so far i have heard alot about ogres are hard to coach and i must admit they are quite the challenge for a noob like myself, but they are really funne once you get the hang of the game, and ( read the rulebook again and again and again... ) after my last game i have putten a litlle trust in the team... ( i have lost 2 and played 2 draw matches... )
now i have 3 players announced mvp ( one of them twice Razz and he didnt even enter the game at all, just had "Greatest" handicap on him... Very Happy )
and have gotten some skills for some of the goblins...
so i think im on the right track to glory with them now ( at least for the distance they will go Wink )

So guys...

Thx alot for the comments on what to do it made my trust a litlle bigger in the game ( and ref´s Razz )

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
 Jump to: