48 coaches online • Server time: 15:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
I hope to have something to say about Group 2!

Gotta admit I'm the underdog of the group, but I'm used to that role. The higher they are the further they fall. Well, that's another phrase butchered. Wink

Seriously though, if I can get past Schalburg and his Mjoelnir's Friends (which is not an impossible task) without SI or deaths (well, that's tougher) then it could well be a damaged Tuff Guyz who have a tough first game. If I get to a 2nd match, that's success in my book, so I won't humiliate myself further by speculating any more.

I wont make any predictions since im still a part of this cup, but i must admit i look foward to my first match. I won't underestimate Chaisaw's orcs speaking from earlier experience though. I do however look much foward to our match. It's been awhile since i have been so thrilled with excitement just from the mere thought of playing!!!!! Very Happy
djbigjake

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

High TR Group 1: I'll go with Green Terrors, because I can.

High TR Group 2: Altdorf's Juveniles for the same reasons listed by Synn.

High TR Group 3: Fun With Goats is a scary, scary team.

High CR Group 1: Buffy Episodes is pretty impressive. They move on.

High CR Group 2: EiM in a tough bracket.

High CR Group 3: Knucklebreakers in a nasty fighting division.

Long Lived Group 1: Doomy Diggers take this bracket, but I could be horribly wrong here.

Long Lived Group 2: Startrek.nl can beat anyone anywhere at any time. They take this bracket, though admittedly their love of E.L.F. games makes them possibly weaker than most going into this.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No swift appilcant's here? What, are you a bigotrist?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

As startrek.nl lost in the first round, care to revise your statement?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
I hate this team: "Fun with Goats".

This team only destroy opponents ...

Well.. there are worse chaosteams BY FAR.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
Quote:

I hate this team: "Fun with Goats".

This team only destroy opponents ...

Ohh my, i played that team TWICE with some small sweet girls and i managed to survive both times - Synns chaos is frightening, but they aren the worst bashers around, though they are well skilled overall... i put my 5$ on them

Well.. there are worse chaosteams BY FAR.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there are worse chaos teams BY FAR, but how many of them are entered in this tourney? THIS is the chaos team I'm afraid of atm...

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Maybe there are worse chaos teams BY FAR, but how many of them are entered in this tourney? THIS is the chaos team I'm afraid of atm...

You should be afraid of ME, not some pansy Chaos!
Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
As startrek.nl lost in the first round, care to revise your statement?

Oh, is that how predictions work? When I'm wrong I get to change them?

I made my predictions, and I was wrong. Guess I have a bright future as a weatherman.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

High CR group 1 The winner of the game between buffy episodes (orc team with 3 st increases) and Agile cats for a change (Dark elf team with 3 st increases) will play a saviours of lorien that cna only field 10 players in the second game wich means they'll probably win that game aswell. teh upper half of the tree is somewhat closer but im going to go with Kupparna there mainly because they alöready won their first game Smile
In the end it doesnt matter becasue either Buffy Episodes or Agile cats will win this and why not hand my vote to Buffy episodes, since i think i'll be voting mainly for elftemas later on.

High CR group 2 Ulthuan Nobles are looking really solid and their first opponent only has one tackle. The rats in the second game shouldn't be impossible to beat. In the finals they'll probably meet Excessiveness is Mediocrity who has a rather unexperienced skaven team in their first game. In their second game they will play the winner of a chaos vs orc game that the orcs will win since they can afford a wizard. The orcs will however have taken some damage during their first game and adding to that the fact that CircularLogic of Excessiveness is Mediocrity is one of the better coaches out there i think he'll win through. Excessiveness's momentum will probably carry them through the finals as well.. but anything can happen.

High CR group 3 Im going to go with the humans of Peeps N Folks. good coach solid team some spare cash to get a couple of wizards, frst game is probably the most difficult and if they loose there i think their opponent the drakelfs Sithspit Legends will tkae the title instead. The elf teams on the lower half of their trees are both very solid and i think that they have good chances of winning their first games but not qithout taking quite a beating.

Will continue this once i get the time to do so.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any team here able to hold down the Blood Falcons from winning all of this?

I'm just curious how many more "serious" team there will be showing up for the instant tourneys....
maybe I should have sent a team into the Bi weekly after all, looks like they will be played before IT starts.

Emphasy

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think in the FC that The Blood Falcons will get fouled heavily and therefor wont be able to get in strongest lineup after 1 or 2 games.... no booting is spared in tourneys for what ive seen... Sorry malthor, but i think peeps gonna be evil with your team...:/
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A combination of excellent double-skull blocking and my forgetfulness cost me with a 2-1 loss to the dwarves. Good game Schalburg. Would have been interesting to see what happened if I'd used the wizard in turn 1 of the first half.

Jump to: