65 coaches online • Server time: 18:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post 4 Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi BB mates,

We all have fun playing bloodbowl with most of our games.
I guess we all have played games you fail so many dice you feel terrible about it. Maybe you can help other players feel better by sharing your worst experiances.

The idea of the threat is that if you feel bad about your game, share it over here. (yes Mezir I expect you to post here as well, please not all your games though Smile )

If you ever feel bad just look at the game replay's who can be found in this treat. Hopefully you will see that games can always be worse......

One bad game where the dice was really giving me no chance at all, although I'm sure there are worse games:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=110040

To all unlucky coaches: better luck next time!

Cheers all,

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

You call a 2:3 bad luck when you was able to get some SPP? I think only 5SPP games are really bad luck. Wink Well, except of the dying like a fly games. But you had only 2 MNG. Wink Must be rather skill then bad luck. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
(yes Mezir I expect you to post here as well, please not all your games though Smile )

ROFL

I'll just say how my Championship hopes for this month were almost crushed when my dwarfs took a Pitch Invasion against on a crucial defensive drive. And in each half my two-turn touchdown to clinch victory was denied to me on the last two rolls (once by a snake eyes gfi, no less!).

I drew that match but it will remain with me as a match the dice ruled, with me taking far too many casualties. I will say nothing about two long-passes thrown to a Blitzer by my Runner, with no passing or catching skills whatsoever. *cough* Heh.

Match Report
tarzom

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think my last game qualifies in this category.

After a second turn touchdown, things went rapidly downhill.
At one point my luck-o-meter was barely touching 21%.
Suffice to say the final score was 5-1 and the team on its first outing has since retired.
Match report http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=108952
Sinner

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

worst start of a game i ever had was trying to dodge with an ag5 lineelf to push one out and failing this action two turns in a row! in plain words:
(1) Trenchanti is knocked over trying to dodge!
teamreroll used
(1) Trenchanti is knocked over trying to dodge!
Dark turn ended!

the same the next turn. Ok, you might say never dodge on the first move, but hey! it is quite likely to succeed. And you surely donĀ“t suppose it to fail two turns in a row!

Very Happy
Still I managed a win Wink

Cheers

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
You call a 2:3 bad luck when you was able to get some SPP? I think only 5SPP games are really bad luck. Wink Well, except of the dying like a fly games. But you had only 2 MNG. Wink Must be rather skill then bad luck. Smile

Lol, Chickenbrain, I should have expected a remark like that from you. Smile If you read the game report you noticed that I praised myself lucky with the injuries.

Do you have a better worse game with replay possibility? I'd like to see your worst game.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well,

Here is a game where both teams were down on their luck:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=104784

It was just a total mess.

Cheers,

Yavanaril.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Barash wrote:
Lol, Chickenbrain, I should have expected a remark like that from you. Smile If you read the game report you noticed that I praised myself lucky with the injuries.

Do you have a better worse game with replay possibility? I'd like to see your worst game.

Might be...

Dying like flies

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

he, I got another one Very Happy

received 8 casualties... 7 of them in the first half.
Bloodshed

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:

Might be...

Dying like flies

bah.. goblins.. what do you expect? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Just played this one:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=110300

A totally unable thrower, a devastating pitch invasion, a death on a failed dodge - my Norse didn't look at all well in this one...
slackman

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ive found that i dont actually have terrible dice all that often. but what does happen, in each and every game, my opponent never fails. i roll 4 2d blocks and get pushbacks as the best roll each time. my opponent rolls 4 2d blocks and 3 1d blocks, and gets clean pows on them all. my av9 takes kos and cas like smoke breaks, and the only injuries i can inflict are stuns from pushing off the pitch against av8 or less. i have too many games to post, and even if i did, a great majority of them have been played before the advent of java replays. so you couldnt watch them even if you wanted to.

slackman42
Bassie

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2003 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What about this 7-1 beauty?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=84659

It should have been 8-0 but I was "lucky"
Harkonis

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I've only played about 6 games, but I've had one zero spp game (my mvp was killed) and another game where near the end of the 4th turn my luck counter was reading 0% Sad

Always seems worse against Dwarves
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2003 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a beautiful 0-8 game early in my WE team's carereer. With a lovely death just for added measure. I did manage some spps becuase I gave up trying to score in the second half and just passed the ball around some to get some spps.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=89455
 Jump to: