17 coaches online • Server time: 05:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Goonmeister

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

when i was thinking when PMG went through to the warpstone open.... 'Oh not another wood elf team...' i got thinking which teams do i love to see go out? which teams do i wanna see win? Well for starters as a spectator allways loves the underdog and backs them and cheers them on it good to base this list on the more the team is around and the more times they win, the less i like them so here goes...

Worst
Orcs
Wood Elves

Mainly due to them being used widely and being the only race's to win a major in the last year. They are also efficient teams and with efficiency comes boredem.

Disliked
High Elf
Dark Elf
Dwarves
Chaos Dwarves

These teams once again due to popularity and efficiency however they havent won a major in the last year so id prefere one of these to the big 2.

Indifference
Humans
Lizardmen
Norse
Elf
Rotters
Undead
Chaos

These teams not as widely used not as efficient which can lead to amusing turnovers and high casaulties and extremes of luck. However not as well loved as the next few teams

Favourite
Necromantic
Amazons
Skaven
Khemri

Teams with a reliance on a few players and loose them to a foul early on makes for funny teams teams i love to watch. A khemri team without Mummies? Amazons without there blitzers? these all lead to amusing occurences however these arent the best teams to watch

Fan Favourite
Ogres
Vampires
Goblins
Halfings

Guarenteed a high casaulty figure and with there main players being some of the most unreliable in the game, everyone loves to watch a game with these teams. If they go right they go right. If it goes wrong well, you could end up with no players left on the pitch! Vampires eating thralls trolls eating goblins and bonehead wrecking havoc in a ogre team they just make me laugh as a well laid out play can be ruined by just one roll of a 1.

So there we have it whats ur favourite teams to watch??
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans, Dwarves, Khemri

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

On top of my list?

Lizardmen and humans.

They're the two teams that best deserve the term 'hybrid' teams, and hybrid teams can dance on both ends of the rope which really opens up for a wide variety tactics, which can lead to the most interesting matches around in my oppinion. They're not exceptional ball handlers or dodgers but can do both, and their bashing skills are good but not extraordinary. They require the most thought when it comes to placement compared to many of the other races who can often rely on their crazy agility or overall good str. and AV (lizards have lots of str. but skinks make them more than vulnerable especially considering the lack of LoS fodder).

Like:

Vampires, Rotters and Khemri.

All play in very different ways and have great potential but also possess glaring weaknesses.

Vampires - OFAB rolls and the averageness of thralls. However - Vampires are some of the single most incredible players in the game able to do amazing things and Hypno gaze opens up incredible oppertunities.

Rotters - lack of apoth can REALLY hurt and make you a prime DP foul candidate and makes you vulnerable in general and makes it necessary to play it very safe from time to time. They do have some really interesting positionals - while Rotters are not as versatile as CW they are very good defensive walls. Beast of Nurgle is a super troll on steroids.

Khemri - Slow, low agility and each time a mummy gets off the field it's like losing a quarter of your team. Bashtastic team to say the least - they do however take some very careful positioning if fasing an opponent with an ounce of real skill. And elves with leap and strip ball are just a pain. Not to mention that no other team is as vulnerable to Wizards.

Don't like watching Orcs or any of the elven teams due to overuse and the fact that Woodies and elves usually either run circles around the opponent or get smashed into oblivion. In general also just some of the best teams to face all opponents with (Pro Elves being a possible exception in tournaments due to their linemen being so squishy).

Most of the other teams vary in interest for me - zons usually not being a kind sight to my eyes. Halfling and goblin teams are usually not really that interesting because sooner or later they'll have a match where there'll only be 3-4 players standing at the end of the game. If any at all...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a saying in boxing - 'styles make fights', I think it's probably the same when I'm speccing a game in a major between two great teams. It's nice to see something out of the ordinary in the later rounds, like the Lizzies and Khemri that went far in the FUMBBL cup, as there are only so many games of Elfball or Orc V Dorf you can watch. Also, clashes of styles are often fun to watch, the multi-claw/rsc Chaos fighting to reduce the Elven numbers before they score too many for the Chaos to win the game, etc.

Basically, any team can be a good team to spectate, but the match they find themselves in is as important as the team. Orc V Orc? Probably boring unless they are great coaches. Orc V Pro Elf - more interesting.

The teams that the other guys above have mentioned are always a lot of fun to watch. For example, you never know what you are going to expect going into a Vampire game. 16 turns of OFAB or st 4 ag 4 winning the day are just as likely.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkies haven't won a major last year?!?! /me pokes the Goon with the Ulthuan Invitational.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Darkies haven't won a major last year?!?! /me pokes the Goon with the Ulthuan Invitational.

Goon you may want to get that checked out, no telling where PeteW has been.

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe you can get a cream for it. Smile
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Human or Lizardman team would be nice to see win a majors.

I'm not good enough with either to make it happen Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah pete maybe but u decided to not use them as seeds so they dont count so nah! besides dark elves are boring to watch
Meech

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man I got Ulthuan all over me. Now I feel like prancing about and throwing the ball. EWWW

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say my games. Too bad I can't spec em.

I have played 3 WO matches - 28 cas.

And any match with multiple dirty players, that are used, is fun. And the more different neat skills the more interesting to watch; foul appearance, pass block, diving tackle, hail mary pass, piling on, multiple block. Not just all +st, block, guard, tackle etc...

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2007 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit Zerk - your last game was very fun to watch.
 Jump to: