85 coaches online • Server time: 22:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2003 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

A guy over the weekend sent me a few emails about his computer locking up after scoring a touchdown in a network game. He was running WinXP on a relatively fast computer. I don't think that had much to do with the problem though. First he totally reinstalled the OS and that didn't help. Then he changed out his network card and his problem was solved. Will this solve all the problems? I don't know. But if you are having this problem and have another network card lying around, try swapping them out and see if that helps. At the very least try downloading the latest drivers for your net card and see if that helps. For reference the card that was having problems was a
"Netgear FA311 fast ethernet adapter"
and the card that solved the problems was a
"3Com EtherLink III ISAPNP Ethernet Adapter (Generic 3C509b)".

I can't remember who mentioned they had three computers and only one of them was having this problem since I couldn't find the old message thread. It you have the time it would be nice if you could swap net cards from one of the working computers and one of the non-working computers to see if the problem follows the net card from the non-working computer.
 Jump to: