47 coaches online • Server time: 20:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Krulemuck

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm i didn't look at the awards as lifetime accomplishments, more like a race, who gets which award first.
Seems like a missperception on my part, sorry.

As far as team transfers go: why not let everybody re-arange their teams now that the divisions and number of teams allowed have changed. Unless theres somekind of abuse possible that i am not aware of, i think that would be best wouldn't it?
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Plorg.

Personally, I would like to see CR reset (although having a terrible CR myself, due to being a terrible coach, I admit to a certain bias here). Also, as Jan has said in the past, among good players CR fluctuates quite wildly anyway. I can't see it being too much of a hassle for the true best to rise to the top again, as the only difference would be that now there wouldn't be anywhere near as many casual players to feed off. I would probably leave one team in Ranked, and keep the others in Unranked, as I prefer the casual play.

However, as Plorg also said, people with awards worked a long time for them. I remember getting my streak award, and trying for quite a while to get it, and being extremely happy when I finally managed that illusive 5th game. Also, those coaches who have gone to the trouble of getting their awards for playing the hard teams, like vamps, gobbos and flings would have to regain them. The only awards I see as 'competitive' awards rather than markers are the streak awards and possibly the foul awards Wink (Don't shoot me, I only foul in competitive games!)

I also think though that if all teams were forced into U, and coaches could move them back as they chose, then there would be a lot more U games. The problem lies in the fact that the hardcore players like R. Hence, they would move them back. The casual players look for places where they can reliably get casual games. This is basically currently R. If ALL the casual players suddenly had all their accounts moved to U, then I think if they saw a lot of teams on gamefinder, hardly any of them would move them back.

Also, if anyone ever needed one, it means that fouling in Ranked is even more unwhinable about Wink.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Krule ... awards pretty much are that. It takes _years_ to get to the higher levels, and only if you play loads, too.

For the rest - just read what's written here, in the [u] forum and in the comments on the news post ... and wait for Christer's next decision.

As I wrote in the [u] forum ... that one can't move teams from [r] to [u] right now might be a bug. Give this time.

-Mnemon
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
As I wrote in the [u] forum ... that one can't move teams from [r] to [u] right now might be a bug. Give this time.

-Mnemon

It's not a Bug, Christer did it intentionally to prevent a reactionary exodus due to the turn limit.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record, I agree with Plorg too.

My previous post and his previous post do not conflict.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

CR reset: the right thing to do after such a change as it is to come.

Switching all teams to U with the chance to switch them back to R before their first match: the right thing to do in order to give U a good start.

Deleting Awards: absolutely not neccessary.

Adding Awards for U: would be great. You get R Awards and U Awards. Doubles the number of Awards. More awards, more fun. Wink

Stormbringer

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In my oppinion many players play for different reasons. Some want to create uber-teams, some play for cr, some for the awards, some to get a single player a statistical milestone, some want to win tournaments in a competitive environment. Some play just for fun. For most it seems to be a combination of those.

Many people play ranked just because of limited time and widest choice of opponent and no real schedule. (At least thats the main reason for me to play in ranked and why i stopped playing faction.)

I think most people play in ranked because they have the easiest way to find games in time and they have the most incentives and achievments to (officially) compare their coaching/teambuilding skill, teams to others (Awards, CR, Major Tournaments).

I think it would help a lot to make other divisions more used if there were such incentives, like a teamrating in U (new) or counting those achievments in U for overall achievments (awards) of a coach. Another possibility would be to make the monthly championship happen in U instead of R. Competitivness always helps to gain interest. Thats why U(old)/L was used for winning tourneys. Now with all that possible in R (smacks, RRR) there is no need to go anywhere else as there are not many others who want to play just for nothing else but fun. Fun is important for all but not enough.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats 13 teams so far, Hobo says he'd like to get 3 viable 8 team leagues (for the 1st or 2nd season). That means at least 3 ( by my reckoning to give us the option of a divison 2) to get this ball rolling... Get recruiting people! Smile
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A reset of cr would mean little. Cr settles around a given number anyways on a while. You cant ride on old achievments very long as your cr would drop like a stone if you started loosing against low cr coached on a regular basis.
amstar34

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Kemimutt. The CR system is designed to help people find competitive games. It will always adjust according to the games played. There is no need to reset it--it will rebalance itself in time. If it were reset, we would have loads of uncompetitive games at false CR's near 150 until the system rebalanced itself. Why force that uncompetitive scenario, when current CR's are based on (at least some,if not all) competitive games.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the turn time limit? Is it here to stay? Is everyone happy?

I have seen a decresing amount of games being played here actually. Is that good?
Is the new turn time limit to blame? I don't know but I'd like to think so.
I haven't played games since it was released and I know plenty more...

Is this good? I can accept and I encourage the 4 min rule in tournaments but what
I really want is an "emergeny" button for that odd phone call, toilet visit, baby cry etc.

Any news on that? Christer has been very silent on this matter for a time now.
When will he decide if the 4 min rule is permanent or not? I guess it's here to stay.

Any other thoughts?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's here to stay.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't heard of a match where the emergency button would have been needed yet so far.

Frankie

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The whole issue has been a bit overreacted, isn't it?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 13:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly becuase peoplke, like me, that feel we may need it, just dont play at those times.

Its certainly decreased my playing time, but that isnt neccessarily a bad thing.

I guess we await news.

Jump to: