29 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HasniM

Post 6 Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I mostly play casual games with friends I know. And to be honest, we never really talked much about the time limit. However, if I'm in a tough position and am taking real long, or when my opponent does the same thing, things pick up quickly when that whistle blows. It reminds us that we're wasting somebody else's time.

Perhaps we need can avoid issues by moving the 'whistle' up to the 3 minute mark instead of the 4 minute mark. Regardless of whether or not the client stops you at 4, it would be nice to get a warning. And for the people that don't like whistles, or turn off their volume, or whatever, perhaps Skijunkie could be talked into adding a 'Ref with a yellow card' to pop up at the 3 minute mark, and change it to red at the 4 minute mark. (And a double whistle for non-time locked games.)

Also, for what it's worth, I'm also supportive of the 'My son just set the Christmas tree on fire, but I don't want to forfit' panic (er time out) button.

Just some ideas to think about.
Baron_Samdi

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I was recently affected by the turn limit. I had an emergency with my baby that needed taking care of. I feel that the clause that you must be able to dedicate 90 minutes to a game covers this. There was a risk, I took, I got burned. No biggie. It's a game, real life comes first, and I really don't care the outcome of the game because all I care about is my baby girl was ok.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Reventlov wrote:
What about the turn time limit? Is it here to stay? Is everyone happy?

I have seen a decresing amount of games being played here actually. Is that good?....(snip)

The statistics tell a different story - games played looks pretty much stable to me.

M

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My 2 cents on the subject: Having now been 2+ weeks since the inception of the turnlimit, I've had a couple games of ranked/factions games. Now, firstly I rarely if ever play Ranked now. Simply because the only time I can dedicate to a ranked game is during the night 11 pm - 2 am I simply cannot be bothered as ranked doesn't do it for me. On the other hand Factions is the best since sliced bread, though the turn limit has deterred me from playing this full out aswell. I could play matches before during day time no sweat, nut now it makes it so much more arduous if you have to reload a game or whatever because of a simple time-delay, which happens rarely, but happens nonetheless. On the upside I've started playing a load of League matches and met a lot of friends there so I'm not really bothered about ranked games. Though it's a shame factions is affected aswell.

Alf115

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Possibly becuase peoplke, like me, that feel we may need it, just dont play at those times.

Its certainly decreased my playing time, but that isnt neccessarily a bad thing.

I feel exactly the same, and that might not even be a bad thing, I agree.
 Jump to: