70 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hax

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

after one of my leagues will be cancelled im thinking about running a real nice and hopefully big one.
before starting with that im interested how much people are interested in that and what u think about the structure:

-there will be at least 2 divsions
- Division 1 should be 8 teams
-semifinals played between nr. 1-3 of division 1 and the 1st of division 2
-last both of division 1 go down to division 2, first both of division 2 will go up to division 1
-maybe i will fusionate this idead with the BLUTBALLS CUP to a BLUTBALLAS League....

-i hope this league will run many season with a nice hall of fame..

so long my idea,
please post some comments and suggestions

EDIT: u only allowed to start with a rookie Tourneyteam in this League, every rookie team can start in the lowest division at later seasons
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Round Robin format or open?

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I love leagues but so far I haven't found a league with active coaches and without problems of all kinds. Here are some things I'd like to see.
-Get active coaches (don't know how that is done though):
-Have clear rules about when and who to play and have a catch up time like the fumbbl cups.
-Maybe restrict certain skills/traits to prevent bashing teams to completely ruin every team they are up against.
-Make it more interesting with things like statistics and Hall of Fame. Maybe awards at the end of each season.

Finally, how do I join? =)
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hax wrote:
...please post some comments and suggestions...

I suggest that you find a decent name for your league, "BLUTBALLAS" sounds really retarded, at least to German ears... Wink
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

humm high elves strike again

XXXtreme ball with added XX
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds interesting but yes come up with a catchy name its all about selling your product

Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i think a real issue with getting the games played is a timezone issue

Hax

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ill try to answer some questions:

1) i think what ill play is called round robin: u play everyone at ur division, after that there will be a small knockout tourney with the qualified teams

2) there wont be any restriction about skills u can choose, but i think i will restrict the teams just to all teams allowed in open division

3) the active coachs thing really might be a problem, but im sure those coaches posting in this thread and suggesting things could be active enough. also there are more very active coaches i know and i will invite them

4) i wont restrict this for special time zones, i guess it sohuld be possible to play every match in one week, aftert that period there is definetly a RANDOM CONCEDE. if there aint PMs from those coaches who missed there games they will be disbanded.

5)

Quote:
"BLUTBALLAS" sounds really retarded

thats why i love this name... Razz
(and i also have german ears Wink )

6)
i really like to make a good price, but i fear im not able to offer money...
but there will be a hall of fame after seson I for winners and 2nd team. also i would like to make a best scorer/blocker/passer hall of fame for every season, but that could be a bit difficult after the 1st season ended
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Hax - can i bring me DE team over from Blood & Mayhem. They only played 1 game and got 5 whopping SPPs.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

im sorry,
but new league will mean new teams...
patton_71

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hey hax.... count me in.

let me know if there is a particular (non-stunty) team you would like me to play. I'll play just about anything.

Thanks,
Patton_71
Hax

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

there is no limitation of races,
everybody may play every race he or she wants..
neophyte

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

sure why not Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Running some leagues and tournaments I have found it extremely disturbing that after you have made clear that some league is long and you need coaches that cal cope with that theres always plenty of coaches who get hit in the beginning and a) stop even trying to play on time limits b) quit playing at all. I dont have any undestranding for players who get 1-2 players killed/seriously injured and start whining that 20 round league is over from them and they quit. This will ruin alot matches in long run from those coaches willing to play in league/tournament. Currently I have decided that I will never again run any longer run bigger leagues where will be coaches that I dont already know personally. Also I will nopt allow anymore certain players to join any of tournaments run by me.
Hax

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2003 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

every coach doing that in this league wont be able to play there anymore !
my goal is to have at least one very stable division (the 1st). i guess if u got there from the 2nd division u will think twice to drop out of the league...
it may be, that in the lowest division some guys drop out, but i like to run a tourney open for every coach (until he has dropped out of this league in the middle of the season one time !).
this might be the best way
 Jump to: