20 coaches online • Server time: 09:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2003 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Calling all genuinely interested coaches to play in the Wannabe Superstars tournament. All information regarding the tournament can be found on the group page with the link below

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=368

Anyone with any queries or questions about anything to do with the tournament can either post here, find me in chat or alternatively PM me.

Anyway I hope you all join and that we are able to get enough interest to run a decent tournament.

Dr_Drake
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2003 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Only a few more teams needed before we get started up, so if your interested get in quick before all the spot are filled.
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2003 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we have the necessary twelve coaches now, sorry to those that missed out, I will keep your teams in mind for future events or if someone decides to pull out. For those of you that did make it, the draw is up and you can get things underway. Note that the scoring is not automatic and I will have to update it myself.

Anyway, have FUN!

Dr_Drake
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament seems to have stalled at the moment with the disappearance of Alibaba. Given this unfortunate occurence I have been forced to try and come up with a suitable way to handle forfeits. So far I have come up with the following ideas.

1) Given that Alibaba team hasn't played a game against anyone yet, could just forfeit all his games and then everyone has a bye.
2) In the event of a forfeit, the team that made a genuine attempt to organise the game, and has contacted me to let me know whats happening, is given the win (which doesn't count for any points), and receives points based on the average points achieved by the winners in that round. The team who was away and unable to play receives no points, if they haven't made me aware of their situation.
3) Similar to above, except instead of the average of the winners, the team receives points based on the average of all its games for the tournament. I would prefer not to use this one but if thats what people want I am willing to do it.
4) And the final way would be to have a set amount of points that is awarded to the team that made the effort

If people could let me know what they reckon about the merits of each idea, I will make a decision based on that.

The other possibility is that is just not possible to find a time convenient for both coaches, if this situation arises, it will be looked at then.

One final thing that I thought might be interesting is to keep track of the best individual player for the tournament, so at the end of each round I will make up a ladder on the tournament page to show how everyone is going.

Hope everyone is having fun.

Dr_Drake
veron

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

From the given options, I'd have to go with the choice number 4. I think set amount of points is better and fairer than some calculated average point total, which could be a bit too randomish in certain situations.

At the same time I have to point out that my opponent in the second round, Don_Geilo, hasn't been online for 13 days now.
KidCrestHill

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2003 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like idea #1 just forfeit all of Alibaba games and let's move on with this tournament.
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2003 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I will make a final decision tomorrow and then hopefully things can get going
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2003 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone could take his place couldnt they playing from where he is now? Or are you too far through?

applied with my dwarves in case thats the "choice" taken. Like the idea of the league as well.
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I know Clementus, I don't think that is possible since we have already started. If you know how it can be done I would be happy to slot someone in.

I have decided to go with option number 4 from now on, ended up choosing this purely because we my have similar issues in the future. I have decided that the set amount of points that the team who made the effort will receive is 10, chose this cause its about the average amount of points the winners seem to be achieving thus far. In the case where its just not possible for the teams to organise a time to play, both teams will be awarded with 6 points, assuming of course that a decent amount of effort has been made. If no effort is made by either team no points will be awarded. Hopefully everyone is happy with this decision and things can progress. If anyone has any problems feel free to express your issues here, PM me or get in contact with me in chat.

Dr_Drake
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason the tournament has hit the wall. Not sure why games aren't being played, have people lost interest. Anyway can those who haven't played their game post here as to their intentions or PM me. That way I can make a decision as to the future of the tournament. Also, thanks to those that have made the effort. Thanks guys.
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm a tournament/league where coaches have stopped playing. That's new one!!

Drake - welcome to the life of a commissioner, where leagues have the life span of a ...... well... some animal with a really short life span.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Fruit Fly.

{ edit: A&B wins. Much better answer. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on Oct 10, 2003 - 22:06; edited 1 time in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2003 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Pimple-free teenager!
Dr_Drake

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2003 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well much to my disappointment I have killed off this tournament. Too many players weren't playing their games so its not really worth the effort to get it going again. I would like to thank those that did make the effort though, but I guess that there just wasn't enough people who were geniunely interested. Thanks again to those who tried to organise their games, I think next time I will have to be a little more careful about who I choose to let join the tournament.

If there enough people out there who are genuinely interested in giving it another go, post here and I might start up a smaller tourny for those that are interested.

Thanks guys

Drake
 Jump to: