34 coaches online • Server time: 02:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2003 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Come join the Reebork Challenge

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=369

This is a multi-season league that will accept up to 32 rookie division T teams to start. Only Official LRB teams will be accepted and no games may be played outside the league.

The league schedule will be set up as two separate tournaments - sort of world cup style.

In the first tournament, we will set up several 4 team divisions and teams will play a round robin 3 game schedule within their division with 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss. Once the first tournament is complete, we’ll have a single elimination-based tournament, which will include the division winners, and any number of other 2nd place teams that would even out the pool. Tie breakers will be based on number of TD's, then number of casualties, and finally on Fan Factor.

At the end of the 2nd tournament, we will re-fill any empty positions and re-set the divisions.

We are looking to maintain a fair representation of all of the LRB races and preference will be given based on rounding out the mix.
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2003 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind, each year's Challenge Champions will be outfitted with a full compliment of the latest and greatest Reebork athletic wear. *

* Reebork cannot guarantee that the athletic wear provided will fit halflings, gobbos, Black Orc Blockers or Big Guys.
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2003 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay. Interest has been a little lighter than we expected. Do people just not like the format? Any feedback would be appreciated....
Hax

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2003 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe therere already a lot of tourneys running..
iasoncook

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I joined the league, and I hope more folks do to. This is the first league I've joined on FUMBBL, so I psyched to start playing. How long will we wait until the league starts? When we have a full tourney of 32, or at certain date, or what?

Maybe if you could post this league on the FUMBBL front page in the news section, we'd have a up-tick in recruiting teams?
Covertfun

Post 14 Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I also am very keen to join in... a team starting from rookie status in a league is just what I'd love - if we start in a few weeks or less, that's ideal!

I will pop over and view the group, and make a new team in a few days!

keep it up, orgak. Wink
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback. We've got 8 teams and are hoping for up to 8 more at this point - We'll keep the league open through Sunday 9/21 and then start the league on Monday. We have two Skaven and Lizardmen teams already but would accept any other official teams (max two of each type).
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested how often will we be expected to play though Smile Thinking of playing Orcs if thats ok
Kilyaaan

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

"...we’ll have a single elimination-based tournament, which will include the division winners, and any number of other 2nd place teams that would even out the pool...."

What will the rest of the teams be doing meanwhile, will there be training matches to even out the numbers of matches played?
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular: Games will be every week to ten days.

Kiyaaan: Sure. The teams that don't make the elimination round can play exhibition games but only as many as they would have played having made the tournament. When the 2nd season starts, we'll group the teams based on TR to keep things even.
iasoncook

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

orgak - When you said "... The teams that don't make the elimination round can play exhibition games but only as many as they would have played having made the tournament.", does it mean (for instance):

Lets assume that we get 16 teams in the league. All 16 teams play 3 games each in the first round of the tourney (round robin). Just say we have a 8 teams that make it into 2nd round (elimination). That would mean there were 3 rounds. The teams that would play in the final would have 6 games under their belt. So if I don't make the cut for the second round, that means I can play up to three "exhibition" games to bring me up to 6 games played (keeping me even with the other teams)? If I do make the 2nd round but get knocked out in the first game, then I can play 2 "exhibition" game (and so on)... Must these "exhibition" games be played vs. other Reebork Challenge teams, or can we play these game outside of the league?

Sorry if I sound dense, but I want to make sure I got it straight...

Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I've signed up... looks like I'm the 2nd wood elf team in...
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

iasoncook wrote:
So if I don't make the cut for the second round, that means I can play up to three "exhibition" games to bring me up to 6 games played (keeping me even with the other teams)? If I do make the 2nd round but get knocked out in the first game, then I can play 2 "exhibition" game (and so on)... Must these "exhibition" games be played vs. other Reebork Challenge teams, or can we play these game outside of the league?

Exactly. We'll allow make up games outside the league since it may be tough to schedule them evenly within the league.
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

We've got 14 teams and we'd like to get up 2 more to make it an even 16 by tomorrow. Preferably we'd like teams from North America so that we can have 2 European based divisions and 2 American based divisions. We also have duplicates of Orcs, Lizardmen, Skaven and Wood Elf so we'd like to avoid taking on a third team made up of one of those races. All other official (those available in the open divisions) races are available.
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I set up the first three divisional tournaments tonight so owners can get started with their games. We still need one more player in time zones GMT -4:00, through -7:00 and I'll set up the 4th division once we have that player. That leaves Broggi, Tolsk and me waiting for the fourth player. I have two applicants from Europe and if I get two more in the next day or so, I'll add a 5th division with those entries.

So check out your divisions and let the games begin!
 Jump to: