13 coaches online • Server time: 02:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is closed to new players until the start of next season. We now have 5 divisions and 20 total teams. Divisional play has commenced and players are welcome to start scheduling their games.

Good Luck!
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i am in time zone -6
have you filled that yet?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

i am in time zone -6
have you filled that yet?

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noticed that the two first rounds is the same in every group. Are we supposed to meet every team twice?
Even if so, one should meet all teams in the group once before playing the second with any of them to make it fair.

I suppose it's just an error in the schedule
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

skirbo wrote:
Just noticed that the two first rounds is the same in every group. Are we supposed to meet every team twice?
Even if so, one should meet all teams in the group once before playing the second with any of them to make it fair.

I suppose it's just an error in the schedule

It must have either been a temporar issue or something that you are seeing on your system Skirbo. When I look at the schedule, I see alternating matchups.

Anyone else seeing this problem?
orgak

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ChangoLoco,

Unfortunately, We filled the final slots on Monday. Check back with us in a few months for season two. I'm sure we'll have some slots available.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks ok to me. One match against each team in the div.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Game Report

Department of Anarchy vs Bandidos Del Queso (DoA wins 2 -1)

An interesting game, the ball changed hands many times. BDQ scored first off a DoA turn-over. Score was tied at the half 1 - 1. Both teams had unexpected turn-overs, the worst being a failed GFI in the End-zone by DoA (they scored next turn though), and a GFI that resulted in a dead linerat! (Ouch, that hurts, especially since BDQ only made 30K). BDQ had a chance to tie it in their final turn, but a failed hand-off ended that plan...
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Game Report

'Ardidas 'Angers 2 vs Nice 'N' Fluffy

Sadly a not so interesting a game. The norse were quickly crippled by a highly bashy Orc team. Once the Orc's had reduced the Norse team to six players by half time they thought they could just saunter in a couple more TD's. However the plucky Norse continued to harass the Orc's and some amazing blitz actions slowed their advance, leaving the orcs a modest 2-0 victory. At the final whistle only two players were left ON the pitch and with the team only able to field ~5 players in their next game I see a difficult time ahead for the Norse. Thanks Freefragger for not running off in disgust at this game Smile a worthy victi....erm, I mean, opponent.
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2003 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Game Report:

Sadist Sisters 2 vs 420 Crew 0

The Amazonian Sadist Sisters lived up to their name in managing to knock out several of the 420 Crew Norsemen during the course of the game. The Crew launched a quick offensive and managed to close in on the endzone early in the first half. Luck was against them, however and they turned the ball over near the sideline. For a few turns, the teams battled for possesion, with Valeria, the Sister's thrower missing pass attempts due to the bright sunlight. Finally, discouraged by the lack of passing game, the Sadist coach instructed Valeria to just run the ball in herself.

In the the second half, the Sister's practiced ball control and managed to knock out all but 4 of the 420 Crew players (due to a lot of luck on the Sister's side). Valeria, then slid into the endzone for a turn 8 score.

It was a well coached game and but for a few rolls against the 420 Crew, it would have been much closer.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2003 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you need any more teams at all please contact me. Thanks.

Flings Rule!
orgak

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, it appears that the challenge has its first retired team. After going 0-2 in Division V play, the Champions of Zharr have chosen to throw in the towel.

Keep in mind that even if you lose a few games and don't qualify for round two, you can build your team up during the "off season" outside the league and get a fresh start in season two. So it really isn't as bad as you think. If you hate your team, then you can scrap that team end of season and use a new one instead.The only caveat to this is that the new team will have to be approved and that we'll still be trying to maintain a balance of different races. But this does mean that if you have an open team with 6 or less games, you could transfer them over to div T and play with them here.
iasoncook

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2003 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Banditos Del Queso 0 - 2 Beardy Boulders

A good match but the Banditos never had a chance, having been decimated by injuries during it's first 2 games. The reduced roster meant that Rat Ogre free safety Colby Jack needed to play forward. I appears that the Boulders smeared themselves with cheese prior to the game, as Colby J went wild many times during the match. While this resulted in him scoring 3 Cas's, it also cost the Banditos many opportunities (and ultimately the game)...

With that win the Boulders look like they will advance into the 2nd round, and we here at SkavenCenter are good sports and wish the them the best. Do Division III proud boys!
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there people. Is everyone dead?!? or are you all just scared of having to play my team if you win your division? no-one has played a game in over a week......and it all started soo well. Only a couple more games to go and then we can all start playing again...please please please try and finish some games people.
iasoncook

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2003 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I played my three games, though I am not going to the 2nd round. While it was tempting to drop out of the league, as I was demolished injury-wise after the 2nd game. However, I felt that I'd have to play the last game in the round, for the sake of the Reebork Challenge. (sounds cheesy, but that's just how I am).

Also, I gotta send props to FreeFragger, for playing out the remainder of his game sin Div I, despite the stunning number of injuries in the 1st game.
 Jump to: