15 coaches online • Server time: 03:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How about some kinda of pop up small box which tells you what the roll would be to dodge to tht square because its starting to bug me! lol same could apply to picking up ball and catchs and throws etc. What do you think?
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be way too intrusive. at most a small indicator on a status bar would be fine. The feature i want to see is to be able to undo a move that has not caused any rolls. ie if you accidently click the wrong direction you can press backspace to undo it.
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Spike, the most important part of the game is working out how risky each action is before you undertake it.....you should be working that out yourself not relying on the client to work i out for you Smile
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use your eyes.
Too much blinkink light about every possible thing that can go wrong makes the playing
way too automatic. Next thing is that ppl start to want somekindof A.I. that suggest
the easiest possible way to score Wink
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What the idea is simple to save having to work it out each time to make play alot quicker, it would make it faster. Having something to tell you best way to score is lame, but simply for dodgeing isnt, we have the indicator for blocking why not dodging??
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The indicator for blocking shows us the number of dice we will roll, but not our chances of success. An indicator for dodging passing etc etc would show our chance of success with each action, which personally I feel would be wrong.
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's arithmetic.

You CANNOT need the computer to count the TZs on your target square. Surely.
SpIkEdDeAmOn

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

lol i dont NEED it i just think that it would speed up the game procces, the block indicator does show chance of success, because if you get 2red blocks your not very likly to succed however 2blue blocks is a differnt matter. I just think it would be easier and quicker with that put in, its not like its going to win anybody games but it will make games go alot faster! Remmber the 2minute turn rule?
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

its a 4 minuite rule i thought

"Best Bar in This Street"
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea 4 minute, but even if it was only 2 minutes, I still would have no problems finishing a turn in time. The game runs fast enough, and anyone who plays enough will realize that an Ogre in 3 tackle zones is less likely to catch the ball as opposed to an elf in 1 tackle zone.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2003 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It's dead easy to work out at a glance... don't even think about maths!
If you're Ag4 dodging is easy unless you're going in to tz's:
1tz = ok
2tz = bad - leap instead Cool
3tz = only if you're desperate
4tz = don't bother

If you're elvish, remember the curse of the dbl1's is sure to get you tripped Confused
2tz = only if you're desparate
3tz = don't bother

Of course, if you're stunty then that lot doesn't apply, but you'll probably trip up anyway for being so damn cocky dodging into 7 tz's. Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2003 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

read the rules hehe all i can say,why u think ther is a rulebook available
ShadowTroll

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2003 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly!!!
AlphaX

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of an indicator for dodge. not that I would use it -
I would also like to see an indicator for passing & catching/landing.
I don't know that many people who just "know" what the roll is for a LP with a 2 AG.

what would be better than indicator for dodge is an indication that you have to dodge to make the move. Sometimes the ghosted icons of stunties are fairly hard to see. if the square color was red or something that would be nice.
AlphaX

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2003 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of an indicator for dodge. not that I would use it -
I would also like to see an indicator for passing & catching/landing.
I don't know that many people who just "know" what the roll is for a LP with a 2 AG.

what would be better than indicator for dodge is an indication that you have to dodge to make the move. Sometimes the ghosted icons of stunties are fairly hard to see. if the square color was red or something that would be nice.
 Jump to: