46 coaches online • Server time: 20:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a WIL coach, but I've had a bit of exposure to the way things work in the SWL these days.

The way we've dealt with the expansion issue is to make conferences the main area of the tournament. The leagues has been a 1-3-3 makeup for a while now, and we are currently considering expanding to 4 conference setup i.e. 1-4-2. The comcept is that premier is meant to be something special, where you see the best of the best fighting it out for the title. Yes that makes it nigh impossible to take part in for some coaches / races, but that's how we decided we wanted it to be. It was also felt that the TR150 limit is really too low for a long-term team, but anything higher would be deadly to rookie teams.

I can also see the merits of sticking with a 1/2/4 structure. The main ones I see from an admin point of view is that you end up with a waiting list, meaning that you have no trouble replacing slack coaches (makes it good for the reliable coaches which are the core of the league imho), and it would also make it a little easier when balancing out the conferences. From a coach point of view, it's easier to get into the premier division from the conferences, but it's probably pretty hard to stay in the conferences (either that, or hard to get into them), which hurts if you have a low TR limit on the regional divs.

pac

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the SWL view, Laviak. My first instinct, as always, is to copy you guys!

Next season will be either 1-2-3 or 1-2-4 depending on how many new recruits we get, but I think that we may well add a third Conference in Season 7.

As for right now, the cup is the question. Having considered the posts here, I've reduced it to two format options:

A) Randomly drawn mini-leagues of three teams as suggested by Purplegoo. Each plays the two others. Top team from each group goes into the Cup, second into the Plate, third into the Vase. Byes in the KO phase will be random.

B) There will be a straight KO Cup and Plate only. Premier and Conference teams (pre-relegation/promotion from season 5) will go into the Cup. Regional teams may choose whether to enter the Cup or the Plate. First round losers in the Cup go into the Plate. (By entering the Cup, Regional teams increase their chances of running into a very high TR team, but also give themselves the chance to play more matches.) Byes in the Cup KO phase first round will be given to the highest TR teams (Warning: this will take a while to sort out).

In either case, all coaches will have the option not to participate at all, in which case they can just play one friendly. All teams which exit the Cup/Plate/(Vase) before the semi-finals may also play one friendly.

So - please vote A or B for your preferred format for the Cup!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Waheey ill get to play the cup this time, participation FTW

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A.
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A as well.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote Lib Dem

or possibly A

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The cup competition will be Macubus's last hurrah (TR trimmage will be essential on the way doooooooown Razz) - special kudos to anyone that manages to RIP him in the KO stages of whatever pot we end up in! Laughing

Edit: Assuming he lasts the rest of the season and doesn't niggle out of all the games, that is! Smile
Xenon

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking as a low TR coach that's played most of his games against oppos 50Str better, option B. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

PandaPower

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A I suppose
Britnoth

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

B, lets keep it straight knockout like its supposed to be eh :/
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A - seems worth trying something different.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A. New funny thingys ftw!

Post   Posted: May 22, 2007 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote A - The reason they use this format in Rugby 7's is so that everyone get's more than 1 game...
 Jump to: