33 coaches online • Server time: 09:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with Sir Goo. My woodies have won a couple of games in their first season with stars and wizzies, but I've still been left playing with 4 or 5 loners every match. While this gets me wins (and an unlike promotion in season 1), I'd prefer to have a team comprised of more than just 2 WDs, 2 stars, a wizzie, and a pile of "who cares if they die" j-men.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the lower tier really needs either some caps or some other form of handicapping relegated teams. I appreciate the effort last season to produce an alternative, but my bloated team didn't even require cutting and gave buckets of inducements to all teams.

If TV/TW caps are not in favour, perhaps a ruling that lower tier teams may not start the season with any players over 50spp ?

For the record, I'd probably be in favour of caps around ~1600/None/None.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. are you just concerned about relegated teams or are teams that grow in a division but still can't win a problem too?

Perhaps the caps (or other penalty) should be tied to Relegation not the division? (just putting it out there. I suspect this isn't really about relegation)

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we can reasonable safely conclude that the problem is only in the Regional divisions. The Conferences and the Premier should be an all-inclusive brawl. If you've made it there, then there's no need for protection. And someone should not be punished for ending 6th in the Premier and relegating to the Conferences either.

So, as I see it, the best way to go is to only put caps in the Regionals... I'm not sure about the exact cap I would put there, but I just don't see a need for Conference caps, that is one thing I know for sure!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
And someone should not be punished for ending 6th in the Premier and relegating to the Conferences either.

Why not? Relegation is supposed to be a painful experience.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If I had a pound for every time a Regional coach pleaded not to be promoted because his team couldn't cope from my time in charge I'd have.... What, £17?

It's the same issue, especially in times of big coach turnover. I admit, it presents less often.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we want an FA Cup this year?

It would start in the New Year, and all league teams would be randomly drawn in one big fat KO competition. The first round losers would then be redrawn into the Plate competition. There would be weekly deadlines, with indiscriminate forfeiting otherwise it all drags on too long.

Thoughts first please, then when I call, we will vote. Do not vote yet. We may need something like a 75% vote for it to happen.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

All for it!
(not at all swayed by the fact my team ended last season at 1240TV)

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not much care for cups, personally. I say no. Not just because my team will be heading into the Premiership, and I have no interest of messing up my team in the cup... But also because I simply prefer regular seasonal play.
phil78

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many teams these days, even with a plate it'll drag on ages
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2012 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldnt mind playing the cup, but would prefer to just play the next season.
Azure

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2012 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like tournaments. Certain teams do better in tournaments (with OT) - so it is nice to have the different format and give different teams a chance to shine briefly.
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

A Cup works for me, but worry it will drag out. So if we could make it to a 5 day rounds and no extentions thing, it would be great.
Prez

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Lean towards what others have voiced that a Cup will drag on for a time, but happy if the majority want a cup round

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2012 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite keen on the cup but agree with maybe five day rounds!
 Jump to: