54 coaches online • Server time: 23:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: May 14, 2007 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all!
My team, the Heavy Metal Chaos (
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=132801) , needed a new face, as the wondered in F1... So here they are:

What dou you think?

Dan
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are another two Beastmans:

Dan
Cinabre

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Very, very, very nice minis. Smile

Paintjob is great, color scheme too, I'd like to have such a nice team. Smile

Life is a tale told by an idiot -- full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
William Shakespeare, Macbeth
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the color scheme is really gayish. Your painting iskills are great, but your tastes ermmm, less :p

Post   Posted: May 15, 2007 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
the color scheme is really gayish. Your painting iskills are great, but your tastes ermmm, less :p

Blasfem!!!! You are denying some Chaos Gods Colors and Designs???? I supose Slaanesh wont be happy with you..... (Pray 20 times every hour every day to Slaanesh to regret to the "good" Path.....)
Razz

Thanks Mates

I will try to update my team with the picks, as soon all of them are done... Very Happy

Dan
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: May 25, 2007 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, here it is.... its painted, and even with dipping, i spend far too much time with it....

Here is Before....
And after.....

Even so, dipping is very nice, but i like to paint, and as i said before, i spended to much time painting here and there. Here is the result with his little "child".

I uses some "green stuff", but need to learn more of how to use it... the result could have been 100% better.

Time to paint the rest....

Coments, please???

Dan
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: May 25, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Here they are: The team ready for the tourney of tomorrow... Here is the Heavy Metal Chaos

Watching the pics.... I forgot about the horns of the mino... here he is...Better?

There still some minis to paint, (will post them aswell) but these are the one that Im Taking to the Nostrum Bowl (Small Tourney in south Spain)

Dan
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 26, 2007 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet... The colour scheme seems apt for slaaneshi rockers, but where is Killswitch? Very Happy
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2007 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

They are back for some more action!

shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2007 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i love the coloring and painting...

but i can't help but be concerned about a 'Heavy metal" team that flaunts pastels Wink

--j

ImageImage
Pirog

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2007 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they are just true to themselves. It's not like anyone actually believes that people who listen to heavy metal are cool, no matter how they dress.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2007 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Really nice team. Very nice paining and conversions and I think you chose exactly the right colours for the job.

Could you explain what you mean by "dipping" please? The mino looked ordinary (ignoring the conversion) before the dipping but pretty immense just afterwards (and after you'd painted over some dipped bits etc). This sounds like the kind of tip I could use. Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2007 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Really nice team. Very nice paining and conversions and I think you chose exactly the right colours for the job.

Could you explain what you mean by "dipping" please? The mino looked ordinary (ignoring the conversion) before the dipping but pretty immense just afterwards (and after you'd painted over some dipped bits etc). This sounds like the kind of tip I could use. Very Happy

Ok, dipping is a Technique that make your minis looks with shadows... You only need to dip you mini (but dont eat it afterwards!!!!) in brown varnish and thats it!
Anyway... check out this web... :
http://www.dysartes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2056&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks for the "cheers!" but personally they are a bit daltonic and think they are wearing other colours (like Chaos All Stars!)

Dan
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That is fantastic just read the dipping article. I believe Rackham also makes a dip range i know of one supplier www.arcaneminiatures.co.uk

i might well give this a go and get back to you all Smile
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with dipping in brown varnish is that the whole mini looks kind of dirty afterwards and all shadows have the same color. Never do this if you had any parts painted white or light blue...

Founder of FLOP.
 Jump to: