37 coaches online • Server time: 19:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lindwurmschlaefer

Post 5 Posted: May 21, 2007 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the general behavior about skills at choosing and using them?

probably there are many problems that can't solved at fumbbl by the help of our admins (right now).

For example:
a chaos beastman can choose at a normal roll any mutations.
until now, "disturbing presence" does not work at all and "foul appearance" includes both skills.
should he only take it on a double?

or

the skill "grab" could be displayed by a small chat between the coaches. the grabbed players coach places him in the square choosen by the grabber coach. this is not really grab, but close to it.

I speak of guidelines for general behaviour in and outside of games in this experimental league.(sorry if i haven't found them yet)
Stuff like - try to get it as close as possible to LRB5 as possible, use the chat to round out skills , or make additionally rolls in the irc to do that (egs jump up).

Last edited by lindwurmschlaefer on May 21, 2007 - 15:10; edited 1 time in total
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 21, 2007 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Lrb 4.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2007 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

this topic probably shouldn't be listed as a "bug", but yeah, there are a few skills that could be handled by cooperation between coaches. Fend is another one that could easily be handled. Not sure whether it's worth trying to stay as close as possible to the ruleset - we're probably better off reporting skills that don't work correctly as bugs in my opinion, but then, it's also quite possible that my opinion is crap Smile

PS: spelledaren - i suggest you look at which forum this thread is in Wink

lindwurmschlaefer

Post   Posted: May 21, 2007 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

the example fend - that's what i mean.

someone (official) should make a list with all skills and appropriate behavior in the special situation.

i don't know how far this experimental phase and this bug searching can be implemented in the (hopefully) future java-LRB5-client - but i would suggest to stay as close to the LRB5 as possible - cause we aren't only testing the bugs, but also the rules in some way.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2007 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Historically FUMBBL has said that the client is the client and that's the game you are playing - so problems with the implementation were not handled with "manual workarounds".

With some skills, like fend you could agree on useage - but what if someone forgets and follows up anyway? What about frenzied players who the client will force to follow up... The same with stand firm - you won't fall over even if you should.

So I think we just have to hope that someone is willing to put the large amount of time, effort & energy into overhauling the client.

Jump to: