52 coaches online • Server time: 18:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
I use:
Internet Explorer 7/8
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Fire Fox 3
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Google Chrome
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
Everything else (Safari/Opera etc.)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Google Chrome

Anyone using Google Chrome yet? Whats your experience with FUMBBL.com with GC?
At the moment it seems very very very fast... I have IE8, FF3 and GC all with Fumbbl homepage open and Chrome is kicking the arse over the other 2 for speed.
I dropped past the CSS ZEN Garden and IE8 is still lagging behind in .css standards compared to FF3 and GC - they seem to display Zen Garden identically, while IE8 is still murdering properly built .css pages.
So far the only advantage i can see over FF3 would be the speed at which pages open - Facebook, Youtube and other content heavy pages are loading in less than a second, ad there is no stagger when im watching Youtube clips in one tab and flicking around the Fumbbl forums in another tab like i get with both IE8 and FF3.

So far, i would rank each as follows
1. GC
2. FF3
10. IE8

I'm only putting GC on top at the moment for the speed advantage because it seems to be identical to FF in most cases anyway.
Opening pages under Chrome is so fast at the moment so i've switched for now. But its early days heh.
Anyone else using Chrome yet?

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Zen Garden
The Retro Theatre theme is the one is used to test the 3 browsers.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Being slightly addicted to GreaseMonkey scripts complicates this temptation.
Meech

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2008 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I uninstalled Chrome because it kept freezing on me at work and closing oracle apps.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2008 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I use Chrome, but then i needed the java plug in to access the chat by java applet...installed it...and then the BB client got unstable very very slow...
So i had to go back to the restore point, and stopped using Chrome for BB purposes...

But i do like Chrome specially because it is very fast

NP

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2008 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I need to trial the Linux version (via Wine) released by Codeweavers:

http://www.codeweavers.com/services/ports/chromium/

Edit: Text rendering is pretty ugly. Plugin support is a problem as I need them installed via Wine. That's too much duplication and hassle for me. If I want something a little more low-fat than FF3, I have Opera to fall back on.

Last edited by Colin on %b %01, %2008 - %17:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2008 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I used Chrome for a couple of days - then uninstalled it. Seemed to run decently, but until there are some more add-ons (adblocker for example) it won't be my main browser. FF3 is working out pretty well, so far.