26 coaches online • Server time: 02:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colossian

Post   Posted: May 24, 2007 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd advertise a new group that I've set up:

The League for Gentlemanly Conduct
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4503

This is a group for people who want to play totally friendy games - no running the clock down, no unnecessary injuring (when you have a simple score, don't waste time beatng people up). With any luck, this shoud help make games much more fun, without getting annoyed at your opponent's determination to destroy your team :-p

*The fact that I am an Elf coach is beside the point...*

~Colossian~
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I am of the opinion that if you care about losing players you shouldn't be playing.

However, you might want to add a note on the group page outlawing DP... (before I get flamed I realize DP can be used tactically and in a totally "gentlemanly" way.)

But you made up the reasons to fight
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No, please, take the ball! By all means, I wouldn't dream of trying to stop you from scoring.

Are we still on for tea and biscuits after the game? Your wife makes the most delectable scones. I must also say that your cheerleaders are very accomodating, especially the one in the red skirt, I had a quick tumble with that one before the game. Oh, that's your daughter, you say?

Ow! That was most uncalled for, sir! Now be a good chap and help me up. I say, I do hope you aren't planning to kick me, those studs look vici...

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, and here I was hoping that someone would have made a group for Gentlemanly Conduct* and not elfball.

*You know, laughing if your own people die. Congratulating on good plays, etc. Stuff like that.

Last edited by Fama on Jun 09, 2007 - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I am so new here and i tried t start out in [R] before i was ready. please can we play like pansies and ladieboys? Smile

How long before this league gets infiltrated by real players and the cherries get well and truely picked? (obviously i'll never be able to get in now) Twisted Evil

Fama

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
Oh I am so new here and i tried t start out in [R] before i was ready. please can we play like pansies and ladieboys? Smile

How long before this league gets infiltrated by real players and the cherries get well and truely picked? (obviously i'll never be able to get in now) Twisted Evil

Interesting idea Very Happy

But no, alas, I'm not mean Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

To set up such a league, you'll need a proper ruleset on the group page, which shows the gentelmanly conduct, Colossian.
Otherwise there will show up different interpretations, won't they?

TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2007 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

"Gentlemanly conduct"

So that would mean being a good sport, and not whining about your opponent's strategy, right? That would mean just playing the damn game and trying to have fun, right? Well lucky you, there already is a league like that, in theory at least.

It's called FUMBBL Wink
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you try to get Paulhicks for your league. He is one of the most gentle players I met here;-)
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be honored to join such a league. Ignore all these fake coaches who think BloodBowl involves stalling and fouling.

Can i use the goblin cheater roster?

__Synn
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well well... As it seems (again) most of the FUMBBL coaches don't like those "sportsmanlike" agreements.

But if some coaches do, aren't they free to form a group of such behaviour? I see most replys in this thread just mocking up the original poster. Let everyone enjoy BB as they see fit, and if you disagree or don't like it, just ignore it. They will learn the way of fouling later... Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

That was basically what I was getting at. People who complain when their opponents stall/foul/whatever are not letting their opponents enjoy BB as they see fit. They are being the bad sports, not the ones who stall/foul/whatever. That's why he's getting mocked.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes! Let's move away from friendly jibes and start taking this topic seriously! That is the solution to all our problems! Now why didn't I think of that?

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

League is neither ranked nor faction or unranked. It is a place where groups and leagues for any playing style should be possible, isn't it?

TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm the optimistic type, and I have faith that humanity is generally good and decent, so I figured if I made it clear to our new friend here that he is being unsportsmanlike, he would learn and grow as a human being, and we would frolic together in a field of flowers, and be happy and gay, and talk entirely in ridiculously long run on sentences. So I decided to be serious for a second, because I saw it as being for the good of mankind. And you mocked me for it! I bet you feel terrible now! Sad
 Jump to: