19 coaches online • Server time: 07:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Manbush

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Great! Finally a thread about game conduct and different sides arguing over who are the bad guys. A debate like this is LONG overdue and I really believe we should use this forum to express our thoughts and feelings. Let's begin with stalling and Turn 16 fouling. Who wants to go first?

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually a group where you tried to make the other team win would be a lot of fun....

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

a couple of years back there was a short lived Gentlemans Group that didnt allow fouling or anyplayer with av over 8.i joined it (after being made to promise about 3000000 times that i agreed not to foul) with the intention of getting all the way to the final, going like 3-0 ahead and then start fouling like crazy. unfortunately it turned out that i do actualy suck at this game and i went out in round 1 Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i actually agree with thespoonylard, he has a good point Smile
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What, about Mezir being a bad person who should feel terrible? Well who would disagree with that?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
To set up such a league, you'll need a proper ruleset on the group page, which shows the gentelmanly conduct, Colossian.
Otherwise there will show up different interpretations, won't they?

I'd strongly take this advice Colossian. Spell out exactly what is gentlemanly conduct for your group.

I'd also recommend making it an L team division so you can play a close knit group of friends and have tournaments. U can't do the latter or allow back to back games.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What I don't get is why you guy's seem intent on spoiling this guy's group forum.

Surely you should be promoting this kind of thing. Only to get rid of the elfball wusses from mainstream maybe, but promote it you should.

Turn 16 fouls rock. Even if they don't give you FF they should be indulged in for the blood.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

so basically....

what you're saying....

is you play against real coaches, who stall, foul, and generally play dirty(none of which is against the rules), and you have yet to figure out how to defend against it, and it makes you cry when you get hammered by even the most seasoned of noobs who has a clue?

and so...instead of doing what the real coaches do, and learn how to defend, and actually increase your own abilities....

your solution is to make a little "haven" where you can foster "suckitude" and continue playing with subpar skills, and not try to become a better coach by playing against intense opposition?

wow...

nice...

--j

ImageImage
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hahahahaha... this thread is so funny... probably just because i share the opinion of all the spammer around.... have exactly all the same feelings... Very Happy

edit: don't worry colossian.. most of my ideas get hacked the same way Wink ....these are just very philosophical folks... and you just offended them by calling them unsportsmanlike for stalling Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't this amount to pre-game agreement, and this be illegal under Christer's fummbl rules?

Colossian wrote:
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd advertise a new group that I've set up:

The League for Gentlemanly Conduct
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4503

This is a group for people who want to play totally friendy games - no running the clock down, no unnecessary injuring (when you have a simple score, don't waste time beatng people up). With any luck, this shoud help make games much more fun, without getting annoyed at your opponent's determination to destroy your team :-p

*The fact that I am an Elf coach is beside the point...*

~Colossian~
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

depends if its in ranked or not surely?

Wouldn't it work like some of the other leagues, notably the NBL? A pre-match agreement to not have the block skill amounts to the same thing.

I still suggest we let them have their haven, it keeps them off the mainstream at least. It's just a different (and wrong) interpretaion of the rules.

I'd also like to see Colossian post again to try and defend his league.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why they can't do that in League. I think everybody should be able to play as they wish, and if that means they need to limit themselves in Bloodbowl so be it.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

torsoboy wrote:
I don't see why they can't do that in League. I think everybody should be able to play as they wish, and if that means they need to limit themselves in Bloodbowl so be it.

Agreed. I see Gentlemanly Conduct as congratulating the other guy on playing well, keeping up a friendly banter in chat and not moaning endlessly about dice and generally making the experience less fun all around. If you foul RIP my best player - that's just good coaching! I would think 9/10 coaches see it the same way. But I'm sure there are plenty that agree with the OP, and the league could run fine and dandy.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2007 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The league would probably get a bit more respect if it had some fluff and some rules.

We already have no block leagues, all elf, all human, 4vs4, 1vs1 e.t.c. leagues so with some fluff the idea is cool.

The OP has not been back to promote the league since 24th May.
As it stands at the moment, it just looks like a protest moan.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSpoonyBard wrote:
That was basically what I was getting at. People who complain when their opponents stall/foul/whatever are not letting their opponents enjoy BB as they see fit. They are being the bad sports, not the ones who stall/foul/whatever. That's why he's getting mocked.

Well, the guy isn't complaining much, he's just stating an opinion on what kind of BB he wants to play and sets up a league where he and anyone likeminded can play those kind of games.

The only ones I see complaining here are guys who thinks their particular way of steering pixels across a screen is more manly or daring than his way Razz

I particularily enjoyed shadow's idea that we foulers are more "real" coaches than the non-foulers... It sure takes a lot of guts to press that foul button! Very Happy
 Jump to: