33 coaches online • Server time: 16:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:
TheSpoonyBard wrote:
That was basically what I was getting at. People who complain when their opponents stall/foul/whatever are not letting their opponents enjoy BB as they see fit. They are being the bad sports, not the ones who stall/foul/whatever. That's why he's getting mocked.

Well, the guy isn't complaining much, he's just stating an opinion on what kind of BB he wants to play and sets up a league where he and anyone likeminded can play those kind of games.

The only ones I see complaining here are guys who thinks their particular way of steering pixels across a screen is more manly or daring than his way Razz

I particularily enjoyed shadow's idea that we foulers are more "real" coaches than the non-foulers... It sure takes a lot of guts to press that foul button! Very Happy

i like how you focused only on the "foul" part of my comment, and not the entire sentiment of "anything is fair game, deal with it"....

way to suck...

and sorry....but anyone with a 0.45 foul ratio, and a -47 for/against ratio is *NOT* a fouling coach....

stop associating yourself with those of us with a set...:-p

--j

ImageImage
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

great way to bumb a pointless thread over and over again - oops i did it again Embarassed
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
anyone with a 0.45 foul ratio, and a -47 for/against ratio is *NOT* a fouling coach....

What about someone with a 0.66 foul ratio and a -1153 for/against ratio?

Ow...I wanna be a fouling coach...
please...
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
MickeX wrote:

I particularily enjoyed shadow's idea that we foulers are more "real" coaches than the non-foulers... It sure takes a lot of guts to press that foul button! Very Happy

and sorry....but anyone with a 0.45 foul ratio, and a -47 for/against ratio is *NOT* a fouling coach....

stop associating yourself with those of us with a set...:-p

Well, you were talking about "learning how to defend", "increasing your abilities", "subpar skills"... so I kind of thought you meant fouling as in using fouls in a way that wins games. Not fouling three times every match regardless... Razz I've seen heavy foulers with good win records though - and we could probably both learn something from them.

Your "anything is fair" comment would have been relevant if they guy had been on a crusade to change coach behaviour. He simply wanted to play with a slightly different ruleset. That's why your comment on pixel manliness becomes funny.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MickeX wrote:

The only ones I see complaining here are guys who thinks their particular way of steering pixels across a screen is more manly or daring than his way Razz

We're mighty proud of our manly ways.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we?

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets be clear here:

The original post used the term "totally friendly games" to describe a game free of fouling and stalling. Thats what needs to be addressed. I have plenty of very friendly games with people like Texan and Manbush. So his assertion that a "totally friendly" game does not involve stalling or fouling indicates that he is the type of person to blow his top when someone does something like foul or stall.

Those are the coaches who are bad for fumbbl. Not the ones who don't foul/stall but the ones who whine.

__Synn
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I resent that comment! I foul and I stall, and I also reserve the right to whine!

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Lets be clear here:

The original post used the term "totally friendly games" to describe a game free of fouling and stalling. Thats what needs to be addressed. I have plenty of very friendly games with people like Texan and Manbush. So his assertion that a "totally friendly" game does not involve stalling or fouling indicates that he is the type of person to blow his top when someone does something like foul or stall.

Those are the coaches who are bad for fumbbl. Not the ones who don't foul/stall but the ones who whine.

__Synn

1. The guy says he sometimes gets annoyed by fouling/stalling.
2. We know some guys who get annoyed whine.
This does not mean
3. This guy whines.

There are probably lots of coaches that gets annoyed but doesn't whine. And, as Mezir points out, the opposite behaviour exists as well.

The guy is quite new to Fumbbl, and many new coaches associates fouling with unfriendliness. I'd say most change their mind over time. This guy even uses the term "totally friendly", not even one ounce of unfriendliness in a game of maiming and killing, which leaves plenty of room for interpreting it as a cheekily stated preference. So, I say cut the new coaches some slack rather than quickly implying they're "bad for FUMBBL".
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I never said new coaches were bad for fumbbl.

__Synn
nin

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, 3 pages of replys to a single post...
Colosian must have pointed out a very interesting topic... och, fouling and stalling and "fairness" again.
more lol
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
I resent that comment! I foul and I stall, and I also reserve the right to whine!

Some say you invented whining... Shocked Very Happy
Manbush

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir didn't invent whining, he's just trying to perfect it Razz

I put the liquor in the same bottle his and mine, and mine was at the bottom, and, sure, I was obliged to drink his to get at mine
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

WTF?? You guys foul??? Sad

I tend not to foul in BB, or take rooks in chess, or shoot my opponents in FPS. I didn't want to hurt feelings in AoE do I try to build the monument to win the game.

I still can't believe you guys foul or stall. Be gentlemen! (except Starbreeze...and Prinz, both non-dudes)

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2007 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

You could change the name to 'The league of gentle conduct' Smile
 Jump to: