27 coaches online • Server time: 03:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Guvnor

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can an Apothecary heal a player of any niggling injuries?
If not why not?

Idea If a player with a niggling injury makes 3 matches in sucession AND their team has an Apothecary OR can regenerate, then the injury is considered to have been successfully treated/regenerated. Or the number of matches could be shortened to two in sucession but it also requires a roll to see if the Apothecary/regeneration is successful Idea
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure if you are asking about healing the player when the injury actually happens, or when the niggling causes him to be unavailable for a game.
When a player get's injured in a game, and it could be HB, SI, SI with a niggling, SI with an ability loss, or even death, you can use your apothecary (if you haven't used it in the game yet) to try and heal the player. You roll a dice and if you roll anything but 1 the player is not affected by the injury.
At the start of every game a player with niggling injuries rolls a dice for each of his niggling injuries. On a roll of one, he cannot take part in the game, but if the team has an apothecary you can use him to help the player and ignore the results of the niggling rolls. In that case you cannot use the apothecary during the game.

I am not sure if you are qouting a rule from somewhere there or what. I don't think that rule is in the LRB, or maybe I missed it.
Bazz

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a suggestion he is making .... that niggling injuries could heal ..... it is a good idea but it wound't (on purpose) be fair to coaches who retired players because of such injuries.
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that makes sense of guvnor's post. But I think FUMBBL is trying to be as close to the LRB as possible, so I don't see it happening. It's an interesting idea though. I think I would make it more games in succession as it's very probable to manage to ignore a niggling 3 times in a row, and that would make the nigglings much less effective.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah but that's what a niggling injury is... scar tissue and stuff where a bad injury was suffered... most of the time it's fine sometimes it plays up often for no reason... real sports players get them and often there is little that can be done bar whacking some painkillers on it pre-mtch
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This will not be implemented in FUMBBL - in fact no non-LRB rule changes will be implemented in FUMBBL as far as I know - but something like this might be considered for the official rules review, which is ongoing at the moment. If GW is looking at something extra to ameliorate the effect of niggles, might I suggest (if they lurk on this board) that coaches might be given the ability to apply "painkillers" to those who roll 1 on their niggle. It would be something like the following:

"If a player suffers a niggling injury before a game, instead of using the apothecary as normal to heal the player the coach can give the player a painkiller, by rolling a die. On a roll of 6 the painkiller works, and the player plays through the pain. On a roll of 2, 3, 4 or 5, the player still can't manage to get on to the field. On a roll of 1, the painkiller aggravates the niggling injury so badly that the player misses the next game as well as this one. This action does not use up the apothecary."
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

niggling injuries are there to encourage you to retire players and keep player turnover

there are complaints from some people saying not enough players get killed or injured now and removing niggles by this kind of method would be detrimental in the aim of making teams have to keep on bringing new players in and constantly evolving

the aim isn't to build a team up as good as you can get it and then let it stay in a static for for ages and ages

this would go against that so I can't see it happening
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe there should be a Games Played idea brought into play for aging on skill rolls Smile

I think when an aging roll is done it should take into effect the number of games played. If the player has fewer games played, less chance of a niggling, the more games played, the higher the chance of a niggling.

On a side note: Rehab can fully heal some sports injuries Smile Maybe when a player obtains a new skill (or perhaps rolls doubles), they can use it to take off 1 niggling...sort of like when a big guy removes a negative trait (by the way when is this being implemented?).

Thx
Caileanhawk

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Mezir

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

caileanhawk wrote:
sort of like when a big guy removes a negative trait (by the way when is this being implemented?).

That won't be implemented as it isn't an LRB option.
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, Well...I think it should be. It is a nice idea and would make some really nasty creatures Smile

Thx
Caileanhawk

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In previous experimental big guys rules, you could remove the negative skill trait on doubles, instead of taking another skill. Not sure which editions, maybe this will happen again in the future and maybe it won't.
Daragor

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Caileanhawk's idea to remove a nig when the player gets a skill increase is worth considering, but big guys should always retain negative character traits. If not they would be far too good and dominate the game like they used to.
Saying that if you did implement an option to remove nigs would this devalue the staying power of undead teams, as this is their main strength.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guys removing negative traits as a skill option on doubles is quite balanced idea IMHO (although i dont think they are broken currently). Remember that this 'uses up' a possible skill, therefore they wouldn't be able to get as many skills or increases as another Big Guy. Big Guy's are always going to dominate certain aspects of the game it's inevitable. I find them fun and they add a little extra spice to a team. however maybe they should cost more or have some kind of upkeep involved so as to allow teams who choose not to take Big Guys to be more competitive. (maybe take up two spaces on a roster?)
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead teams still receive niggles, they would benefit as well. I think that being able to remove a niggle should only be able to happen on a double. I don't think this would hurt play too much because the star players would have to use a possible "double" skill to remove the niggle and there are only a certain amount of skill levels you can obtain...and any number of niggles (on pitch or aging). Players would still retire, but it might let a few stay around longer Smile

Thx
Caileanhawk

Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

also remeber that Bloodbowl is based on fantasy/midevil football. We live in an era of grat and wonderful sports medicine. This type of medicine would not be available in a warhammer setting. What is available is an apoth being available to keep a player alive or healing a fractured skull on the spot. Healers and clerics would only be able to heal what they see and I doubt a cleric or apoth would know the workings of the ACL/MCL and the knee.

Jump to: