74 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
A FUMBBL Division without ageing?
Yes, I would join that Division with a team.
32%
 32%  [ 27 ]
No, I would not want to play in that Division.
67%
 67%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 84

Force

Post 5 Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Identical to "Open" but without ageing.

Note I do not want to discuss weather ageing should be in the Official Rules or not; I just want to know who would like to run a team without it.

If user interest is high enough i hope it will be worth the effort to set it up.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a division where fouling is illegal? I'd play you in that one, Force!
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What about one where you get SPP for fouls? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

none of this is going to happen

fumbbl uses the official rules if you don't like them then there are other leagues to play in
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grumbledook: The DivX division operates under official rules?
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Or stunty leeg?
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sourwyrm wrote:
Grumbledook: The DivX division operates under official rules?

Yes it does, the officialy experimental rules.

The Finishing Touch
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

sourwyrm wrote:
Or stunty leeg?

Stunty is special, and probably will remain the only special league for the forseeable future. What grum is saying is that for *everything* else, we are only using the official rules.

The Finishing Touch
Force

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no Law that prevents FUMBBL, or better to say Mr. Klipp & Christer, to set up a no-ageing Division.

The only criteria is user interest, because even I see the point that it is not worth wasting your time on a Division where only a few people want to play in.

I hate ageing, and I think it is not necessary when teams of equal high Team Rating play amogst each other. It might be needed for league play to handicap powerful teams, but in my opinion it is fine that powerful teams crush rookie teams.

The only thing I am accepting is that teams should not grow to a level of strength where every move is a auto sucess. Ageing does not acomplish that. I'd rather see less skill levels. The "Trait" System also did a good job on making players less powerfull.

Ageing spoils the fun for me.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think ageing reflects "real life" to some extent...

As a guy gets older, he gets better, but then he starts to fade...

My 2 cents...
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If all the fun you get is from crushing a rookie team with your experienced team, Force, then maybe you should take up a different game. Counterstrike using an aimbot, maybe.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Force wrote:
There is no Law that prevents FUMBBL, or better to say Mr. Klipp & Christer, to set up a no-ageing Division.

Sure, there isn't a law, but I can tell you right now that you have a better chance of being struck by lightning while buying a winning lottery ticket than seeing it happen. Other than the silly fun of stunty leeg, this site is here for people to play standard rules blood bowl, not splinter off into dozens of unmanageable special rules sub divisions.

The Finishing Touch
Force

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
If all the fun you get is from crushing a rookie team with your experienced team, Force, then maybe you should take up a different game. Counterstrike using an aimbot, maybe.

On fumbbl you play teams of equal strength 99% of the time, Idiot.
Force

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
play standard rules blood bowl, not splinter off into dozens of unmanageable special rules sub divisions.

Fair Point. But to my understanding ageing is perhaps the most controversial issue in the Blood Bowl rules right now, and it would be fairly simple to handle, just NOT using it. No complicated messing with the rules needed.
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2003 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If I had my way the stunty division would get deleted as well, I was against it from the start but there we go. Other division for other house rules aren't going to happen. Fumbbl is about playing official blood bowl (and the official experiemental rules) If aging is dropped from the rules it will be dropped from FUMBBL. If you don't like playing the official rules then go play in a league that doesn't use them all. FUMBBL isn't the only online league about and if you can't find one that uses rules that you like then there is nothing stopping anyone running their own league.

I stopped playing in the OLBBL cause i didn't like the rules and then joined FUMBBL instead and fumbbl was no where near as slick and automated that it is now. only 3 teams each usually 1 game a week not many coaches. A lot of you have been spolit by the hard work klipp and christer put into building this current version.
 Jump to: