25 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be a nice way of making people salivate with anticipation to make a non regular section with some inside info about what is in the works in both the java client and the FUMBBL site (just when/if there is something to tell, of course).

Gorritakid
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see this happening gorritakid. Simply because from my observation of the running of this site and the writing of the Java Client everything that is about to be done gets done pretty much immediately. SkiJunkie keeps on top of the communities requests and ideas by reading this forum and writes it in when he has time and the inclination. What im trying to say is there is no 'backroom' or secretive society running this site. What you is what you get. I find that easily salivatory enough thanks Smile
Jared

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

or by the time you print about the latest in the works Skijunkie turns round and goes behold versiopn 6.6b with the new ....

XXXtreme ball with added XX
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmm...

Well, that is why this would be a non regular section only to be used

Quote:

(just when/if there is something to tell, of course).

It is obvious (or at least I thought it was) that this would be a special section not to be seen often, but I still think there is room and even need for it.

For example: In October there will be the Rules review and, among other things, there will be one new handicap system. Skijunkie has been asked hundreds of times about his coding the handicap table or not, and he has answered hundreds of times he will wait till the new handicap system is stablished. Seeing this I'm pretty sure Skijunkie will be once again asked hundreds of different times about when the new handicap system will be implemented and it seems to me that it would be easier for him (or someone else after speaking to him) to make a little article telling people about the current state of that particular matter instead of having to be bothered systemathically by dozens (hundreds, thousands, millions :p) of different people asking him the same question time and time again. Just an example.

Nothing about secretive societies or silly things like that, I don't know what was all that about.

Gorritakid
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I would imagine there would be a FUMBBL Commissioner's Report or some such editorial feature in which the function of the sneak peek could be included.
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 04:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
What im trying to say is there is no 'backroom' or secretive society running this site.

Oh how little you know.. Wink

Seriously though, you're partially right. The time between when we decide to implement something and when the feature is available is _very_ rarely longer than a few days. The few times that it is, we tend to hint about the changes in advance. Naturally, there is no harm in publishing those things in the mag in order to give everyone a consistent place to read about it.

-- Christer
cataphract

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

how bout replay and match report of the week?

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2003 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to have a direct source of info on whats happening! like i heard bout they were gonna get rid of undead in favour for the new "dead" teams! i love my undead please let this never happen! but stuff like this i would like to know about or when they are bringing out new stuff
 Jump to: