49 coaches online • Server time: 18:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dogbarian

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2007 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a lot of traffic here, but wanted to make sure discussion doesn't die, and new coaches realize they have a place to hang out. It would be nice to see some discussion on strategies for team creation/expansion and so on (to add to what's in the Help section).

I have little desire to play ranked games at the moment, although I did make a few teams there. The level of, well, attitude there is not to my liking. So, I'm playing in [A]cademy to build up some teams that will move to [U]nranked eventually. I'm also trying some new team concepts (or races I haven't played before) in Academy. I played the tabletop game back in the old days, mostly 2nd edition, and due to a lack of miniatures, mostly played human, ork, or chaos.

So, if you are a new coach, I'm happy to give you a game, most afternoons and evenings (US time - I'm in Central). If you are a brand-new coach, I'm happy to walk you through a teaching game as well. I've done two of those the last couple of days, and both coaches seemed pleased. You can find me in the IRC channel #fumbblAcademy. If you don't have IRC access, send me a PM and we'll see about arranging a game.

Hope to see you soon!
revmidni

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2007 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I must recommend Dogbarian as a great teacher. He took the to walk me through a game pointing out tactical errors. If you are new he is the guy to see. So thanks Dogbarian for your help today.
Punkpogoer

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I played my first game tonight against the SpoonyBard and it was a real experience. I was getting my butt wooped good and then the server kept going down, so we had to scrap the game. But I did find out that I need ALOT of practice on this game.
Kingwiththeax

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

When it is up in the "Recent Forum Topics", it says
"Offering help for ro" LOL

I'm sure Ro would love any help you could give him Very Happy
Roseph

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2007 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm Abused again......
THanks King but I would also like to add that I am willing to help new coaches, all ya have to do is ask
foght

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I played against Dogbarian last night, and he was very helpful to me as well.
 Jump to: