31 coaches online • Server time: 12:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Sep 25, 2003 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Faeries have been changed to the More Mayhem and Mischief Version.

Highlights:
    All Faeries are ST 1
    Brownies get Jump Up
    Pixies are faster
    Leprechauns with Strip Ball added
    Access to 2 Treemen

Faeries Roster
Mr-Klipp, can you make sure that the Leprechauns get access to AG because the above table doesn't show them with any skill access.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Dial-A-Song

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing two games using this new roster, I'd like to say:

They are utterly unplayable against 90% of other teams.
Only against other str 1 teams can you hope to stay alive long enough to get skills.

They really need both trees to hold any defence... yet in only 25% of games will you start with them. 25% of the time you start with NO big guys, letting your opponent smash through without anything to stop him.

Havent used a leprechaun yet... still strip ball isn't going to do alot when half of your team are dead.

If you want a cheap team, then this isn't it either.... str 1 snots are 20k, brownies 40k pixies 60k. I cannot see people keeping up with replacement costs.

I hope someone is paying attention to this. Sad
SirSlappy

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Having Played 6 games with my Faeries, the team can hold its own, and can win. I have used strip ball effectively multiple times, and have also played a half with out both Treeman, and managed to be in the game. Also, if you play well, i have been rewarded well in winnings, and have kept my team in relatively good health.

I believe fairies can be very effective, especially if you are good at using assists, escaping from situations, and using Hypnotic gaze. Hypnotic gaze on pixies is the key to the team, as it helps you in escaping, and helping on assists.

The only downside I have encountered is that I lost 2 Treemen already, and that really hurts the team. Also, getting in quick scores is a neccessity for your success...dont waste your turns...you will be hurt then.

Just my observations.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Having Played 6 games with my Faeries, the team can hold its own, and can win.

Ahh, is that why you have failed to score your last 3 games and taken 3 BH, 9 SI and 2 RIP?

Quote:
I believe fairies can be very effective, especially if you are good at using assists, escaping from situations, and using Hypnotic gaze. Hypnotic gaze on pixies is the key to the team, as it helps you in escaping, and helping on assists.

I didn't say they cannot be effective. I said they cannot stay alive enough to actually advance. Hypnotic gaze needs to roll higher than AG... which means 50% failure on most stunty. Str 1 means you will probably get 1 die blocks even when it does work. Remember, the first skill most stunty players get is diving tackle, which makes your 'running away' tactic very difficult. Try playing a skink team full of speed 8 str 2 av 7 players and two speed 6 str 4 av 9 saurus possibly with block and tackle, and then try running away.

My viewpoint is:

Treemen are totally unsuited to stunty leeg. An open team missing a tree for the first half can still defend themselves at str 3... even str 2 halfings can defend to some extent, but str 1 players are totally unable to. The only option is either to run away keeping blocks to a minimum - just letting your opponent score, or concede immediately 25% of the games you begin where both fail the take root roll.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

not to forget that a stunty with a single assist gets a three dice block against them

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
After playing two games using this new roster...

...They are utterly unplayable against 90% of other teams...

You were able to test the roster against 90% of teams in 2 games? Damn, how many kinds of teams were involved in those two games? Wink

The Finishing Touch
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Two kinds.

One game against other str 1 players... and one against str 2.

I correct myself - 95% of all other teams as only other faeries are fair opponents.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the amount of roosters, I would say at least fearies and... hm... 8 others?
Hey, now we know y they got slaughtered..
Calador

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There are roosters in stunty leeg ? /me is off to make a rooster team Razz
Jugular

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2003 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played against a Faerie team with my frankly pretty useles Halfling team I can't imagine them ever making an impression in a game apart from in the dirt. I also agree that Treemen are absolutely useless in the stunty league. The best they can hope to do is tie up the opposing teams BG's however if the opposing team has any sense they''ll keep they're Big Guys away from the treemen which isn't exactly difficult. However I see no other option so i suppose they'll stay. The Fairy team needs some straight forward Str2 players to hold out against a small amount of battery. I suggest pumping the brownies up to Str2 leaving the Pixies and Leprechaun's to add the mayhem and assists until they get caught Smile
alterationX

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

how about adding St 4 dryads to the team instead of the treemen? kinda like with the skink team?
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

alterationX wrote:

Quote:
how about adding St 4 dryads to the team instead of the treemen? kinda like with the skink team?

Seems like they need more strength, not less.
whitey

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They just need the strength to turn up.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish people would actually play the team before making comments about how broken the team is. Two games is a hardly enough to gauge their effectiveness especially when one of the games is against the obviously broken skinks. I've played many games with the new faeries, and they are quite effective. They just require very different tactics. Experiment with some new strategies, play some games (not against skinks), and you may be suprised at how good a team the fairies have become.

A few points that I'd like to address:
Treemen: May not be the slaughterbeasts that Minotaurs are but they are by no means ineffective. If your opponent has to completely adjust his use of his BGs, you can easily exploit this with all of your mobility.
ST1 being useless: I've made plenty of 2 db with the new fairies. Jump Up (and Hypno) helps immensely in this respect.
Frailty: The Brownies are supposed to cost 30K, Klipp implemented them the wrong way and rerolls were supposed to drop to 50K. But if you are having them die off in droves (more so than any other stunty team), you might want to reconsider how you are using them.
Strengths: Everyone seems so obsessed with the ST1 aspect of the roster, but hardly anyone has mentioned the considerable strengths of this team. I wonder if it's because so few have actually played games with them.
Skinks: The skinks are BROKEN. Don't compare the fairies to skinks. The fairies were balanced when compared to all the other rosters. Skinks have the mobility of the fairies without any compensating weakness. Sauri are not the answer to the skink problem. I think a better answer would be to ditch the Adept of Sotek and the Sauri, but give them a poisonous dinocritter(s) that are slower, unreliable and get a penalty roll (M4-6, ST3-4, AG3, AV8, Wild Animal, Poison Dagger and Really Stupid if it's stackable with WA). Give it a catchy fluffy name and the skinks may be a bit more balanced.

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
The Other 9/11

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

brownies costing 30k and the RR's being 50k is nice...

maybe a third tree just for the LOS... cause the entire team is a cas waiting to happen... hypnotic gaze isn't that great in stunty... and jump up isn't that great with av6... av7 on the brownies might be good and with st1 you can still justifiy the 30k (and the av5 on the lep's is a bit harsh)

on the thought of the skinks... 2 adepts and just skinks.. no big guys.. meaning they're not really mad for hitting at all.. except for secret weapons (the roll being the point)
 Jump to: