29 coaches online • Server time: 08:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Treemen are weak in stunty because:

1. Movement 2 - makes them so slow they cannot keep up with the play, it is easy for stuntys to back off out of blitz range, str 5 big guys are placed away from them knowing they are safe, if they are surrounded and knocked down (which will happen often because str 1 players will get pushed back easily) they often don't even get back up again and if they do everyone has then moved away.

2. Take root - half the time they don't even show up on time! Makes the first half a game of survival instead of scoring. With the old roster when your lone tree failed to show, brownies could at least make blocks against other stunty without too much difficulty. Now they need 2 assists and probably a successful hypo roll too.

3. Agility 1 - Combined with the slow speed makes them a little poorer at throwing team mates, although this is compensated by the fast brownies with jump up.

Player cost:

Well if they are supposed to be less expensive why aren't they? One fairy team I know has already retired because they cannot afford the second treeman now allowed. Also the team strength is way out of scale with the abilities of these players... 140k for a str 1 pixie with 2 skills? Come on.

Strength one blocking:

Yes, you can get 2 dice blocks even with str 1 players... but it requires placing your team next to theirs and having luck with hypnotic gaze. The problem comes when he stands his players up and then gets lots of 3 dice blocks on your team, and that is just his stuntys.

Skinks:

If they are so broken, why haven't they been changed? I agree they are too strong and not much fun to play against, but why did you change a team that worked at least somewhat to one that is no fun to play while leaving one that is overpowered unchanged.
Rolling Eyes

I probably won't be using my faeries until they get some kind of help.
whitey

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just pointing out the merits of alterationX's suggestion, that although he suggested s4 they would be more reliable than trees. I haven't played them, and was just basing my statement on this thread, and my 1 match against fairies, where the opponent was so beat up he conceded.
 Jump to: