47 coaches online • Server time: 20:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2007 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

As some may have noticed, I'm in the process of redesigning my site and I was putting up a fresh copy of the installation instructions. I was rather surprised to find how little of the specifics I actually remembered, after having been inactive for so long.

If anyone has some time and wants to lend a hand, I'd appreciate any feedback on particular details I may have gotten a bit wrong. Labels of buttons and that sort of thing. I'm sticking a copy in the User Guide, so you can just jump in and make your edits if you want.

For starters, the text was written for my own site, so there are references to being primarily mac-oriented. Additionally, all file names should be italics but I'm way overdue on my lunch break. Smile

I'm more than happy to entertain any suggestions as to how to simplify the explanation of moving files out of subdirectories when installing the patch. It makes sense to me, but then again, I am wise in the ways of my own machine.

If any relative computer newbies can take a moment to see if you get the idea or to clarify what you find confusing, I'd really appreciate it. For that matter, if anyone has any issues with things as they're presented (remember the target audience is people who really do need instructions!), please just say so. This being on the wiki, however, means that you can also just go in and change it, if you really want...

If anyone makes any edits, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd leave a quick note here explaining what you did briefly, so I can keep my own site copy in sync - as a resource for those poor, unfortunate few at FranceBloodBowl and elsewhere who use JBB, but not on FUMBBL.

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2007 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I normally have to get help when i re-install, which is obviously a pain in the arse, granted I am not very computer literate but I can't be the only person who has problems with this, it even stopped me playing for a while.
The obvious solution I'd have thought would be simplifying or compressing the downloads into a single download package that you don't have to go into a then fiddle about with. I understand that this is an evolving game and there will always be new updates, but the basics and current packages could be dealt with and let the new files be dealt with when needed.
 Jump to: