15 coaches online • Server time: 07:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2010 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Noise opponents have been ranked 11/12/13 when they played while NC has faced off against opponents ranked 7/7/5.

While it does take in to consideration the H2H records, it goes by what it sees as the strongest team in matters of trending also. So while Noise won the H2H they have yet to sin since, and their SoS has been weaker than NC who has performed better since that 1st game and has a far tougher SoS so far.

On that note, if i had to put $10 on a team for the end of season I personally would put it on Bushmills and sit back and enjoy a game Smile
Apojar

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2010 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

GAME ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hawaii will travel to Oregon on THURSDAY NIGHT at 6pm EST.

Apo
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2010 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys... As I was afraid, i'm really lagging with things coming up. Holidays in retail, plus renovating soon to be MY new 3 bedroom mobile home. My spare time is spent being exhausted and barely moving, and with my baby. December 1st we'll be all moved in, and it'll just be the work messing me up. So, until then, I'm only going to make it some mornings, and POSSIBLY Sunday evenings... Terribly sorry, but I'll do my best, and finish the season strong as I can. Be back next season, with a closer to reasonable schedule, and less demand on my precious little free time.

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Week 4 Review

With week four over, Out-of-Conference play is now finished! Thus begins the all-important conference games, many of which will have drastic impact on bowl standings down the road. Last season the story entering conference play was the Big Beast conference, which dominated everyone (except Oregon,) in OoC play. With several epic games, PainState overcame their rivals with suffocating defense and clock-chewing ball control, later going on to win the national championship (over Oregon.) This season, there doesn't appear to be a "dominant" conference, though the Beast is again looking deep and balanced, while the AKC is probably the weakest depth-wise, and the Smack-6 is much improved from last season. Still, a lot can happen in the next five weeks, so let's quickly review what has happened and then preview what could happen.

Out-of-Conference Review
-With the first ever graduating classes for several schools, it looked like this season would bring a changing of the guard in the NCBB. Well, that has been true to some extent, though Oregon has exceeded all expectations and started 3-0-1. That's quite impressive given the large number of freshmen players they're using, even if their schedule was fairly easy. Missouri has been on fire on offense (16 scores in 4 games,) but suffered three deaths in the opener. However, the Tigers have overcome those losses and kept winning, going 4-0-0 so far on the year. Finally Clemson has been ruthless this season, grinding out wins (avg score of 2.25:1,) and crushing opposing players (19 cas is #1 in the nation.) They're also 4-0-0 but won't have an easy road through an improved Smack 6 conference. These three teams have clearly established themselves as the elite this season, so it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up, or if anyone can knock them off and perhaps even take their place in the title hunt.

Big Beast Conference Preview
-The Beast was likely going to drop off a bit from last year, as a few of their teams were hit hard by graduation. Mizzou looked to stay dominant and they did, starting out 4-0-0 but lost some good players along the way (three deaths and a niggler.) The offense has once again been prolific, with 16 scores in four games, though a 5-1 win over stubborn Buffalo (probably a good idea to have more than 1 guy back deep...especially after they've scored on defense a few times) certainly inflated the numbers a bit. Regardless, the Tigers won't have an easy path to an unbeaten season by any means. First up is the aforementioned Hawaii team, who is coming off a huge win vs Oregon. Injuries have accumulated over the season, but the upset win drastically changed the outlook of their 1-1-1 season. Surprising teams from Cal and Minni have both achieved 2-0-2 records, mostly due to being #3 and #2 in casualties, respectively, so far this year. Pain has played their opponents tough, but their 1-1-2 record shows their overall youth. Still, coach TodFa has to be pleased with how his team is progressing yet still competing on the field. Lastly Nibraskah is having a tough season, which must have their fanbase very upset. Again having title aspirations thanks to a few super-star caliber players, the rats have been beat up by everyone (tied for #2 most casualties taken,) and being unable to stop the opposition from scoring late in games. Clearly the Tigers have the lead right now, and are the early favorite to win the Beast. But the Tigers won't be facing bottom-dwellers anymore, as their four OoC opponents have a combined record of 2-0-14. They could be in for a rude awakening early, as Hawaii rolls into their week 5 matchup after knocking off Oregon 2:1 last week. Can the flyin Hawaiians knock off an unbeaten elven team two weeks in a row?

AKC Conference Preview
-Oregon's schedule was very favorable, but it's still impressive that they're 3-0-1, given the amount of rookies they had on the team. Only a week 4 loss to Hawaii has derailed the Waterfoul from back-2-back undefeated regular seasons, but they still look to be the class of the weak AKC. Only USML (2-2-0) and Golden Gate (2-1-1) have winning records, so it'll be interesting to see if they can knock off the lucky duckers in round 5 and 3, respectively. The Harliqueens are tough to take down with their mass blodge, and technically they're still unbeaten as well. Golden Gate has stayed true to their past form, taking the 3rd most casualties so far and not playing very good defense. UCon won the championship in season 7 but suffered from a title-hangover last year, struggling a bit but still managing to win the Orange bowl. However, the wheels are really falling off for the Huskies now with a 1-0-3 start, as graduation + the deaths of potential superstars is crippling the squad. Navy and DD have also kept up their patterns from previous years, as both are winless and their only win might be the game vs each other (which could be forfeited as Vader has been offline for 8 days now.) Clearly the conference is Oregon's to lose, though we're eagerly awaiting the week 10 matchup between the Waterfoul and USML. The winner of this game could potentially play in the national championship...if it wasn't for the fact that USML is relezite's second team and thus won't go to a bowl game. Still, Oregon will likely have to win this game to get into the championship, so perhaps USML can knock them off and let someone else in.

Smack 6 Conference Preview
-The Smack 6 is wayyyy better than it ever was last season, as Clemson swept the group and Texas Tech finished with a solid record themselves (the two faced off in the last week to determine who won the conference.) This year Clemson is brutally and effectively working their way to an unbeaten season, but their path won't be easy. However they lead the country in casualties (19,) and have the most talented team (269 TR,) so clearly they have the ability to keep up their winning ways. Their main adversary will once again be Texas Tech, who has the #2 offense (12 scores,) to go with their 3-0-1 record. In perhaps a perfect example of their style of play, the Rat Raiders took eight casualties against Cal but went all-out to grab the ball and managed a 3:1 victory. They'll have to keep up that pattern against promising newcomers like NC State and Noise State, both of whom are 2-1-1. NC has developed rather quickly, which helped them pull 1:0 upsets over Ucon and Hawaii. Noise got a forfeit win last week but has been solid so far, so it'll be interesting to see how these two teams do against the grind of conference opponents. Lastly we have Buffalo (1-0-3) and Vandy (0-0-4), who again find themselves at the bottom of both the Smack 6 and the NCBB. It's a shame to see both programs struggling, as they've had so much success in previous seasons in the league, so let's hope they can turn things around and work towards a better year next season. Clemson, however, is completely focused on this season, as their goal of a national championship is within their grasp. In order to do so, they'll have to endure a back-2-back stretch in rounds 3 and 4 against NC State and Texas Tech, respectively.

Non-AQ Update
-The newbies in the Non-AQ are....very slowly moving along. Each week we've had a few forfeits, which is extremely disappointing. But a few teams have started to prove themselves, so hopefully the group can continue to get their games in and start moving at a solid pace. Right now Nevada is unbeaten, while Georgia (3-1-0) and the BlackKnights (3-0-1) are right behind them. There are several teams in the middle of the pack, while Bama and Arizona State are in danger of losing their football programs if things don't improve.

Stats

Top 3 Offenses:
1. Missouri: 16
2. Texas Tech: 12
3. Clemson: 9

Top 3 Defenses:
1. Noise State: 2 (3 games)
2a. USML: 3
2b. NC State: 3
2c. Hawaii: 3

Top 3 Casualties:
1. Clemson: 19
2. Minni: 16
3. Cal: 14

Top 3 Inept:
1a. Navy: 2 scores
1b. Noise: 2 (3 games)
3a. UCon: 3
3b. Buffalo: 3
3c. Vandy: 3

Top 3 Easiest:
1a. Navy: 9 scores allowed
1b. Vandy: 9
2a. Minni: 8
2b. Buffalo: 8
2c. Nibraskah: 8
2d. DD Tech: 8 (3 games)

Top 3 Squishiest:
1. Texas Tech: 17 cas taken
2a. Nibraskah: 16
2b. Vandy: 16

Top 3 Completions:
1. Blaine Gabbert (Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers) 8
2a. Rach Moss (UMSL Harliqueens) 6
2b. Greg Alexander (Hawaii University) 6

Top 3 Touchdowns:
1. Kevin Rutland (Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers) 5
2. B. 'Jenner' Hicks (K) #84 (Texas Tech Rat Raiders) 4
3a. Justin Killer (Clemson Terrors) 3
3b. S. 'Remy' Doege (QB) #7 (Texas Tech Rat Raiders) 3

Top 3 Casualties:
1. William Punisher (Clemson Terrors) 6
2a. Brother "Pacific Black Duck" Ryan (Oregon Waterfoul) 5
2b. Bert "Knob-billed Duck" Spooner (Oregon Waterfoul) 5
2c. M D Punisher (Clemson Terrors) 5
2d. #3 'Mad' Brad Kanuch (WR) (U.Con. Huskies) 5

Top 3 Passers:
1. Blaine Gabbert (Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers) 48
2. Herger (Nibraskah Wanabees) 29
3. Desiree Deathlauncher (D.D. Tech for Niggling Arts) 20

Top 3 Rushers:
1. Rhys Lloyd (Mihn'eeSOH'tah Golblen Gogres) 63 (he's a gopher!!!)
2a. #37 Joss 'No Loss' Tillard (RB) (U.Con. Huskies) 59
2b. C. J. Spiker (Clemson Terrors) 59

Top 3 Blockers:
1. Alex Croxwaite (California Golden Lizards) 60
2. Brother "Pacific Black Duck" Ryan (Oregon Waterfoul) 51
3. William Punisher (Clemson Terrors) 39

So there you have it folks! Thanks to Out-of-Conference play, we now have three teams out in front for the national championship race. With five weeks of conference play now beginning, will these teams continue their success? Or will some darkhorses pull off some upsets and make a run for the title? We don't know for sure, but what we do know is that there's going to be a ton of great NCBB games in the next few weeks, so best of luck to everyone!

Don't drop the soap.
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In a recent interview, Coach Lon Chaney of the Nevada Wolfpack commented on how honored they are to have been moved up from Division II last year. "The key to our 4 - 0 start has been the excellent play of our defense. As long as we can keep playing all of our games under the full moon I think we will continue to have some success . . .
khainek

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Fresh from Noise Herald: "After recent allegations that Noise is ranked too high thx to not playing strong opponents Noise players got together... got drunk and stayed that way through whole preparation time before Clemson game. Well everyone knows that Noise Player is most dangerous while having a hangover! - 'I even forbid to give'em water or beer... until after the game' - said Coach Chris Petersen during half time. That tactics worked 4-1 vs Clemson and the game was unreal. Will they use same tactic against TT? - 'Hard too say we spent half of Noise States' budget for that vodka, I'm not sure will that be enough but thanks to Anonymous help from Poland (container of 250 liters of 90% alcohol called Spirytus) We sure can try!' - Petersen answered and added - 'that's the first time i see them drinking water after big W'" Under the article we can see some pictures of picture of one of the players during mentioned preparations

Last edited by khainek on %b %17, %2010 - %17:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

... did I or did I not say "Tumblers of Vodka" in the game chat, Jumbo?!?... all hail Poland! Very Happy

P.S. khainek... we will be expecting a righteous keg stand for the Gogrez KEG STAHNDYNGZ from Noise State this year.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2010 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcing Mizzou vs Hawaii Saturday, 8 am EST.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2010 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The RFAdvantage Rankings
Week 4 RFA ratings are here, Finally, waiting on the non-AQ, maybe those gits will pick up the pace.

The RFAdavantage. The MOST accurate team ranker by week!

1. Clemson 4-0-0 (.967) Last Week ranked #3
~ Clemson picks up a great win at GG and leapfrogs the tigers into 1st place.
+4 TD +15 casualties (+20 net) #11 Noise next week

2. Missou 4-0-0 (.960) Last Week ranked #2
~ The tigers are mad as anything and will likely take their rage out on someone for being passed over for the top spot again.
+9 TD +5 casualties (+14 net) #8 Hawaii next week

3. Oregon Waterfoul 3-0-1 (.805) Last Week ranked #1
~ Oregon suffered a major upset last week but was able to hold into the top 3 by means of still being one of the only teams with 3 wins.
+4 TD +9 casualties (+13 net) #23 Navy next week

4. UMSL 2-2-0 (.797) Last Week ranked #6
~ USML is one of only 3 undefeated teams in the NCBB but will rank behind Oregon because of their overall power ranking and +/- numbers.
+4 TD +3 casualties (+7 net) #27 DD next week

5. Texas Tech Rat Raiders 3-0-1 (.796) Last Week ranked #5
~ TTech decided to run with the ‘we can score more than you, feel free to kill any rats you catch’ motto for this season, it has helped them run up the score but how long can they keep it up?
+8 TD -11 casualties (-3 net) #7 NC next week

6. Nevada 4-0-0 (.770) Last Week unranked
~ The wolfpack has been tearing up the non-AQ. A perfect record and fighting for a chance to bid into a quality bowl game.
+6 TD +4 casualties (+10 net) #28 Arizona next week

7. NC 2-1-1 (.729) Last Week ranked #8
~ NC picks up their 2nd win in a row and establishes their place in the top ¼ of the RFA rankings.
+1 TD +4 casualties (+5 net) #5 TT next week

8. Hawaii 2-1-1 (.718) Last Week ranked #11
~ Hawaii’s returns to the top ¼ of the rankings with a winning record and looks to upset Missou in week 4
+1 TD +0 casualties. (+1 net) #2 Missou next week

9. GG 2-1-1 (.712) Last Week ranked #4
~ GGs loss to Clemson sent the teams in opposite directions. GG now maintains a record that will keep them as a top of the middle, they could use another win to be in contention for the big bowls.
+1 TD -11 casualties (-10 net) #21 UCon next week

10. Georgia 3-1-0 (.706) Last Week unranked
~ The Bulls have yet to lose a game, but tying a non-AQ team is enough to keep them in the middle of the pack.
+4 TD +5 casualties (+9 net) #14 BK next week

11. Noise 2-1-1 (.681) Last Week ranked #9
~ Noise picks up the forfeit win, but as forfeit wins never count for quite as much, falls back two spots to new teams being rated in the RFA.
+0 TD +1 casualties (+1 net) #1 Clemson next week

12. Gogres 2-0-2 (.651) Last Week ranked #12
~ The gogres are a whle new club, an even record and they didn’t lose any spots in the expanded standings, this team could look to upset many a good Beastie teams this year.
-4 TD +10 casualties (+6 net) #16 Pain next week

13. Cali 2-0-2 (.642) Last Week ranked #7
~ Cali’s loss to TT drops them in the expanded standings by a good bit, the fact that they have an even record will keep them in the middle of the pack for some time most likely.
-2 TD +5 casualties (+3 net) #15 Nib next week

14. BK 3-0-1 (.639) Last Week unranked
~ The knights may be coming apart at the seams but they fight on and win more than not, they are the 3rd team to show in the ranking from the non-AQ.
+4 TD -2 casualties (+2 net) #10 Georgia next week

15. Nibraskah Wannabees 1-1-2 (.557) Last Week ranked #15
~ Nib finds their first win of the year and holds still at 15, they will look to go to a neutral schedule next week vs Cali.
-1 TD -10 casualties (-11 net) #13 Cali next week

16. PainState 1-1-2 (.554) Last Week ranked #10
~ Painstate feels the pain themselves in their rebuilding year, and falls back to a losing record losing 6 points in the standings.
-1 TD -5 casualties (-6 net) #12 Gogres next week

17. Nevada 1-0-0 (.544) Last Week unranked
~ Ricer fans are happy as can be to win their 1st game in the NCBB, they will have to play great to keep up this raking.
+1 TD +4 casualties (+5 net) #18 HuMon next week

18. HuMon 2-0-2 (.544) Last Week unranked
~ The HuMons are fighting and scratching to be considered one of the top non-AQ teams and will have their chance to affect their standing playing Rice next week.
+1 TD +4 casualties (+5 net) #17 Rice next week

19. UL 1-2-1 (.519) Last Week unranked
~ The cardinals are carry a neutral record in the non-AQ and will need wins to have any chance at a bowl game.
-1 TD +1 casualties (+0 net) #26 Ugli next week

20. Tenn 2-0-2 (.512) Last Week unranked
~ The vols are scrappy and surviving the season so far, they could really use a win to entertain any hopes of seeing a bowl game in their inaugural season.
+1 TD +0 casualties (+1 net) #25 Bama next week

21. U.Con. 1-0-3 (.494) Last Week ranked #13
~ The once feared convicts are a pathetic shadow of their former selves, they will need to start winning soon, and are actually able to be mentioned for the McNurgles.
-3 TD -1 casualties (-4 net) #9 GG next week

22. Buffalo 1-0-3 (.486) Last Week ranked #14
~ Buffalo’s in the same boat, a once proud program, with major bowl game aspirations, now relegated to the bottom of the pack hoping for a few wins to see a low bowl game.
-5 TD +1 casualties (-4 net) #24 Vampy next week

23. Navy 0-0-4 (.339) Last Week ranked #16
~ Navy looks bad enough to go completely winless this season, is it too early to make plans for the McNurgles?
-7 TD +3 casualties (-4 net) #3 Oregon next week

24. Vampy 0-0-4 (.337) Last Week ranked #18
~ The Vampy Biters rack up another loss, they have their best hopes for a win at Buffalo next week, otherwise their fans can likely start purchasing their tickets to the McNurgles bowl.
-6 TD -14 casualties (-20 net) #22 Buffalo next week

25. Bama 0-1-3 (.296) Last Week unranked
~ The Stains are a stain on the non-AQ, having just disappeared and started forfeiting games again, they are likely risking permanent expulsion from the NCBB.
-3 TD -3 casualties (-6 net) #20 Tenn next week

26. Ugli 0-1-3 (.294) Last Week unranked
~ The uglis are looking for their first win, they face the brutal Cards next week and will hope to find their way.
-4 TD -6 casualties (-10 net) #19 UL next week

27. DD Tech 0-0-4 (.289) Last Week ranked #17
~ DD may be going thru the coaching change as their current coach has not been seen for near to two weeks, maybe when they return they will be an inspired team.
-6 TD -4 casualties(-10 net) #4 UMSL next week

28. Ariz 0-1-3 (.202) Last Week unranked
~ The sewer devils have tied the only game they showed up for, they will likely be expelled from the ncbb for another forfeit loss.
-6 TD -2 casualties (-8 net) #6 Nev next week

Rocketing up in the standings
Hawaii +3
Nevada (introduced at #6)
Georgia (introduced at #10)

Dropping like a stone
DD -10
UCon -8
Buff -8
Navy -7
Vampy -6
Pain -6
Cali -6
GG -5

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2010 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevada Coach Lon Chaney was recently quoted, "These no show games are really getting out of hand. I am afraid that my boys might get a bit rusty -- of course it is not something they will loose any sleep over - - - of course they don't really sleep . . .
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The RFAdvantage Rankings
Week 5 RFA ratings are here, and all the top teams have 1 loss already!

1. Clemson 4-0-1 (.837) Last Week ranked #1
~ Clemson loses their 1st match AND hold onto the #1 seed, the 1st time we have ever seen that done in the NCBB.
+2 TD +11 casualties (+13 net) #23 Vampy next week

2. Missou 4-0-1 (.835) Last Week ranked #2
~ The tigers missed out on a golden opportunity to take the #1 seed with no questions by also losing last week.
+8 TD +5 casualties (+13 net) #13 Minni next week

3. Oregon Waterfoul 4-0-1 (.833) Last Week ranked #1
~ Oregon picks up a lot of ground in the standings while the leaders fall back to the same 4-1 record.
+7 TD +8 casualties (+15 net) #20 UCon next week

4. Texas Tech Rat Raiders 4-0-1 (.822) Last Week ranked #5
~ TTech took a rare close match against NC and advanced to a very respectable 4-1 record.
+9 TD -14 casualties (-5 net) #7 Noise next week

5. UMSL 3-2-0 (.804) Last Week ranked #4
~ USML is the only undefeated AQ team in the land, however those 2 ties will really hold them back.
+6 TD +3 casualties (+9 net) #25 Navy next week

6. Nevada 5-0-0 (.776) Last Week #6
~ The wolfpack continues tearing up the non-AQ. A perfect record keeps their top end bowl game dreams in their reach.
+9 TD +8 casualties (+17 net) #17 UL next week

7. Hawaii 3-1-1 (.774) Last Week ranked #8
~ Hawaii’s picks up a great win as Missou, and could find themselves in the talk about the BCS title game if the top teams falter again.
+2 TD +0 casualties. (+2 net) #9 Cali next week

8. Noise 3-1-1 (.745) Last Week ranked #11
~ Noise jumps in the standings after a monster win over Clemson last week, striking distance of being talked about in the top tier of bowl games.
+5 TD +5 casualties (+1 net) #1 Clemson next week

9. Cali 3-0-2 (.703) Last Week ranked #13
~ Cali’s improves back to a winning record and breaks back into the top 10.
-1 TD +6 casualties (+5 net) #7 Hawaii next week

10. GG 2-2-1 (.687) Last Week ranked #9
~ GG ties UCon and falls back to the underwhelming performance against a bottom rung team.
+1 TD -14 casualties (-13 net) #26 DD next week

11. BK 4-0-1 (.676) Last Week #14
~ The knights improve to a solid 4-1 record and are currently looking at a shot at a mid level bowl.
+7 TD -2 casualties (+5 net) #28 Ugli next week

12. NC 2-1-2 (.654) Last Week ranked #7
~ NC falls back to a neutral record and drops several spots in the polls.
+0 TD +7 casualties (+7 net) #22 Buff next week

13. Gogres 2-1-2 (.640) Last Week ranked #12
~ The gogres are undebeated in their last 3 matches and are roaring it proudly to everyone they see.
-4 TD +8 casualties (+4 net) #2 Missou next week

14. Georgia 3-1-1 (.619) Last Week #10
~ The Bulls lost their 1st match and are now just hoping to qualify for a bowl game this year.
+1 TD +5 casualties (+6 net) #15 HuMon next week

15. HuMon 3-0-2 (.592) Last Week #18
~ The HuMons look to be right on the cusp of being a bowl contender, improving to a winning record goes a long way.
+2 TD +3 casualties (+5 net) #14 Georgia next week

16. PainState 1-2-2 (.569) Last Week ranked #16
~ Painstate could go back to a balanced record with a win next week, that would be quite a victory for their rebuilding season.
-1 TD -3 casualties (-4 net) #21 Nib next week

17. UL 2-2-1 (.556) Last Week #19
~ The cardinals maintain a winning record and find themselves just outside of the bowl games currently.
+1 TD +1 casualties (+2 net) #6 Nev next week

18. Tenn 3-0-2 (.551) Last Week #20
~ The vols improve back to a winning season and are in striking distance of a bowl game.
+3 TD +0 casualties (+3 net) #19 Rice next week

19. Rice 1-0-1 (.543) Last Week #17
~ Rice nation is hoping for better than the fried rice that was served up this week as they fall back a couple spots in the standings.
+1 TD +4 casualties (+5 net) #18 Tenn next week

20. U.Con. 1-1-3 (.526) Last Week ranked #21
~ UCon stopped the slide with a tie last week, but they will have to win out to save even some semblance of respectibility.
-3 TD +2 casualties (-1 net) #3 Oregon next week

21. Nibraskah Wannabees 1-1-3 (.512) Last Week ranked #15
~ Nib loses to Cali and drops to the bottom rungs of the AQ teams.
-2 TD -11 casualties (-13 net) #16 Pain next week

22. Buffalo 1-0-4 (.458) Last Week ranked #22
~ Buffalo’s loss last week holds them at 22nd due to the fact that they can call themselves an AQ team.
-8 TD +5 casualties (-3 net) #12 NC next week

23. Vampy 1-0-4 (.454) Last Week ranked #24
~ The Vampy Biters pick up a much needed win to keep alive their hopes of avoiding the Mcnurlges.
-3 TD -18 casualties (-21 net) #2 Clemson next week

24. CSULB 0-0-1(.342/color] [color=purple] Last Week unranked
~ The dirtbags look to be the most inept team to ever take the ncbb pitch, we aren’t sure they will survive the remainder of their inaugural season.
-3TD -4casualties (-7 net) unranked Ohio next week

25. Navy 0-0-5 (.341) Last Week ranked #23
~ Most navy fans have already purchased their McNurgles tickets and paper bags for themselves.
-10 TD +4 casualties (-6 net) #5 UMSL next week

Cali +4
Noise +3
BK +3

Dropping like a stone
Nib -6
NC -5
Georgia -4
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2010 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Week 6 Review

It feels like forever since we've reported what has gone on in the NCBB, and boy, a lot has changed since then. In previous seasons, we sometimes had one dominant team, while other seasons we had three battling it out for the championship game. But this year it seems that there is no dominant team, which could potentially allow our first two-loss team (or even three,) into the title game. We still have three weeks to go until then, but seeing as how many teams have played ahead, we're actually fairly close to the end. So let's take a look at who's still aspiring for a championship, and what roads they have left to travel.

Last Two Weeks
-Back in our week 4 report, we listed Mizzou, Oregon, and Clemson as the top contenders. But all of them have lost, some more than once, in the past few weeks, creating chaos in the NCBB world. Missouri lost twice (to Hawaii and recently PainState,) while Oregon lost once (UCon,) and Clemson has tied twice and lost once (Vandy, NC, and Noise, respectively.) Wtf is going on?

Current Standings
-Based on BCS points alone, here are the current standings (note that several teams are a week or two ahead:)

1) TTech (5-0-1) 15
2) Mizzou (5-0-2) 15
3) USML (4-2-0) 14
4) Clemson (4-2-1) 14
5) Hawaii (4-1-2) 13
6) Noise (4-1-2) 13
7) Oregon (4-0-2) 12
8 ) Cal (4-0-3) 12
9) Golden Gate (3-2-1) 11

In reality, ANY of these nine teams could end up in the title game if enough things go right of them. Well, except for two teams in the top four, namely TTech and USML, both of which are second teams of fitz and relezite, respectively. Right now we have a rule stating that a second team, used for filler purposes, cannot go to a bowl game, thus eliminating them from the title discussion (super mega quasi secret probation?) So unless this rule is changed mid-season, which is unlikely, we're going to have to find a few teams who want to step up and claim a spot in the championship game.

Remaining Roads
-The highest ranked eligible team is Missouri at 5-0-2. Their recent loss to Pain hurts their title chances, but the massive amount of injuries to their squad have led their coach to save his recruiting funds for next season. Thus the team only has eight players for their final two games, against Cal and Nibraskah. Odds are they won't be able to win those games without more players, but if the coach wants to sacrifice a little long-term potential for a short-term investment in a title run, the Tigers are in good position.

-The next highest team is Clemson at 4-2-1, despite not having won a conference game yet. They got befuddled by Noise in the Smack 6 opener, losing 1-4 thanks to tons of bad dice (not a single CAS vs Av7 after leading the league in CAS during OoC play.) Two straight ties to Vandy and NC have really crippled the team's title chances...until everyone else in front of them decided to lose. Thus with only one less, the Terrors have a great chance to turn things around and make a title run, which is what they clamored for to start the season. Things might have not been as pretty or perfect as they wanted, but history only remembers the champions, not how they got into the title game (or at least our history page doesn't.)

-Hawaii and Noise are both 4-1-2 and have an outside chance at a title appearance. Both have a signature conference win (2-1 vs Mizzou and 4-1 vs Clemson, respectively.) Hawaii just loss to Nibraskah, and games vs Pain and Minni won't be easy at all. Noise, meanwhile, has to deal with lowly Buffalo before facing self-proclaimed rival NC State (whom Noise beat in the bowl game last year and the season opener this year...so I'm not exactly sure how we play again but whatever.) Both squads will need to keep winning, but given that they have head-2-head wins over the two teams in front of them (Missouri and Clemson,) both are in good position for a title shot.

-Oregon is 4-0-2, Cal is 4-0-3, and Golden Gate is 3-2-1. It is conceivable that these teams could play for a title, though obviously for Cal it is a long shot with games vs Missouri and Pain (not to mention three losses.) Golden Gate has the best chance of these three statistically, given they only have one loss so far. But we all know that Oregon has championship pedigree, given their massive amount of success the past four seasons. One of these two will essentially be eliminated from the title discussion this week as they face off in an epic elf-on-elf showdown. History says Golden Gate doesn't preform well against quality competition, but there's no better chance for them to change that and start on a title run. The only problem is that both teams face the powerful USML squad in the closing weeks, in addition to charity games against the likes of DD Tech and Navy.

The Odds
-Things are very unclear right now in the NCBB. Without a dominant team, we really have no idea right now who will likely play for a national championship. Things don't get much clearer as two of the current top 4 teams are on "double probation," eliminating them from the discussion. But we had our odds makers crunch the numbers and here are our predictions:

BCS: Clemson vs Hawaii
Rose: Oregon vs Noise
Orange: Mizzou vs Nevada**
Fiesta: Cal vs Tennessee**
Killer: BlackKnights** vs Golden Gate
Wonderbra: Nibraskah vs U of L**
Goober: UCon vs Minni
McNurgles: Navy vs Buffalo

So there you have it folks! I brought in four Non-AQ teams (denoted with **,) to help fill the bowl slots (as we have many underachieving or ineligible teams,) and give us our bowl matchups. Obviously these are just predictions and with three weeks left, anything can happen! So go out there and let the dice fall where they may, and perhaps I'll be right all-along Wink

Don't drop the soap.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2010 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The RFAdvantage Rankings
Week 6 RFA ratings are here, the most turbulent NCBB season ever!

1. Missou 5-0-1 (.853) Last Week ranked #2
~ The tigers finally take the #1 spot in the polls and are unlikely to be unseated unless they give it up by choice.
+9 TD +7 casualties (+16 net) #11 Cali next week

2. Texas Tech Rat Raiders 5-0-1 (.849) Last Week ranked #4
~ TTech ratz are regretting the pay for cheese scam they ran while trying to get their program up and running. The 10 seasons of bowl missed bowl games could cost them their shot at a BCS title game as they will not go bowling this season.
+14 TD -16 casualties (-2 net) #20 Buff next week

3. UMSL 4-2-0 (.808) Last Week ranked #5
~ USML remains the only undefeated team in the league and jumps two spots into the 3rd seed.
+8 TD +3 casualties (+11 net) #13 UCon next week

4. Hawaii 4-1-1 (.803) Last Week ranked #7
~ Hawaii’s wins again and jumps into position to set themselves up for a BCS title shot.
+3 TD -1 casualties. (-2 net) #18 Nib next week

5. Clemson 4-1-1 (.800) Last Week ranked #1
~ Clemson falters again and drops 4 spots, still in range of a BCS title game but no longer hold their destiny in their own hands.
+2 TD +12 casualties (+14 net) #15 NC next week

6. Oregon Waterfoul 4-0-2 (.747) Last Week ranked #3
~ Oregon loses a painful match to UCon and falls further back into the back of the BCS title game hopefuls, they will really need some outside help to make the big game.
+6 TD +7 casualties (+13 net) #7 GG next week

7. GG 3-2-1 (.712) Last Week ranked #10
~ GG picks up their 3rd win but isn’t likely a BCS title contender but holds solid hopes of playing in the Rose bowl if they win out their remaining schedule.
+3 TD -14 casualties (-11 net) #6 Oregon next week

8. Nevada 5-0-1 (.692) Last Week #6
~ The pack falters and loses their unbeaten record and will likely miss being considered for the Rose Bowl, but could still hope for the Orange.
+7 TD +7 casualties (+14 net) #16 Tenn next week

9. BK 5-0-1 (.681) Last Week #11
~ The knights have strung together a great season and are in contention for a very nice bowl game bid.
+9 TD -2 casualties (+7 net) #26 CSU next week

10. Noise 3-1-2 (.675) Last Week ranked #8
~ Noise falls again and is now likely to be content with a nice mid level bowl game.
+0 TD +7 casualties (+7 net) #23 Vampy next week

11. Cali 3-0-3 (.643) Last Week ranked #9
~ Cali’s ouside hopes at a high end bowl game were all but shot with this past weeks 3rd loss.
-2 TD +7 casualties (+5 net) #17 Minni next week

12. Georgia 4-1-1 (.634) Last Week #14
~ The bulls pick up another win and have a very nice record, this tam could have some future.
+3 TD +5 casualties (+8 net) Forfeit Win at Ugli next week

13. U.Con. 2-1-3 (.605) Last Week ranked #20
~ UCon wins big at Oregon and is rewarded in the polls for their effort, although only a miracle will keep them out of the garbage bowls. They will have back to back weeks facing the #3 seeded team.
-2 TD +3 casualties (+1 net) #3 UMSL next week

14. UL 3-2-1 (.604) Last Week #17
~ The cards won a strong match against Nevada and improve to a middle ranked team and hopes for a mid tier bowl game.
+3 TD +2 casualties (+5 net) #22 HuMon next week

15. NC 2-1-3 (.599) Last Week ranked #12
~ NCs loss drops them back a few spots down to the bottom half of the rankings.
-1 TD +6 casualties (+5 net) #5 Clemson next week

16. Tenn 4-0-2 (.594) Last Week #18
~ The vols improve back to a winning season and are in striking distance of a bowl game.
+6 TD +0 casualties (+6 net) #8 Nev next week

17. Gogres 2-1-3 (.590) Last Week ranked #13
~ The gogres lose their 1st match in half a season and fall back several spots, but still are likely to be seen bowling this year.
-5 TD +6 casualties (+1 net) #11 Cali next week

18. Nibraskah Wannabees 2-1-3 (.585) Last Week ranked #21
~ While the rats pick up another win and are entertaining dreams of a winning record this season, they are still far from their previous top of the pack dominance.
-1 TD -12 casualties (-13 net) #4 Hawaii next week

19. Ohio 1-0-0 (.550) Last Week Unranked
~ The Drunkguys start out with a gentle match against the Dirtbags and pick up a much expected win to start their ncbb careers.
+4 TD +1 casualties (+5 net) #24 Rice next week

20. Buffalo 2-0-4 (.545) Last Week ranked #22
~ Buffalos 2nd win may be all that’s required of them to avoid the humiliation of the McNurgle’s bowl.
-7 TD +6 casualties (-1 net) #2 TT next week

21. PainState 1-2-3 (.530) Last Week ranked #16
~ Painstate loses a painful match to the ratz and drops from dreams of a winning season to hopes of avoiding a losing season or even the humility of BCS Title winner to McNurgles contestant.
-2 TD -2 casualties (-4 net) #1 Missou next week

22. HuMon 3-0-3 (.511) Last Week #15
~ The HuMons have gone away, we are hoping they will return but noone has seen hide nor hair of them in weeks.
+0 TD +3 casualties (+3 net) #14 UL next week

23. Vampy 1-1-4 (.486) Last Week ranked #23
~ The Vampy Biters are en’thrall’ed that their team didn’t lose last week to the #2 team in the nation, but it will take more than ties at this point to avoid the game of shame.
-3 TD -19 casualties (-22 net) #10 Noise next week

24. Rice 1-0-2 (.452) Last Week #19
~ Rice with two games left holds out remote hopes of a winning season but will be unlikely to see any bowl games this year.
-3 TD +5 casualties (+2 net) #19 Ohio next week

25. Navy 0-0-6 (.306) Last Week ranked #25
~ The McNurgle’s is all but certain at this point unless the Navy coaster has a far bigger upswing than any past year.
-12 TD +4 casualties (-8 net) Forfeit win at DD next week

26. CSULB 0-0-2(.342) Last Week ranked #24
~ The dirtbags rose to the challenge this week scoring 2 TD before eating their only player to ever score. This team may have issues going forward averaging 2 dead and 3MNG per match.
-7 TD -5 casualties (-12 net) #9 BK next week

UCon +7
Hawaii +3
GG +3
Nib +3
UL +3

Dropping like a stone
HuMon -7
Rice -5
Pain -5
Minni -4
Clemson -4
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2010 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The Buffalo BullCentaurs have been looking to start a game all season with all 6 blockers in tow, thankfully today for the first time they did just that, and the good news is they ended the game with all 6 as well Smile

And now for the bad news..........
despite keeping all 6 blockers healthy the Buffalo BullCentaurs team roster is a lot smaller following the game with Noise State Broncos in which the final cas tally accounted for both bulls niggled, 1 hob niggled and 1 Hob dead, leaving the Buffalo BullCentaurs with a total of 7 players for there next game vs the Clemson Terrors.

Coach Shades_Steelfist was caught after the game and had this to say...

"Well ive spent all season wishing that i could start a game with all 6 blockers and as il be starting the next game with just that pluss me troll it looks like my wish has come true, nuffle giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other it seems...... Sneaky %$&^$ &*$&^$%$** .......... What a week to give up smoking"

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2010 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The University of Nevada Wolfpack would like to apologize to their fans for their last two lackluster outings. The university would like all of our fans to know that the Offensive Co-ordinator has been "reassigned" to another position in the athletic department (spare zombie parts). Last weeks poor example of play calling - long bombs to zombies down the sideline, and forcing our star wolf to workout in the Wolvesbane pacth to "toughen him up", simply could no longer be tolerated. Sadly Wolfman Jack will have to sit out the next game recovering from his extreme allergic reaction - - but the rest of the team is now ready to "live" up to their potential.
 Jump to: