51 coaches online • Server time: 17:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nagi no worries Smile i got my bowl of Eggnogg and oranges!

3 of my wins where forfeits, the rest was Nuffle Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I can list about six undefeated teams who didn't go to the BCS title game IRL...most of them being from a Non-AQ conference.

The way this league is designed, the new teams are all lumped together so they can play opponents at a similar level, while the returning teams are all 170-220 range and can beat the tar out of each other. The Non-AQs (our newbies,) should consider it a blessing that we even allow them into bowl games at all!!! Muahahah!!

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Rose Bowl Analysis

Noise State Broncos (5-2-2) vs Hawaii University (5-1-3)

Pre-game Analysis
-The Granddaddy of them all features an up-and-coming program in Noise State vs a successful but title-less program from Hawaii. The Broncos dominated the Non-AQ last year and won their bowl game, but it was unsure how they'd do against top-level competition for an entire season. A year later, they've clearly shown that a BCS group like the Smack 6 wouldn't be a problem, as they crushed title-participant Clemson 1-4 and finished with a strong (some would say championship-game worthy,) 5-2-2 record. Meanwhile, Hawaii was a few years removed from being a Non-AQ team themselves, but have been very successful in the Big Beast conference, with two bowl wins and title-hopes each season. The team was loaded with talent this year, but bad breaks and injuries cost the team a few games, and thus they'll have to settle for a glamorous Rose Bowl appearance.

Noise State Analysis
-Noise State finished 5-2-2 by going 1-1-1 in OoC play (and one forfeit win,) and 3-1-1 in conference play. Their biggest win, by far, was a 4-1 upset win over Clemson to start Smack 6 play. With 13 players (though one MNG,) and 100k in recruiting funds, Noise will have the clear edge in depth for the contest. They also have a 1FF advantage, as well as more MB, several dodge players, like their blodge Ogre. Yes, a blodge Ogre named Joe O'Brien.

Hawaii Analysis
-Hawaii finished with a respectable 5-1-3 record by going 2-1-1 in OoC play, and 3-0-2 in conference play. Their biggest win was a 2-1 victory of then-undefeated Oregon in week 4 of OoC play. With only 10 players (and one has a niggle,) it will be very difficult to stay in the game if their numbers dwindle early on in the contest. Hawaii does have four blodgers, in addition to two other players with dodge, so their best bet is to keep their distance from the Broncos and wait for opportunities to pounce on the ball. The key will be keeping St4 Ag5 blodger Jeramy Bryant (who tied for the Top Passer award last season,) near the ball so that Noise plays conservatively knowing that he can strike at any time.

Key Factor Analysis
-The biggest key to the game will be the first three turns. If Noise receives, KOs two of the LoS players, and BHs another on a blitz and/or foul, Hawaii would be down to seven players for the half before they even moved. Although elves can overcome just about anything if the dice are with them, it will be very difficult to do so for 14 turns. The best thing Hawaii has going for them is that Noise only has two tacklers, and they are linos, rather than the frenzy/MB/guard blitzers. If the flyin Hawaiians can avoid early injuries, consistently dodge away from Noise players, and take a few of the Av7 guys down, they'll have a chance. The two games that Noise lost this season were to ryanfitz's teams (1-0 to UCon, and 5-0 to Texas Tech,) so maybe they should ask him for tips. If Hawaii hopes to win, they might want to try the tactics that Tech used so well: damn the torpedoes, all ahead full into the backfield and find that ball!!!

Prediction Analysis
-Although we love Hawaii and despite Noise State, the odds are that the Broncos will simply wear down the elves and cap off a stellar season with a Rose Bowl victory. The two MB blitzers will each have two casualties, the Blodge Ogre will have a ball scatter to him and he'll score on the final turn, resulting in a 3-1 final score.

Ending Comment Analysis
Best of luck to both teams in this contest!

Don't drop the soap.
Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
I can list about six undefeated teams who didn't go to the BCS title game IRL...most of them being from a Non-AQ conference.

The way this league is designed, the new teams are all lumped together so they can play opponents at a similar level, while the returning teams are all 170-220 range and can beat the tar out of each other. The Non-AQs (our newbies,) should consider it a blessing that we even allow them into bowl games at all!!! Muahahah!!

And now i´m blessed with a bowl, snatched from the scaly claws of the Golden Lizards Razz

None shall Pass!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:

I can list quite a few teams that were from major conferences that were undefeated and didn't get a national title shot. Heck Penn St. has went undefeated 5 times 4 times without any ties and won major bowls and didn't win the national title.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I was specifically referring to the BCS era, but yeah there's a ton more if you go through the years. I think the 94 or 95 Penn State team suffered the fate you mentioned, with the 04 Auburn team being the most glaring victim in the BCS years.

An 8 team playoff is the truest way to determine who the champion is, because you decide things on the field where it always should be, not in some damn computer formula or the biased votes of idiotic humans!

Don't drop the soap.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2011 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The Gogres should decide the champions.... they arent smart enough to be biased!
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But they're so dumb that they'd always pick themselves Razz

Don't drop the soap.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Did GG get totally boned out of a bowl bid or am i missing something?
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hanzz was schedule for a round 8 game vs USML and relez had pmed him. Eventually (I think on or after the deadline,) Hanzzz replied back saying to forfeit the rest of his games. Since I haven't seen or heard from him since, I assumed he wouldn't be around for the bowls and just skipped him.

Same with jumbo and Tennessee, though he just showed up today of course.

Don't drop the soap.
Aenir

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
But they're so dumb that they'd always pick themselves Razz

but its not biased!
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A stupid, unbiased decision is no better than a smart, unbiased one Razz

Don't drop the soap.
Nagi21

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
A stupid, unbiased decision is no better than a smart, unbiased one Razz

I disagree Cool
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2011 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Correction from previous post:

A stupid, unbiased decision is no better than a smart, biased one Very Happy

Don't drop the soap.
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2011 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevada vs. the Bullcentaurs is in the books.

My compliments to Shades -- he seriously has to be the best sport in the NCCB (their should be an award for that -- even pro hockey has one -- and it is pretty bloody).

Smile
 Jump to: