46 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the first ever College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB is in its 11th season, and with only one week left before the bowl games, there is a lot still left up in the air. We're going to break it all down for you, so let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. Welcome, fellas.

Anthony Killer: Thanksss for having me.

Tyler Brosius: Glad to be here, Chris.

Fouler: With these being the first show and all, why don't we catch everyone up on this season's action?

AK: Sssure thing, Chrisss. Last ssseason we sssaw the Hawaii University emerge as national champions, ssso they entered this year with a big target on their backsss. Being the preseason #1 ranked team, the pressure hit them really hard, asss they have struggled to a 3-0-5 record. Their ssstellar defense from last year has gone missing, with 10 allowed ssscores in only four conference games.

Bro: Yes, it certainly has. Hawaii's fall left the Big Beast conference wide open this season, but no one has yet to truly rise above everyone else. We only have one week to go, but the conference champion hasn't been decided. Someone needs to get their act together soon, otherwise we might have the most confusing bowl discussion ever.

Fouler: Indeed, this could easily be the most contested #2 final BCS ranking in the last seven seasons. The only certainty is that the Oregon Waterfoul will be playing in their...what is it, fifth championship game in seven years? Clearly the premier program in the nation, Oregon came in as the preseason #5 ranked team after losing several quality players from last year's title runner-up campaign.

Bro: Clearly they didn't lose enough! The Smack 7 conference was supposed to be more balanced this year with the return of Clemson after a one-year vacation and the addition of Yale from a dominant run through the NonAQ conference last season. But everyone outside of Oregon underachieved, seeing as their #2 ranked team currently only has three wins, while every team in the Beast has at least that many.

AK: Yesss, but their #2 team, Clemson, also only has one losss on the year. They just might be a dark horse title game participant if they beat Buffalo and an impressive-looking Beast champion doesn't emerge.

Bro: Hey, any team that wins the Beast is pretty damn impressive, Anthony. You know that from first hand experience playing at Cal.

AK: I do, but if a two-losss Beast team doesn't inspire the votersss, we have sssome ssserious debating to do. Clemson will make a case that they deserve a rematch with Oregon, the only team to beat them this ssseason. Sssome might even sssay that Michigan Ssstate deservesss a chance, despite their NonAQ ssstatusss.

Fouler: Really, a NonAQ school? The highest bowl game a NonAQ program has ever reached was the DeadEx Orange Bowl in Season 9 when the BlackKnights got there with an 8-0-1 record.

Bro: *looks at Anthony* I recall that they beat Cal 2-1 in that contest.

AK: Thanksss, I had forgotten.

Bro: Really? Should I also remind you that Cal has lost six straight bowl games? *chuckles*

AK: *stares are Brosius*

Fouler: Uh...Anthony, do you think that the voters could really put a NonAQ team into the championship game?

AK: *turns back towards Fouler* There'sss an outside chance, Chrisss. Right now there are three Big Beast teamsss with a legitimate shot at facing Oregon: Nibraskah at 5-1-2, Nevada at 4-2-2, and the BlackKnightsss at 4-2-2. The Wannabeesss and Knightsss just played to a 3 to 3 draw last week, ssso we don't get much clarification from tiebreakersss. Luckily Nevada and the Knightsss face off thisss week, with the winner needing Nibraskah to lose vs Cal in order to essentially punch their title ticket. Remember that Nevada beat Nibraskah 2-0 a few weeksss ago, ssso maybe even a tie by the Wannabeesss will be good enough for them.

Bro: Yeah, both teams would be 5-2-2 in that last case, which should give Nevada the edge over those rats via the head-to-head win. But the world of college blood bowl is crazy, and we're a just a few outcomes away from a Chaos-scenario.

Fouler: Care to elaborate for us, Tyler?

Bro: The worst case scenario that leads to BCS rankings chaos goes like this: Cal nuffles the crap out of Nibraskah, which makes the BlackKnighs vs Nevada game a defacto national semi-final game for the championship. But the two sides manage to mangle the other in the contest, with seven combined permed players in a 1 to 1 tie. Both teams are then 4-3-2, but they fail to impress voters with their mangled rosters. Nibraskah fell to 5-1-3 but their losses to Cal, Clemson, and Nevada, combined with the tie to the Knights means that they are virtually eliminated from the title discussion. Cal actually enters the discussion given their wins vs the rats and Wolfpack, along with their tie vs the Knights and despite their loss vs Oregon. Clemson would have a 4-4-1 record if they take care of business vs Buffalo, including a win over Nibraskah and loss to Oregon, but their 1 to 1 conference ties vs both Torxas and UCon hurt their case. Of course Michigan State with their 8-1-0 NonAQ record is sitting there twiddling their thumbs, just waiting to see where they go this bowl season.

Fouler: So if all of that did happen...what would the voters ultimately end up doing?

Bro: Does it matter? First off, the voters are stupid anyways. Secondly, Oregon already beat three potential contenders this season, namely Clemson, Cal, and the BlackKnights. Even if they did take this week off and lose to Torxas, they are going to win the championship no matter whom they face.

Anthony: Hang on there Tyler. Revenge can be a powerful equalizer, especially if the favoritesss fall into a false sssense of sssecurity.

Bro: If that were the case, you'd think that Cal would have managed to win a bowl game by now! *starts laughing hysterically*

Anthony: *angrily* One more joke like that, and I'll break that sssupposedly ssstrong arm of yoursss!

Fouler: Settle down guys, please. Now, what are your predictions for this week's games?

Anthony: *calmer* Well, I think that the BlackKnightsss have too much dodge for Nevada'sss one tackler to deal with, ssso they'll get the W. Likwise, my beloved Cal won't be able to deal with Nibraskah'sss talented guttersss, sending the Wannabeesss to the championship.

Bro: I'm going to play the odds on this one and make the safest prediction of them all: no matter who they play, Cal is going to lose yet another bowl game!!! *starts laughing hysterically again*

AK: *furious* THAT'SSS IT!!!

*Anthony uses his Break Tackle skill and blitzes Tyler, rolling double POWs and injuring him*

Fouler: Holy crap! Someone call the apothecary quickly!!! Ah wait...nevermind, he's only gonna miss the next GamePlay.

Bro: *screaming* Fouler you jerk! Call the doc over here quickly!!

*Fouler then drops the boot onto Tyler, knocking him out.*

Fouler: *quickly fixes his tie* Ok, well...I guess that's all from College GamePlay, built by the Gnome Depot. I hope that we'll have a second broadcast, and if we do, we're going to need a replacement analyst to join us. So if you know any retired and/or graduated NCBB players willing to be smarter around a former All-American saurus than Tyler was, please let us know. We'll return next week to look at the last week's action, as well as predict how the final BCS standings will turn out. For everyone here at College GamePlay, conscious or not, thank you for joining us! Until next time, enjoy the games!!!

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on Sep 05, 2011 - 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Aenir

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe Person!

He is awesome! Smile (and looking for some people to talk with, his planned NBFL career hasnt taken off!)
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hawaii has completed its regular season schedule with a tie of Pain State. Immediately following the game, the team was retired.

Thanks to you all in the league. It has been an absolute pleasure. You are all a bunch of great players whom I'm proud to call friends on here. Best of luck in growing the league in the future.
Apojar

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hawaii has completed its regular season schedule with a tie of Pain State. Immediately following the game, the team was retired.

Thanks to you all in the league. It has been an absolute pleasure. You are all a bunch of great players whom I'm proud to call friends on here. Best of luck in growing the league in the future.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2011 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

That counts! I retired a team, I'm a badass!

Good luck with your real life endeavors, Apo! break a leg! Bloodbowl-style!

Marcellus

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The Nevada Wolfpack vs. BackKnights game will be played at 1:30 pm (pacific U.S.) time on wednesday.
highelfmage

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If I can join I want unlv rebels!!
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Highelf:

If you're interested in joining, make sure to read the rules for the league (found in a link at the bottom of the group page below)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6888

If you like what you see, make a L team and apply it to the group. We're about a week away from bowl season, and once that is over, you'll have a chance to play 3 builder games with your new program. Once the season starts, your team will be in the NonAQ conference with all the new teams, proving yourselves while simultaneously building your program for advancement to the big leagues the season after.

Stop by channel #NCBB if you have any questions, or just want to meet some of the coaches you'll be schoolin next season!

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB is close to completing its 11th season, as bowl week is only a few days away from beginning. We're going to break it all down for you, so let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. Welcome, fellas.

Anthony Killer: Glad to be back, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Fouler: Of course not, this is perhaps the most important week of the season...until next week of course!

Bro: That's right Chris. The final games of the season were recently finished, and now bowl week is upon us! Over the next few days, the four various polls used to calculate the Final BCS Standings will be tallied, including the always-important Coach's Poll.

AK: Luckily the CBBSss rankingsss came out earlier today, ssso we can already sssee 30% of the final formula. Not sssurprisingly, we found Oregon at the #1 ssspot. But the debate for the sssecond ssspot isss just beginning!

Fouler: It does look to very close this year, Anthony. In the CBBS poll, three teams, California, Nibraskah, and Michigan State tied for the #2 spot with 17 points each. Three more teams, Nevada, Georgia, and the BlackKnights, were right behind them at 15 points each! There are many teams with a claim to face the Waterfoul in the title game, so we'll be taking a look at each of them.

Bro: The first team we'll look at is your former squad Anthony, the California Golden Lizards. Just two weeks ago, these guys were 3-1-3 with only one conference victory. But two straight upsets over Nevada and Nibraskah have dramatically changed their season, putting them in the title discussion. The head-to-head win over the Wannabees gives them the edge when you look at BCS points. They likewise beat Nevada, another title hopeful, and managed to tie the BlackKnights as well. That's 2-1-0 against other contenders, which certainly helps their cause. The problem is that they had two conferences losses to .500 teams in PainState and Ohio State, while they got smacked around by Oregon during out-of-conference play.

Fouler: Yeah, the early loss to Oregon could make voters think about giving someone else their shot at the Waterfoul. Anthony, what about the other Beast teams that Tyler mentioned?

AK: Three other sssquadsss have legitimate chancesss, ssso let'sss begin with Nibraskah. The Wannabeesss have the sssame 5-1-3 record asss Cal, but lost to them in the ssseason finale as previously mentioned. They did finish tied for #2 in the CBBSss, but they also lost to Nevada and tied against the BlackKnightsss. They did also lose to Clemson, the other title contender from the Sssmack early in the year. Nevada had a weak OoC ssschedule, but they did beat Nibraskah while tieing the BlackKnightsss. That losss to Cal will hurt them though, along with a 1-2-2 conference record. Finally we have the aforementioned BlackKnightsss, who also lost to Oregon early in the ssseason. Their conference record wasss 3-3-0, but they did sssomehow manage a tie against the other three Beast teamsss previously mentioned. Whether the voters reward or punish them for not beating, though not losing against, the other contenders remainsss to be ssseen.

Bro: Speaking of ties, Clemson was the master of ties this season. They defeated Nibraskah in the season opener, then got ties against both PainState and Ohio State. You'd think that preforming at a high level against the Beast would prepare them for a dominant run through the weaker Smack conference, but things didn't go that way. With three more ties against Torxas, Clemson, and Buffalo, they really had to defeat Oregon in order to salvage a title shot. But they lost a tough game 1-0 against the Waterfoul, so they don't have a win vs an above .500 opponent since week 1. I don't think only having one loss, albeit to the #1 team in the nation, can save them from that reality.

Fouler: That certainly is a harsh reality that they might come face to face with, Tyler. However there is one more team with a darkhorse-like campaign going for them, that being the Michigan State Spartans from the NonAQ conference. Anthony, you gave these guys a long shot to make it last week...do you think their chances have improved?

Anthony: Well Chrisss, I really think that they have. A win by Nibraskah or Nevada would have virtually punched their ticketsss to the championship, but neither team could find a way to get the W. Both Clemson and the BlackKnightsss were involved in ties asss well, further creating a log-jam at the #2 ssspot. But the biggest development was perhaps having the Ssspartans finish tied for sssecond in the recent CBBSss poll. They are one of the two undefeated teamsss left in the country, and all they want is a chance to prove that they belong on the field.

Bro: Yeah well they can prove that they belong in the Orange bowl or something! Seriously, did you look at their opponents from this year? I don't know how half of those teams qualified as a college program! If NC State wasn't being forced to make its team focus on academics rather than playing college blood bowl, we could take those guys!

Fouler: But NonAQ schools have played in several bowl games before, and I do believe they have a winning record!

Tyler: Yeah and even a Troll passes his 'really stupid roll' once in a while. BCS programs can't get excited about playing some small school, which is clearly why they haven't really shown up in those games. Except for Cal, as they always lose their bowl game no matter who they face.

Anthony: Throwersss really don't learn quickly, do they? I thought that you'd bite your tongue about frequently insulting Cal after what happened last week.

Tyler: Hey, I just report the facts. Cal hasn't proven anything on the field during any of their bowl games, and no NonAQ school is going to accomplish anything against Oregon in a bowl game. Heck, no one is going to beat stop them from getting another championship this year.

Fouler: Truth be told, Oregon is 1-0-2 in their last three bowl games. Granted they were in the national championship each time, which makes this their fourth consecutive title appearance, but history has shown that they can lose when it matters most.

Bro: Yeah but they won't this time. The Waterfoul have only given up four scores all season long, with their only non-victory coming way back in week 1 when much of their team was made of freshman or sophomores. But with eight straight victories, they are now a highly-skilled, upper-class oriented squad.

Fouler: Regardless of whether the outcome is certain or not, who do you guys think that Oregon will ultimately face in the championship?

AK: As much as I want to pick my alma mater, the votersss will likely look at the BlackKnightsss being unbeaten against the other three contendersss from the Beast. Going 3-3-0 in conference isss perhapsss more impressive than the other potential tiebreakersss that votersss will use.

Bro: Just for laughs, I'll take California. While I still might be having symptoms from last show, I do think that Cal's recent victories over both Nevada and Nibraskah will give them the edge. The most important part was that they were recent, unlike many of the aforementioned credentials that happened far earlier in the year. Ultimately they will lose yet another bowl game, but they certainly played their way into this matchup.

Fouler: You know what? Give me Michigan State. These guys won every game since they tied in their opener, the same as Oregon. The Spartans played in one more game as the Waterfoul and only allowed a similar five scores. I don't know if they could beat Oregon four times out of ten, but the beauty of college blood bowl is that you only have to win the one the matters.

Bro: Which Cal cannot do.

Anthony: And you can't ssseem to keep your mouth ssshut!!!

*Anthony begins chasing Tyler around the set*

Fouler: *sighs* Well...I guess that's all from College GamePlay, built by the Gnome Depot. I don't know how long we'll stay on air with such an...interesting cast, but if we do have another show, we'll take a look at all of the bowl matchups once they are announced. From everyone here at College GamePlay, thank you for joining us!

Don't drop the soap.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2011 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

RFAdvantage Bowl Predictions!

McNurgle's BowlImage
#16 Torxas 2-2-5 (.532) -3 TD +4 Cas
~ Torxas has ensured themselves a spot in the McNurgles this season and will face.
vs.
#20 Vampy 1-1-7 (.452) -13 TD -16 Cas
~ Vampy’s slight improvement over last season by no means will keep them out of the McNurgle’s this year.

Really, there is NO winners in the McNurgle’s, but we can hope you guys can earn a mutation.

Goober BowlImage
#15 Yale 2-1-6 (.534) -6 TD -20 Cas
~ Yale who had such high hopes coming into the season, is lucky to even be invited to a bowl game and will face…
vs.
#18 UNM 3-2-4 (.487) -1 TD -2 Cas
~ The blows will receive a bowl bid thanks to several teams being ineligible this season, however we think they may just be looking at this as a bit of exposure, rather than have any expectations to win this one.

In the second easiest game to predict (only Cali’s bowl game will be easier) Yale:3 UNM:1

Wonderbra BowlImage
#13 Tlaxcala 3-4-2 (.569) +3 TD +3 Cas
~ The frogs hopped around the non-AQ and earned themselves a bowl bid, look for them to be hard pressed to handle…
vs.
#14 UCon 2-3-4 (.567) -3 TD -6 Cas
~ UCon fell apart this season and will be well matched against Tlax in this bowl game.

UCon’s bowl experience will provide for a tight game, but the frogs take this with a hop skip and a jump in overtime Tlaxcala:2 UCon:1

Killer Lite BowlImage
#10 Buffalo 3-3-3 (.651) +1 TD +32 Cas
~ Buffalo absolutely destroyed their opponents this year and were able to capitalize on those injuries for some wins, they will be favored over
vs.
#12 Ohio 3-2-4 (.623) -1 TD +3 Cas
~ The drunkguys may be coached by a gogre but they just can’t dish out the same pain, however they score slightly more.

Buffalo take a bowl trophy home in a defensive bash. Buffalo:1 Ohio:0

Tossit-os Fiesta BowlImage
#8 Nevada 4-3-2 (.695) +3 TD +6 Cas
~ The wolfpack will qualify for the last of the good bowl games and secure some good money for their school, however they have to face a tough.
vs.
#9 Painstate 3-3-3 (.667) -1 TD -3 Cas
~ The orcs have had a trying year at best neither excelling at scoring or beating up their opponents and will be tested to their limits in this game.

The Wolfpack will prove far too much for Pain and will control most of this match Nevada:2 Pain:1

DeadEx Orange BowlImage
#5 Black Knights 4-3-2 (.716) +5 TD +4 Cas
~ The Invincible’s improve their record from last season, turning one of their losses into a tie and inflicting one more Cas this season, but not enough to justify our recommending them for the Rose Bowl.
vs.
#7 Clemson 3-5-1 (.700) +4 TD +18 Cas
~ Clemson did not come back with the fire and brimstone they wanted but secured one of the top bowl games in their return.

Clemson will look to own this one from the kickoff, but will see a skilled Knights team tie up the game and go ahead on some Invincible plays to close out the game BK:3 Clemson:2.

Rose BowlImage
#3 Nibrashka 5-1-3 (.750) +3 TD -11 Cas
~ The rats will be a favorite over the game we predicted for last seasons Rose Bowl.
vs.
#4 Cali 5-1-3 (.722) +4 TD +5 Cas
~ The yearly bowl losers will put up a good showing in another Rose bowl. They will gnash and claw their way as they attempt to break the curse.

Cali fails to convert on another Rose bowl attempt and will give Nib a scare as they tie it up late and lose the bowl in overtime. Nib:3 Cali:2

BCS Title GameImage
#1 Oregon 8-1-0 (.927) +14 TD -6 Cas
~ Oregon is by far the best team in the ncbb this season and we expect them to pick up another trophy this year vs.
vs.
#2 Michigan State 8-1-0 (.450) +15 TD +32 Cas
~ In an amazing first time ever occurance we predict a non-AQ team to take the pitch in the top bowl game. Thir undefeated status justifies being ranked well over the 3 loss teams of the AQ who are the only other competitors hoping for a title shot. While Michigan State has the same record, their SoS makes them major underdogs against the perennial quacking powerhouse.

We predict a valiant effort by the humies but the elfy buggers will have their way. Oregon:3 M State:1

Last edited by ryanfitz on Sep 12, 2011 - 02:09; edited 1 time in total
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2011 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey - - -

Nevada has a record of 4 - 3 - 2 not 4 - 2 - 3. We earned that Draw!!!!
(3 loss team indeed . . . .)

Nevada Athletic Department
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

iss tyem uh-gan fir duh annyoouhl GOGRE KEG STAHNDYNGZ... bring'd tuh yooz bi duh GOGRES.

FURST playce is duh DURTBAYGS!!.. cuz dem tohld us dey'd tayke awl duh kegz bahk tuh dat beer stohr wen weez dun drunk'd 'em...

TURD playce is dem BLACK RATS wif awl dem ARMEEs... how manee arhms dey gots?.. dun't mahtur cuz dey'r turds.

Nuhmbur TOO spot is duh BULLDAWGS cuz when dey keg standid dey did uh nummer TO on duh floor. Stey clahssy Jorgia...

HI FYVE spot fur PAYNE STAYT cuz dem drink'd moar beers wif dere keg stanhd den mos' udders.

SICKS iss duh HUSKIES uhgain, cuz dose dogz puked onna floor aftur dere keg stanhd.... uh-gan...

SEHBUN goz two luhkee nummer CALIGOGRIA ihn onnur uf beein' REARly bad at drink'din outta bowls.

MihSHITgan stayt?! Dem git ATE?! WHoo duz dem uhpprishiate?! gogres! gogres! SKY YOO MAH!!

FROGZ arh nynefh...

uhLEBUNTEEN gitz tuh duh WANNABES cuz it'd dat manee tymes dere koach sayd dey wuz gonnna looz eech gayme.

VAMPY gitz FOHWUR cuz iss duh trelveteenph tyme dey suck'd it.

TRELVETEENph playce we gehss goz tuh KLEMSUN eevn doh dey spildt beers ohn dere shurtz ahn did'n suck it owt.

TENPH gitz WOOFPACK cuz dey help'd duh huskies lap up dat puke.

BLAHKNITES gitz TURDStweendereTEEF cuz dahts whut dem gotz awlreddy.

BUFPHALLO isz duh FYVE-tweenph teem - dem drinkz daht KEG purty guud two...

ahn duhfendyng chumps HUH-WAGH-EEs gitz duh FYNUL SIKStweenph spoht.

AN' DAHTS IT FUR DUH GOGRE KEG STAHNDYNGZ!!!... if'n yooz goht snuhb'd iss lykelee fir guud reesuns Smile
Krispy

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2011 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That is just too funny. What a great write up. You should take that act ESPN with a costume. You'd make millions.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2011 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

College GamePlay
Built by the Gnome Depot

Chris Fouler: Welcome to the College GamePlay show, where we review and preview all of the recent National College Blood Bowl action! The NCBB is close to completing its 11th season, as all of the bowl games are going to be announced here on the show. We're going to break down each matchup for you, so let me introduce my partners, former Cal blocker Anthony Killer and current NC State quarterback Tyler Brosius. This is the day we've been waiting for, fellas.

Anthony Killer: It certainly isss, Chrisss.

Tyler Brosius: I can't wait for these bowl annnoucements; we should have some great games to watch.

Fouler: Yes, we certainly should. We are only minutes away from the first bowl announcements...any thoughts before the excitement begins guys?

AK: It hasss been another great ssseason in the NCBB, and we're ssstill not sssure who will be playing Oregon in the championship. It ssshould be interesting to sssee who the pollstersss and votersss decided upon.

Bro: I can't wait to see who Cal will be losing their seventh bowl game to! *chuckles*

AK: Already? You'd better watch yourself today you ssson of a...

Fouler: *interupts* I hate to intrude, but the first bowl game has just been announced. We begin our announcement special with the infamous McNurgles bowl, the lowest rated game. Here to help with the announcements, please welcome former Mihn'eeSOH'tah star-gopher Moses Alipate.

*The camera pans over to the right...back a little to the left...over to the right again...and sees a little paw waving at the bottom of the screen, so it looks down to find the tiny gopher*

Moses: *makes a squeaking noise*

Fouler: Uh...hello to you too, Moses. Care to announce the first bowl game?

*Moses squeaks in excitment, scrambles around a bit to find a large, flat piece of treebark, and holds it up. The crude, yet colorful sign reads:*

McNurgle's Bowl: UNM LoBlows (3-2-4) vs Vampirebilt Commonthralls (1-1-7)

Fouler: Ah yes, the McNurgles Bowl: the only game that you don't want to be in! Sadly this will mark the third straight year that Vampirebilt is in the game, though they didn't get to play last year's contest.

AK: But instead of playing sssome mean mummiesss again, they get an interesting matchup against the LoBlows from the NonAQ conference. Both of these teamsss could really use a win heading into next ssseason to get thingsss turned around.

Bro: It looks like we just got our second bowl game in...Moses, got another sign for us?

*Moses scrambles around before finding the second treebark sign, holding it up to reveal:*

Goober Bowl: U.Con. Huskies (2-3-4) vs Torxas State Bobkats (2-2-5)

Fouler: Ah, once again a repeat bowler. Torxas won the Goober bowl last year in epic fashion, but they struggled to another mediocre season. The same can be said of UCon, who just hasn't been the same since winning it all in season 7.

Bro: Torxas defeated Ucon 2-1 a few weeks ago, where they were just more physical than the Huskies. UCon will certainly be motivated to get their revenge in this contest.

*Moses squeaks a few times*

AK: It looksss like another bowl game just got reported. What do we have thisss time, Mosesss?

*Moses holds up another sign, revealing the next bowl game:*

Wonderbra Bowl: Akron Yips (6-1-2) vs Tlaxcua Horned Frogs (3-4-2)

Fouler: Interesting...it seems that Akron got bumped down one spot in order to get a rematch with Tlaxcua. These two NonAQ teams battled to a 1-1 tie earlier in the year, so the Bowl Committee must have wanted them to settle things for good.

AK: I like the move, personally. Tiesss are pretty weak, but this way we get to find out which program isss likely poised for big thingsss next year in the BCSss.

*Moses finds another sign to hold up, this time revealing:*

Killer Lite Bowl: Buffalo BullCentaurs (3-3-3) vs Ohio State Drunkguys (3-2-4)

Bro: Yet again Buffalo finds themselves in the Killer Lite Bowl, though they'll probably prefer to win it this time around. Ohio State is pretty young right now, and they have a couple of key players out. Still, this game could be very interesting.

Fouler: One of many interesting games, hopefully. Out of this bottom tier of bowls, which game are you guys looking forward to the most?

AK: I really want to catch the battle of the NonAQ teamsss, Akron and Tlaxcua. The best way to jumpstart your program isss to prove it on the field, and thisss isss a great opportunity for both sssidesss.

Bro: I mean none of these games matter, but if I had to watch one, I guess Buffalo vs Ohio State should at least have some blood. Always a fan pleaser, Chris.

Fouler: No doubt about that. Well, we're halfway through our bowl announcements, with the best yet to come. Moses, care to show us the next game?

*Moses squeaks in excitement and finds the next card, which shows:*

Tossit-os Fiesta Bowl: Clemson Terrors (3-5-1) vs PainState (3-3-3)

AK: Ah, a rematch from their tie during OoC play. Ssseemsss that the Bowl Committee wanted to decide these gamesss once and for all.

Bro: This should definitely be a hard-hitting contest that goes down to the wire. There certainly won't be more than three combined scores in this game.

Fouler: And it looks like our next bowl game is in. Moses?

*The furry gopher locates and raises the next sign:*

DeadEx Orange Bowl: BlackKnights -I'm invincible! (4-3-2) vs Nevada Wolfpack (4-3-2)

Fouler: Another rematch from the regular season? Boy, the committee certainly had a plan when pairing these games.

Bro: And a recent rematch as well, Chris. These two teams met just last week, with the winner almost guaranteed a spot in the national championship. But they played to a 2-2 draw, obviously clearing the way for someone else to play for it all. But these two rivals will enjoy settling their score regardless, I'm sure.

AK: That development certainly opened the door for the NonAQ sensations, Michigan State, to possibly make the title game. I wonder if the pollsters and voters deemed them worthy.

Fouler: I think we're about to find out... do we have another report, Moses?

*Moses holds up a rosy-looking sign*

Rose Bowl: Nibraskah Wanabees (5-1-3) vs Michigan State Spartans (8-1-0)

Bro: It doesn't look like it, guys. Though certainly the Granddaddy of them all is a nice consolation prize for an undefeated NonAQ run.

Fouler: While the pollsters, specifically from the RFA and CBBS, had the Spartans ranked highly, the coach's poll only had them ranked seventh. Certainly disapointing, but they still get to play a very solid Nibraskah squad.

Anthony: And although we know the match already, it looksss like the official report for the championship game isss coming in.

*Moses squeaks about until he finds another sign:*

Fouler: Uh...Moses, that isn't the bowl announcement.

Bro: Nice logo, though.

*Moses squeaks*

Fouler: Yeah...just find the right sign, please.

*Moses hands his head before locating the sparkling championship sign and holds it up:*

BCS National Championship: Oregon Waterfoul (8-1-0) vs California Golden Lizards (5-1-3)

Fouler: For the fourth straight season we find Oregon in the title game, although they did lose two of those three previous bowls. Still, this team looks stacked and their only non-win of the year was a tie back in week 1.

Anthony: A week after that tie they beat Cal 2-0, ssso it'll be interesting if the Lizardsss have learned anything from that contest.

Bro: They could learn as much as they want, but it won't help them finally win a bowl game! This Waterfoul team is stacked, and Cal won't be breaking their streak this year.

Anthony: No one thought that they would even make a top tier bowl game two weeksss ago when they were 3-1-3. Those winsss over Nevada and Nibraskah have instilled confidence in thisss team, and they certainly have the toolsss to be competitive in the game.

Fouler: I really think that the big key for Cal is to not put any extra pressure on themselves. Yes, you've lost six straight bowl games. Yes, you're playing for the national championship. And yes, you're playing against a team that has historically had your number. But they played well the last two weeks by getting back to the basics and just competing for sixteen turns. If they can do what they did the last two weeks, Cal certainly has a shot.

AK: A ssshot is all you can ask for, Chrisss.

*Having been holding up the championship sign for several minutes straight, Moses' tiny arms give out and the treebark crashes down onto him.*

Fouler: *leans over the desk to look at the mangled gopher* I'm sure that he'll be ok; he's a toughie. Anyways, do you guys have any parting comments before we go?

Anthony: Thisss isss the best week of the ssseason, Chrisss. Teamsss have worked all year for thisss momment, and now they finally get a chance for eternal glory. It isss time for these guys to 'go big or go home,' asss they sssay.

Bro: And Cal might as well warm up their wagons now, because they will definitely being going home after yet another bowl loss!

Anthony: You just never learn do you!?

*Anthony begins to chase after Tyler, but trips over the unconscious body of Moses after failing his Break Tackle roll*

Bro: *still running away* Timberrrr!

*Anthony falls and barely avoids body-slamming the tiny gopher, sparring him from certain doom.*

Fouler: Uh...good thing Anthony wasn't around when they taught players how to pile on, right? Ok that was bad...please tune in to our next show within a few days as we analyze each of the bowl games. From everyone here at College GamePlay, thank you for joining us!

Don't drop the soap.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2011 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the McNurgles was an insult bowl for AQ teams historically. Was this year an intentional change or just an oops
 Jump to: