40 coaches online • Server time: 16:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ex-convict

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thought.

Maybe each skill choice could be a year's progress for each player.
0-5 spps: freshman
6-15 spps: redshirst freshman
16-30 spps: redshirt sophmore
31-50 spps: redshirt junior
51-75 spps: redshirt senior
76+ spps: Ready for the pros!

This way those BoBs that level slowly won't disapear after 4 seasons, since they can last quite a while. Meanwhile, the flashy players that score all those points (and thus get all the attention from the higher leagues) will be headed to the pros sooner, which is how it is IRL.

Just for a few examples, I'll show some of my players from my teams, their spps and games played:
(take into consideration that a college season will be 11 games + bowl game, for the example)
Nightmare, thrower, 54 spps, 21 games played. In the "season progression", Nightmare would just be completing his 2nd year. In the "spp progression", Nightmare will be a game or two into his 4th season.
Pitch Black, lino, 68 spps, 32 games played. In the "season progression", Pitch Black would be near the end of his 3rd season. In the "spps progression", Pitch Black would be fairly close to graduation.
Of course, those are dark elves that have a better chance at spps. A Saurus wouldn't be so lucky:
Steel, saurus, 31 sps, 21 games played. In the "season progression", Steel would be near the end of year 2. In the "spp progression", Steel would just be starting his 3rd season.

Obviously, the role of the player will determine how long they play in the "spp progression". But if the majority of the team made it 60 games in a "season progression", they would all have to leave at the same time, which would cripple a team.

Though it is doubtful that a handful of players could all make it to 60 games around the same time, it is a concern.

<i>For now, we'll go with the seasonal progression for what year each player is.</i>

<u>Tomorrow I'll be making the group official, so look to start making your teams.</u>

Don't drop the soap.
pml97

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting concept for sure. I like it but it definitely takes away from the concept that teams will be able to reload and come back strong.

Texas, Ohio State, USC always have good talent waiting. The teams that win will in fact be the ones most penalized by this format most likely. Not a bad thing just a thought. And on occassion you do get the Matt Leinart who stays when they should go.

Vince Lombardi
Dogbarian

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the idea of retiring them by SPP growth, instead of by games played. In fact, I think that's a sensational idea. It will act to keep the teams TR/TS within reason as well, even though powers will develop, you'll see a leveling effect (and rebuilding years).

Or, perhaps some combination? Perhaps 6 games played counts as a skill roll, and the player must be retired when the combination of "skill years" + actual skill rolls totals 5. So, you won't always be losing the top skill players, you might occasionally lose the "pluggers" that you skill up for 2 useful skills, and then hold them there. If they never get a skill, you'll still get 5 seasons out of a guy.

Do we also need a rule that says you can't retire a player on the first stat reduction or niggle? I think that's interesting as well. That might not be so great though, I haven't played enough games to know for sure.
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like retiring a player at 76 spp... mainly because i think legends should be a possibility. Those rare true gems who hit the pros as an elite player from day one. I agree however that the 4 season thing could be very challenging as well, especially after the first crop goes on. But then again, 48 games, give or take, is a pretty good life expectancy for a player, and even a lineman can make a splash in that time. I say go with seasons, despite the obvious issues, not spp, and keep a hall of legends, as well as the seasonal Heisman type award, voted by the coaches. Just my two cents, plus a buck or two.

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Awards like the Heisman, a Hall of Fame, and other rewards will be used.

Those spps numbers were examples. I'll mess with em a bit once tomorrow before starting the league.

Don't drop the soap.
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I dig it. I still think an spp cap isn't the right way to go... But that is but one mans opinion Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick thought.

Rather than call our award the Heisman, we can leave it as the nameless trophy until we run through a season and have our first winner. Then the trophy will be named after that player.

Don't drop the soap.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the group has been created. If you have a team ready to submit, submit it to the group: <b>National College Blood Bowl</b>
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4759

We will begin the first season after a good ammount of teams have joined.

<i>Also, I am looking for assistants that are knowledgeable in the area of html and w/e (obviously I know little), and could spice up the group page with images, especialy a league image.</i>

Don't drop the soap.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I can help with images and stuff.

Is there any restrictions on teams? New teams, LRB?

And I have to say that I kind of like the idea that after the season you have to retire 76+ spp players.

Yeah, you can't make Legends. But it will be different, and brings a new team building tactics and problems. There should be an award for winner though. How about that the winner can keep one 76+ spp player in roster for the next year? If he likes. Or every winner of Bowl games can keep one? Then there would be something to fight about in the Bowls other than bragging rights.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, its not different. I can't name the leagues from memory, but i passed over at least one or two for cutting players based on SPP... Not that i'd skip this, i still want in, but yea, i've stated my opinions already Smile.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if you win a bowl game you can "redshirt" a player with 76+ spps (obviously won't do much for the 1st couple seasons) and give him an extra season to play.

If we went 4 seasons, maybe he could play in a 5th.

Don't drop the soap.
Mercutioh

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the SPP vs the four seasons rule. I also like the ability of the bowl winners getting a redshirt. with the time or games played rule you really have to wonder how many players can be replaced in a single season. We can't add a certain amount of money at the end of each season so it would seem to me that we would have the possibility of a team losing eight players after one game with the ability to buy one replacement. what's the restrictions on team creation? I say Pac-10 teams can only play elves because everyone knows they don't play defense west of the Mississippi Twisted Evil
Knightred

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I am applying to join with My team the Ducks. I prefer brand new teams but i understand if we dont go that way. And all you Pac-10 haters can bite me lol

PS Stick me in the PAC-10 If you want after all thats where the Ducks Belong
Russo

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

If you want something more manly than recreating US college jocks finding a way to legaly view other mens crotches in the showers...then join a real thread and debate for the future of FUMBBL!!!

(see two can play that game ex-convict) Wink

Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2007 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What future? As said in your post @ http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 , christer will shut down the server when we don't hit the mark.

So I simply suggested that they join this league @ http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4759 to help make up the games we need.

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: