39 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

New to FUMBBL but not to BB. I have been reading through the user guide and it states that you need to own a copy of the BB game in order to play here. I actually do own a copy of the game but I was wondering why I actually need it to play here. Doesn't the LRB cover all of the information that you need to know?

What else would you need a copy of the game for then (other than to play offline of course! Very Happy )?

Olaf the Stout
nonchalance

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Legality and copyright.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

aka not getting yr ass sued by GW

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, thanks for filling me in. At least I don't have to dig through the cupboard to find the boxed set before I played my first game. I thought there might be something you had to keep track of on the game board.

Olaf the Stout
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

well... as long as u dont make an issue of not having the boardgame itself, GW would never figure it out... but if ur like the rest of us, u'll end up buying more BB minis after joining the site than ever before

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Athenian

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

True, if anything they should pay Fumbbl for advertising and promotion. I know it pretty much sparked my interest. Smile
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
well... as long as u dont make an issue of not having the boardgame itself, GW would never figure it out... but if ur like the rest of us, u'll end up buying more BB minis after joining the site than ever before

Yeah, after finding this site, I'm tempted to get the boxed set out my cupboard and playing a few face to face games with my D&D gaming group. The only thing I wish I had was the cards from the Death Bowl supplement. I managed to get a copy of the book from Death Bowl but not the rest of the supplement.

Olaf the Stout
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Athenian wrote:
True, if anything they should pay Fumbbl for advertising and promotion. I know it pretty much sparked my interest. Smile

If it wasn't for Ski and Christer I may never have got my 2nd Ed out of the attic so wouldn't even remember the name of the company that made it.

So definitely wouldn't have discovered 40K spent hundreds of pounds on our families armies.

My son would not have convinced his school to splash out on WFB and even more potential converts.

If they are not making anonymous donations they don't know what's good for them.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

They DON'T know what's good for them...

Founder of FLOP.
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

moonl1te wrote:

I take it that there has been some friction between this website and GW?

Olaf the Stout
Chewie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:
moonl1te wrote:

Olaf the Stout

I don't think so Olaf.

It's just that a lot of us on here are not happy with the way that GW is being run at the minute.
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I wanted to express, thanx Chewie! Smile

Founder of FLOP.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Olaf_the_Stout wrote:

Olaf the Stout

everything was fine... there was no friction... man i told you... just play a few games...
but you couldn't stop it, right? you couldn't stop asking legal questions. you had to bring disturbance into the peace. Now i have no choice. I gotta reveal the truth. In GW.... they are crab people..

Crab people want domination of the world, but are too weak and small to destroy or take down man by force. So the crab people created an ingenious way to take down man: turn all men into GW-Gamer. As one crab person said, "If you can't beat man, change man". By changing men into GW-Gamer, mans backsides would be too fat and too weak to beat the crab people.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny thing that. You need to own a copy of the game, but the game is nowadays free to download from GW:s website. Ofc you need a board too, but these can you make from paper or something and any models can be used to play!
Chewie

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2007 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Use tiddlywinks, they are cheaper than models! Very Happy
 Jump to: