60 coaches online • Server time: 21:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ziaxool

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone got any ideas about what i should get for my rookie Dark Elf team. For the moment, it consists of:
4 Blitzers
2 Catchers
4 Linemen
1 Witch Elf
2 Re Rolls

I got 140,000 gold pieces to add stuff for.
This is my first team, so any help is apreociated!
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves can purchase catchers?

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:
Dark Elves can purchase catchers?
No, they have to "make" them.
patton_71

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

well with 140K left...seems obvious for 9FF and an Apothicary...
Revener

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh!! FF - 2

I would go for another WE or a RR.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2003 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say 3rd RR and save for the second WE and to replace the -ag blitzer. Most likely you'll probably want the position players as replacements even if you suffer a loss or two. Also, be sure to shoot for those 2 TDs and 2 CASs every match, as you really need to up that Fan Factor.

Regarding 'making' catchers, I think you'll find that it's better to spread the SPPs around. With AG 4, all your players (except the aforementioned -ag blitzer) are about as good as other team's dedicated throwers and catchers. Try getting all your players block and dodge first and a few other crucial skills (sure hands on the two throwers and kick on a lineman. Don't laugh, it rocks). Look for players who are just a completion away from a skill and start them off in the backfield on offense and try to set up players who are 3 away for the score.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I made the same mistake with my Dark Elf team, starting with a 4 fan factor. All it took was 2 bad games back to back,-2 fan factor, and I was playing with 7 players for the following 10 games. I played through it, though and they're doing better now,... Wink ...but I'll never start a new team with a low fan factor again.

You need to get your fan factor up higher so you can weather those bad games, and purchase new players when they die...so I agree with BadMrMojo, the reroll is key.
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2003 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You really should check out the User Guide; it stresses the importance of FF for long-term team development. In particular, check out the Dark Elf team creation page: http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=DarkElfSetUp