45 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gran, Pac, Johan: Great points and discussion thanks!

I really like the idea of removing Sure Feet to show their love of drink!

I'd considered WA initially but liked the idea that a failed Bone Head removes TZs (and any assists from Guard) to represent them downing a pint, oblivious to the game going on around them.

So we have either:
A) 0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Bone Head, Horns, Sprint, G S Ph
or
B) 0-2 Centigor 90000 6 3 2 8 Wild Animal, Horns, Sprint, G S Ph
is the way to go.

Considering Bone Head, No Sure Feet, and the price of team rerolls, do you guys still think A is too powerful/effective?
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any player in the entire game that has G/S/A/Ph? If not, there's no reason to start now. Smile

What I like about Wild Animal is that it messes him up as a ball-carrier, which I think is good.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Is there any player in the entire game that has G/S/A/Ph? If not, there's no reason to start now. Smile

I don't follow.. Centigors don't get A access.

johan wrote:
What I like about Wild Animal is that it messes him up as a ball-carrier, which I think is good.

I think WA might be too restrictive given how often you'll want/need to blitz with either the Mino or Ungors.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, when you wrote "A" I thought you meant "A" access. Razz

I still prefer B, though.

Craftnburn wrote:
I think WA might be too restrictive given how often you'll want/need to blitz with either the Mino or Ungors.

Making it an annoying choice is the whole point. Smile
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe... I think he messed that one up. (For fun?) You clearly meant option A rather than Agility. (Beaten...)

Still... I'd love to se a G/S/A/Ph player. Why not even a G/S/A/P/Ph player!? He would have to have a much weaker statline though, but think of the endless possibilities people! Haha! Very Happy

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

I know what you're saying, but I think it goes beyond annoying and closer to crippling. 3 WAs and only 1 blitz means a lot of TR standing around doing nothing.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
johan wrote:

I know what you're saying, but I think it goes beyond annoying and closer to crippling. 3 WAs and only 1 blitz means a lot of TR standing around doing nothing.

Although this would encourage the team to use doubles to get Tents to help ensure the WAs have someone to block.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

Although this would encourage the team to use doubles to get Tents to help ensure the WAs have someone to block.

A bit too heavy handed toward team development I think. Wink
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always RR on the Cents, though. I'd guess that they're still a bit good on scoring with just Bonehead. Perhaps with AG dropped to 1, though...

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2007 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
You can always RR on the Cents, though. I'd guess that they're still a bit good on scoring with just Bonehead. Perhaps with AG dropped to 1, though...

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer No Hands? Wink

I don't think it's quite that necessary to eliminate them as ball carriers and still keep the team balanced. I see them as a rough parallel to CD Bull Centaurs. But with Bonehead and no Sure Feet they're even less reliable.
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2007 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

@Gran. I think you might have mixed it up with the Tzeengor from the "original" Wink (atleast the first) Bray Herd.
He is really supposed to have access to all skills exept general.
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11654
And thats just one of the players, Smile
Gran

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2007 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@orko_oskar: No, no upmixing as such. I just found the whole idea rather compelling, but not for the centigors. Smile

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Responding to comments that the Centigors, and the whole team itself, are a bit too reliable, I've made a few changes:

1> Centigors are now Really Drunk (err Stupid) and slightly cheaper to reduce their reliability as ball carriers and blitzers.
2> Reduced both Ungor and Bray AV by 1 to compensate for S access and to allay questions regarding their price.
3> Reduced the cost of rerolls due to addition of Really Stupid to Centigors.

Ok guys, see what you think now.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Strength access really that good? I'm genuinely interested here - with one skill, Guard likely beats out SS or DT. With two skills, Guard+PO feels about the same as DT+SS, possibly slightly better. With three skills, Agility is in the lead for sure.

I'd suggest playtesting the roster now - I'm pretty sure it's not overpowered, at least, even though consistent ST2/Guard could be quite potent.

Overall, I imagine the team will be very good at the bashing game, but in an interesting way, using Guard for lockdowns rather than pure extreme slaughter.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2007 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Is Strength access really that good? I'm genuinely interested here - with one skill, Guard likely beats out SS or DT. With two skills, Guard+PO feels about the same as DT+SS, possibly slightly better. With three skills, Agility is in the lead for sure.

My thinking was pretty much along the same lines.. after Guard the benefits go down quickly. But concerns about S access were common.

johan wrote:
I'd suggest playtesting the roster now - I'm pretty sure it's not overpowered, at least, even though consistent ST2/Guard could be quite potent.

I've been trying to arrange that, but I'm having trouble getting the game to load up with the custom roster files. When I set up the game, the opposing side can't see the Bray team on the field. Any ideas?

johan wrote:
Overall, I imagine the team will be very good at the bashing game, but in an interesting way, using Guard for lockdowns rather than pure extreme slaughter.

"Interesting" is a word I love to hear! Thanks!!!
 Jump to: