46 coaches online • Server time: 00:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay everyone. We've got 16 up and comers, all eager to one day earn themselves a spot in the Premiership.

I've split you all into two divisions of 8. Every team will play every other and you should all have a link to the Tournament schedule which'll show you who your are to play next.

Here're the rules...

No Games to be played outside the Schedule (They will be rejected by FUMBBL).

9 Points for a win, 6 for a draw, 3 for a loss, +1 for every TD scored, and -1 for every TD conceded.

Forfeited games where one party is found to be responsible will result in 12 points being awarded to the 'winner'. All judgments will be made by myself.

Games should be played somewhere along the lines of one a week. There are no set dates or deadlines though. Just try to keep the league alive through regular gaming!

Star Players, One Turners, Dirty Players, Razor Sharp Pilers... everything allowed in the rules is allowed in this league. The intention, however, is for everyone to have fun, so please keep this in mind.

Although the exact conditions surrounding promotion to the Premiership are undecided, it is likely that many of the top placed teams will be given a chance to prove their worthiness, so be sure to battle hard for a good position!

The SouthWest Division has been started already, the SouthEastern is just waiting for a couple of teams to be made.

Everyone have fun! Very Happy

Get into it!!
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

when u say 'Every team will play every other' team, Do u mean just teams in ur Division i.e, SouthWest, or do u play teams in both?
Shifty

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn,
Any chance I can get switched over to the South west division mate? Only reason I ask is that Vrox, Drae and Tweak are all mates of mine, and they're all in the South west.

If its to much of a hassle, no big deal.

Thanks in advance. Smile
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just those teams within your Division. Sorry, can't do crossovers. It's designed so that all divisions should end at around the same time though, so we'll maybe have a few quick midseason cups and such that'll allow you to play against everyone...

The teams will shuffle around for Season 2 as a result of promotions and relegations etc... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Shifty

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, thanks anyway Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

13 teams in premier, 8 each in the two lower divisions makes 29 teams...

We get one more team in the off-season, replace any dead wood (ie CrispieCrittter) and make a 30 team league with 3 divisions of 10.

The Finalists in Premier League (8 teams) all qualify for Div1 next season (The Premier League) and then the remaining spots are sorted from 9-30 by TR (or perhaps STR rating).

From then on (season 3+) Top 2 up, bottom 2 down, and new teams replace the drop outs in Div 3.

This means though Twahn, you will have to abandon the 2 teams of every LRB race thing.... but thats OK...

Clay
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Shifty wrote:
ok, thanks anyway Smile

That wasn't in answer to you Shifty, but to Burtoni. Given you're calling yourself Shifty, I suppose a move is appropriate. I'll see what I can do for you... Smile

Clay wrote:
This means though Twahn, you will have to abandon the 2 teams of every LRB race thing.... but thats OK...

It's more of a Monopoly ruling on the races thing. Can't have 3 Woodies until we got 2 of everyone else...

With the future league structure. Yup. Something like that! Wink
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Shifty,

Sorry mate. Too late. Games are already underway so we can't make any changes without destroying everything.
First game gets played 2 hours after season starts. That's what I call a good start! Wink

Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be an error... but I can only view 1 of the 8 team groups
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Rennigeb wrote:
Might be an error... but I can only view 1 of the 8 team groups

There is only 1 group at present, with another to start as soon as the remaining teams get made.
There will be 2 groups with 8 teams in each...
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an alternative for the future structure of divisions.
3 divisions (Premier, 1st and 2nd) each comprising of 10 teams.
3 teams get promoted/ demoted ( I personally prefer this over the 2 team up/down because it allows fast flow from div to div and also reduces that number of games in which you know your team is safe from dropping and cant go up. )

After this first season the teams will be placed into the three divisions via the following mode

Premier Division
1st - 6th placed 13 team group
1st - 2nd placed both 8 team groups

1st division
7th - 10th placed 13 team group
3rd - 5th placed both 8 team groups

2nd division
11th -13th placed 13 team group
6th - 8th placed both 8 team groups
new teams added to fill 10 teams
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking we might try to extend to 32 teams if we can, as then we'll be able to have a Knock Out off season Cup.

In that case, we could have 4 divisions; the Premier, and then 3 equally ranked other divisions. Each with 8 teams. The top 6 teams from the current Premiership would remain and be joined by the winners of each regional division. Everyone else would be divided up between the other divisions.

Smaller divisions will enable us to turn over the seasons more quickly, which'll be good.

Once this is setup, we could have the top 5 Premiers remaining, with the Regional winners getting promoted to the Premier. We could maybe have the 2nd placed Regionals playing off for promotion with the 3rd to 5th placed Premiers for greater movement between divisions (exact matchups based on points earned, with lowest ranked Regional runner-up playing 3rd, next lowest playing 4th, and highest playing 5th)?

What's everyone think?

Either way, we'll try for 32 teams (we could have 11 teams in Div 1 and 2 with Renni's suggestion, or have 12 in the Premier?) as it'll be fun to have a knockout style Champions Cup between seasons!

RIPNE1

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 12 in the premier would be good, better that having byes... and the premership guys will just have to be more keen to finish their games which sounds more than reasonable.

and mid season knock out tourni is rocking!!

oh and star players are so in.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Twahn about smaller teams in each divison in speeding up the season turnover...

The Premier League is going great guns, but the 13 week season is long and arduous... its only been the support it has been getting that has kept it going... I'm in a few other tournaments and they lack alot when compared to the Oceania group (end shameless plug).

And Twahn, are winnings part of the season set up? I think a cash prize for everybody is in order... with the higher divisions earning more than the lower ones, but everyone should get something - eg $10K for last place in the last division...

And to create more anarchy, why don't you start up one of these Open Division tournaments just for SWL members - I'd love to enter my 25 game Orc team to play against you guys...
Tath

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2003 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Any spots left in any division ? Im actually a friend of shify, drea, gav, etc, but am happy to be in any divison of the league.

Ive got a Norse team already made up, but i am happy to change to another team if needed, perhaps wood elves or something.

Cheers
 Jump to: