49 coaches online • Server time: 20:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this new rule?
Yes, it's worth a try
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
No, but i would like some other way to prevent elfbowling
6%
 6%  [ 28 ]
I don't like elfbowling, but i don't think we can do anything about it
18%
 18%  [ 79 ]
Elbowling is fine
66%
 66%  [ 280 ]
Total Votes : 419

OneEye

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

O....M....G!!!! This thread is still going?!?!

Forgive my ignorance (as there is plenty of it) but it seems these 19 pages all simply started from because Zombie got railed by elves... now a 6-0 spankin' and the same casualties must have dented his pride and ego beyond repair and so for this i forgive him for posting such a silly thread. Although i had to giggle that he got beaten by a team made around transformers and they were woodies! He even has Megatron as a linesman and Cybertron (a world!!) as a player for gods sake!! Shocked

WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE?!?!? Kill it... KILL IT NOW!!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Let us have our fun.

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun is slipping on a tutu and dancing down the middle of Main Street singing "Im a little teapot short and very stout".

This is more like Adam Sandler comedy...
Markdienekes

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Markdienekes wrote:
Besides, don't elves have the wish to show they're better than everybody else, and would like to show everyone how its done - hence, unless they're royalty, would play anyone to show that they are superior in every respect (that's if you want to play according to fluff though... and in the spirit of the game...)

LRB 4.0 - page 21:
Did you know...
The High Elf team, the Dragon Princes, was made up exclusively of Elf Princes and High Lords, and were so haughty and proud that they refused to play anyone who was not of equal rank. Consequently they never got to play anyone at all, and were disbanded after five seasons without playing a single match!

So.... the answer to your comment is "no" Smile

i did say, unless they were royalty... which the Dragon Princes were/are ; )
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
He even has Megatron as a linesman and Cybertron (a world!!) as a player for gods sake!! Shocked

I'm pleased to report that I dont have enough affinity with these names to know what you're getting at Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Markdienekes

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Ol_One_Eye wrote:
He even has Megatron as a linesman and Cybertron (a world!!) as a player for gods sake!! Shocked

I'm pleased to report that I dont have enough affinity with these names to know what you're getting at Smile

surely you've heard of the transformers?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Markdienekes wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Ol_One_Eye wrote:

surely you've heard of the transformers?

I've heard of them but I don't watch the TV show.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If there's a problem with the "elf bowling" concept, then they, meaning the designers and play testers, should tighten up on the over abuse of fouling in BB, table top & online. Simply by making fouling an automatic ejection from the game for the player doing the fouling, that would make coaches who rely alot on fouling to actually have to use more strategy in order to win. But I don't see that rules change coming any time soon. It sucks, but for some people winning is everything and they'll always find a way to give themselves an advantage, even if it means being a bit shady in order to do it. This is just my opinion.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I played an pro elf vs wood elf game as my first pro elf game.

2 deaths and 2 SI (one niggled)

Talk about elf bowling! ^^
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

catmando wrote:
This is just my opinion.

This is just a thread that hasn't been about that topic for 10 pages or so! Cool

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

catmando wrote:
If there's a problem with the "elf bowling" concept, then they, meaning the designers and play testers, should tighten up on the over abuse of fouling in BB, table top & online. Simply by making fouling an automatic ejection from the game for the player doing the fouling, that would make coaches who rely alot on fouling to actually have to use more strategy in order to win.

Elf coaches don't avoid bashers/foulers because they're difficult to beat …
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

And elves make the best foulers.

__Synn
nin

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Aliiive!!!
It's aliiive!!!
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it alive...?

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top