54 coaches online • Server time: 19:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lturismo

Post 13 Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So, just finished my first 2 games on FUMBBL. I played tabletop Blood Bowl years ago when I think it was 2nd edition came out, and was eager to play.

The bad news? In my 2nd game, 5 players died!!! one died from "pushing it" if you can believe it!!!

It's one thing to lose, but to lose 5 players? Permanently??? My god! Very discouraging. Guess i'll start from scratch some other time... maybe...
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

just be glad it happened to a rookie team - it only takes a few minutes to start over again!
lturismo

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Very true... my next team will be well armoured, have plenty of rerolls and an apothecary on speed dial!
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

well thats what happens when a av7 teams plays 60 ts down.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Your problem here is that you're not rolling real dice. Instead you're forced to accept the results of a socalled random number generator which of course is not random at all!!! OMG 1,1,1,1,1,1 LOLOLOL

You should seek out Spiro or Queek in chat and ask them to reveal the secrets about the rng... Very Happy

P.s. Just kidding - restart with a fresh team, try once more and have fun
Prez

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

lol have to agree with Diabl0658, what did you expect playing against a much stronger team and Dorfs as well with their 'well armoured' Av9. It didnt help starting with no Rerolls as well, but that topic is discussed on another 'long' thread. At least you still have a credible team to carry on with just stick to teams of equal TR/TS but you certainly have an uphill battle ahead of you with no RRs and a poor FF....Good Luck Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

DonKosak wrote:
Your problem here is that you're not rolling real dice. Instead you're forced to accept the results of a socalled random number generator which of course is not random at all!!! OMG 1,1,1,1,1,1 LOLOLOL

You should seek out Spiro or Queek in chat and ask them to reveal the secrets about the rng... Very Happy

P.s. Just kidding - restart with a fresh team, try once more and have fun

Well I played a tournament last week, losing 3 rounds, winning 2.

Loosing 1 game because I was drunk, not going to argue about that one.

Loosing 1 game because I fumbbled the ball with reroll 3 times in a row (yes 3 times, with a gutter runner on a 2+)
That means a pick up, 1,1 on the throw, 3 times In a row. So there is something as diceraping in the real world too.

Loosing the other game because all my skavens went off the field in the first 3 turns (pretty embarecing) while the other guy was playing skavens as well.
Thats when I started drinking btw.

Also in my last game an ogre rolled:
double skull
got the loner roll alright
Double skull
started the next turn with a 1 for bonehead
started the folowing turn with a blitz, and rolled double skull again, and died.
That was my luckiest game btw.

So just to put a heart under your belt... when the dice go sour in real life you just dont quit you stand up again and try later when you are cooled down.
Try the same for fumbbl. I'm in a cool down periode for this side as well, loosing all my games lately mostly because of bad dice. Sometimes the sun shines, sometimes it rains, and lately i'm drowning.
But I'll stand up again... someday.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You were playing against a MUCH stronger team and you were playing for the first time in FUMBBL.

FUMBBL standard is pretty high so it looks like your opponent just took advantage of you when they took such a ridiculous matchup. To get a team like that on the pitch they must have played a fair few games already.

Don't be so disheartened.. it happens to everyone (nearly).

Please don't just go for the most resilient team you can either... go for a mid range team like humans and try to learn the game from there. Otherwise you'll find you don't learn so much (you get by on your armour).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
spiggle

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would also spectate a few games of some of the good players onsite. Guys like Emphassy (who has played more games than i've had hot dinners) or JackDaniels. You will be surprised at the things you pick up and use against other teams. Things like formations, tactics, what risks to take and when.

Look to see if one of the top coaches has created a newish team that is the same race as yours and follow their development path and how they skill up their positional players. Look at the starting roster, number of RR and FF.

Don't get too disheartened by a big loss or mass casualties or the RNG hating you, it happens to us all, just get on with it, retire your team(if you have to) and play your next match.

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
ThreeKills

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You get used to it.

Is the RNG the same as rolling dice during a table top match? No, it isn't.

The Client's RNG seems to be skewed to a higher then normal percentage than average Armor Penetrations and Injuries.

It also seems to skew towards more "1"s and "2"s than other numbers on the d6.

Might be a delibrate thing, to encourage more turnovers, faster games, and less long term mega team building.

But, all that said, the RNG is ABSOLUTELY FAIR, because everyone uses it, and suffers from it, equally.

Takes a while to adjust, compared to table top, friendly, league play.
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I know it may sound stupid, but learnin' the hard way, is sometimes the best.

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Count_Von_Halseburg

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2007 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

\0/ BLOOD! \0/
dogstar

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2007 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My first 3 games i have managed a highest luck score of 47% and although since then i have had higher luck i have still had players stretchered off with limbs hanging, justthe name of the game i suppose, it is anoying to have to replace players after each match but i'm glad it wasn't a more experienced team.
Nyberg

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2007 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. 5 players isnt that much tbh.. I played vs a 200tr CD's team once.. I beated him so badly that he only got 2 players left in his team afterwards.. Smile And the team had played like 50 games.. hehe.. So be happy and enjoy your deadplayers. Very Happy \o/
Panda_

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2007 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be a thread necromant, he left 2 months ago (and also never played an even game on academy: Congrats Coachs)